1. Post
    shit shot

2. Post
    wow.....

3. Post
    6Dh-RL__uN4

4. Post
    Still way more questions than answers.

Munro and CdG need to go, T20 only for them. Bracewell is clearly ahead of CdG but he wouldn't be in my top team. Neesham looks good at 6. Can definitely only play one of Astle or Santner... still think Sodhi is the most threatening spinner.

5. Post
    cant believe we ****ed that up lol.

6. Post
    That was horrible by Boult, why go for it when your mate is hitting sixes? All he had to do was feed the strike, not go for it too.

turning_point wrote:
    cant believe we ****ed that up lol.
    Yup, two key moments ruined that. Ross non-review and Neesh's brain fade

7. Post
    Terrible performance overall from NZ . To have India 18/4 down and still lose is unforgiveable, especially with their 2 best batsmen back in the shed. KW's captaincy was very average and somethings not right with him mentally when it comes to his batting. Munro & CDG to to go.

8. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    KW's captaincy was very average and somethings not right with him mentally when it comes to his batting.
    This will sound tongue in cheek but I mean it very seriously. The reason is too much IPL.

9. Post
    Thank you very much Black Caps for the $26.

10. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    This will sound tongue in cheek but I mean it very seriously. The reason is too much IPL.
    You need to be more specific. IPL was 7 months ago... his form and captaincy in that tournament was very good.

No idea why we need to make excuses like that. Kane's ODI form has had a bit of a dip, Ross's test form has had a dip. Shall we blame the IPL for that too? I back those two to come good. The others I'm not so confident about.

Was just an odd game. We decided to bowl a guy 10 overs who will probably not even feature in the top team or squad. Playing two spinners and barely bowling them is just weird, what's the point? They certainly aren't making the side for their batting.

Only real highlight today was Henry overall despite some crap at the death, Boult again, and Neesham's striking in a pressure situation. Not many others seem to be in form. Latham looks pretty good in terms of getting starts and 30-50 but has to kick on.

11. Post
    <N> wrote:
    That was horrible by Boult, why go for it when your mate is hitting sixes? All he had to do was feed the strike, not go for it too.

Henry is to blame for Boult's dismissal. Number eleven's need to be given their marching orders very clearly between each and every over. If you don't say anything to the tailender and just let him bat he will do something daft so you must as the senior batsman explain in detail what the tailender can do to support you.
    But yes initially I was mad at Trent.

The game was lost with Neesham's inexplicable run out. What a space cadet.

Our team selection was also off, we need a bowling alrounder seamer in for CDG.

Imagine if we had've had Kuggs or Bracewell steaming in to get the 5th wicket when India were 30-4.

Instead we bowled them 20 overs of Munro/CDG/Neesham which they just milked.

12. Post
    I fell asleep before the end.

I went to sleep happy.

13. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Henry is to blame for Boult's dismissal. Number eleven's need to be given their marching orders very clearly between each and every over. If you don't say anything to the tailender and just let him bat he will do something daft so you must as the senior batsman explain in detail what the tailender can do to support you.
    I never actually thought about it that way but it's true. You can blame a tail ender if you told them to block and they slogged but if they have no guidance you can't expect them to regularly have good shot selection. Boult should have been told to try and poke it around because the best chance at that stage was Henry continuing to hit sixes. It was a long shot but they were close enough that there was a chance if Henry had been given that chance to keep hitting it the way he was.

14. Post
    Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

15. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    But yes initially I was mad at Trent.

The game was lost with Neesham's inexplicable run out. What a space cadet.

Our team selection was also off, we need a bowling alrounder seamer in for CDG.

Imagine if we had've had Kuggs or Bracewell steaming in to get the 5th wicket when India were 30-4.

Instead we bowled them 20 overs of Munro/CDG/Neesham which they just milked.
    What's Bracewell gonna do? Go for less runs? Lol!

If Bracewell is the answer, cricket is not a question I want to entertain...

Forget this world cup, NZ suck right now... that's all there is to it... we need to play more games at home vs Bangladesh and SL and make ourselves feel better about NZ cricket...

Sure shoulda Kuggs bowled some bouncers... maybe - but he don't bat against top quality wrist spin... and good batsmen hook and pull him... Should Young have played... yeah - but he's taken years to start scoring domestic centuries...

By the time the WC is on - super rugby will be in finals flow... lets watch a sport where we only lose to the Irish ;-)

16. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Coulda, woulda, shoulda.
    Pretty much.

17. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Pretty much.
    Hopefully the T20's go better.

18. Post
    <N> wrote:

id also add kane/latham dismissals - there was never any scoreboard pressure just stupid mental errors

19. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    By the time the WC is on - super rugby will be in finals flow... lets watch a sport where we only lose to the Irish ;-)
    too soon man haha

20. Post
    <N> wrote:
    You need to be more specific. IPL was 7 months ago... his form and captaincy in that tournament was very good.
    Thinks he can clear the boundary riders on the full now when he needs to kick start the run rate, instead of staying focused on accumulating.
    I have seen at least 2 or 3 dismissals where he has gone for a six and holed out this series and last series against SL.
    That is a product of his IPL experience.

21. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Thinks he can clear the boundary riders on the full now when he needs to kick start the run rate, instead of staying focused on accumulating.
    I have seen at least 2 or 3 dismissals where he has gone for a six and holed out this series and last series against SL.
    That is a product of his IPL experience.
    Nonsense. He just knows that Ross can strike mid to low 80's but if NZ wants to win, someone has to get the score past 300... That's why he is trying to score more runs, more quickly...

22. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Nonsense. He just knows that Ross can strike mid to low 80's but if NZ wants to win, someone has to get the score past 300... That's why he is trying to score more runs, more quickly...
    That’s possible but foolhardy and unlikely.
    A proper analysis would show he and Ross don’t need to do anything different

They just need more batting support from the lower middle order and openers

23. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Oh my god.... seriously? Containing India to 253 is a win... India batted deep today... their bowling is weaker...

The batsmen have to chase this... or not bother going to England...

In all honesty!
    You've got to be kidding me, having them 4 for 18 they shouldn't have been able to get that total, the only reason they did is because we didn't apply enough pressure them when we had them in real trouble.

24. Post
    Rubbish composure by us overall cost us the win.

25. Post
    signman wrote:
    You've got to be kidding me, having them 4 for 18 they shouldn't have been able to get that total, the only reason they did is because we didn't apply enough pressure them when we had them in real trouble.
    Lol... NZ sucks... just accept it... India played only 3 bowlers at us... they batted deep... and they still won...