Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1754

1. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Son of Ander should have played ahead of Mitchell. One is a T20 rolls royce the other is a toyota corolla.
    Nah. Anderson would be a fiat

2. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    okay guys, N, oddjob, t_point, indigo, mx, wrighty, black plague and even our new guest PSL that n scared off, I loved your company tonight...

we lost... we all know why... series tied... look forward to you all on Sunday...

thank you for your evenings... loved your company... I really enjoy this forum.
    much love bro!

3. Post
    So CdG got a few runs in a totally unrelated format to the CWC...I'm not sure that we have gotten any more answers except he can score runs once every 10-15 innings...it seems like the form threshold for him is extremely low. The public came back to reality re: Sidefart.

- - - Updated - - -

HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    ACC during Kuggeleijn's last over "Not the first time he's had a disappointing end to the evening" the shock laughing in the background
    Lol savage

4. Post
    An interesting take on the Mitchell LBW https://www.firstpost.com/firstcrick...s-6053731.html

5. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    An interesting take on the Mitchell LBW https://www.firstpost.com/firstcrick...s-6053731.html
    Agree 100% about Kane's dissension.
    Disagree aboit snicko not being calibrated properly due to speed of sound. Snicko usually works.
    Last edited by wrighty; 9th February 2019 at 8:18 am.

6. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    So CdG got a few runs in a totally unrelated format to the CWC...I'm not sure that we have gotten any more answers except he can score runs once every 10-15 innings...it seems like the form threshold for him is extremely low. The public came back to reality re: Sidefart.
    I think the verdict on CDGs inning rests on whether you think he was picking the googly for the first time in his life.
    Paddles says he wasn't but I was unsure of his explanation.

7. Post
    Showed on hot spot a clear mark on Mitchells bat, an absolute shocker of a call to give him out, was basically a double blow as we lost our referral too... when a video umpires decision is that bad it has to be overturned or why the **** have video evidence in the first place ?

India have had amazing support by their fans at the grounds on this tour, but last night in Auck it was unbelievable, every time they moved the camera around the stands most of the crowd were Indian fans, very difficult to spot a NZer in the crowd ... which is probably a good indication about what NZ supporters think of our team at the moment, they can't really be bothered going along to watch.
    Last edited by signman; 9th February 2019 at 10:06 am.

8. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    okay guys, N, oddjob, t_point, indigo, mx, wrighty, black plague and even our new guest PSL that n scared off, I loved your company tonight...

we lost... we all know why... series tied... look forward to you all on Sunday...

thank you for your evenings... loved your company... I really enjoy this forum.
    You too mate, much respect

See you all here on Sunday!

9. Post
    Was listening to Craig Cumming on Radio Sport this morning and he was very critical of NZC and their selections this summer, reiterating what many on here have been saying and that with their selections they have more questions than answers. He said he wished these selectors were around when he played because with Munro there is just no accountability for poor performance; he has played over 50 games and hasn't won us a single ODI and you can't keep picking him waiting for it to happen. Meanwhile, guys who have performed opening the batting for NZA (Rutherford and Worker) against at least 5 of the current Indian squad have had no opportunity. We still have no idea who the best all-rounders are; he thought Neeshams bowling wasn't good enough at the moment. Thought Southee should've played the last two ODIs as the conditions were perfect for him and we need him and Boult firing at the CWC with the new ball. He thought Santner, Sodhi, Ferguson, Southee and Boult were all certainties for the CWC.

edit - oh Paddles, he also said Santner wasn't good enough to bat 7

10. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Santner has completely lost all form and shape to his hitting arcs. He should be number 10 or 11 at the moment.

So far away from his England form, he is rusty!

11. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Agree 100% about Kane's dissension.
    Disagree aboit snicko not being calibrated properly due to speed of sound. Snicko usually works.
    Kane has been so timid and nice his whole captaincy career, people say he's robotic and doesn't show enough emotion. Now he questions a few decisions and he's OTT... lol.

wrighty wrote:
    Santner has completely lost all form and shape to his hitting arcs. He should be number 10 or 11 at the moment.

Problem comes with us rushing him back into his old spot without proof he deserves it. He'd still make my ODI team if batting 11 ahead of Astle and Sodhi but he certainly needs to drop to 8 or lower currently. If we have Henry or Southee in the hut and need hitting, send them in. Santner is not a good starter.

12. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Kane has been so timid and nice his whole captaincy career, people say he's robotic and doesn't show enough emotion. Now he questions a few decisions and he's OTT... lol.

Problem comes with us rushing him back into his old spot without proof he deserves it. He'd still make my ODI team if batting 11 ahead of Astle and Sodhi but he certainly needs to drop to 8 or lower currently. If we have Henry or Southee in the hut and need hitting, send them in. Santner is not a good starter.
    My concern is that his actual ball striking is up the boohai in the moment. In golf you talk about your swing being off.
    Well his cricket batting swing is FUBAR right now.
    And again no coach seems to be working with him on it.

He mishit some goober full tosses last night.

Should be far down the order. Mind you judging by Southee getting clean bowled off a nothing ball at the end, I guess he isn't really being pushed for his number 8 spot.

13. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    My concern is that his actual ball striking is up the boohai in the moment. In golf you talk about your swing being off.
    Well his cricket batting swing is FUBAR right now.
    And again no coach seems to be working with him on it.

He mishit some goober full tosses last night.

Should be far down the order. Mind you judging by Southee getting clean bowled off a nothing ball at the end, I guess he isn't really being pushed for his number 8 spot.
    Dunno, he's played some lovely pulls for six of late - but that's one of the few shots he looks good on. He hit a couple of nice fours yesterday though. Main concern is his cut letting him down... the play-on looks very likely at the moment. Shot selection wasn't great yesterday either, especially so soon after Mitchell got out.

14. Post
    wrighty wrote:

He's not really a big striker of the ball anyway, can hit big at times, but is more of a worker of the ball into gaps for singles, in the 20/20 stuff when we're really looking for the big shots Kuggs & Southee need to come in ahead of him, hope that's the case in the 3rd one.

Got to say Santner looks hilarious batting with his glasses on, looks like super nerd

15. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Was listening to Craig Cumming on Radio Sport this morning and he was very critical of NZC and their selections this summer, reiterating what many on here have been saying and that with their selections they have more questions than answers. He said he wished these selectors were around when he played because with Munro there is just no accountability for poor performance; he has played over 50 games and hasn't won us a single ODI and you can't keep picking him waiting for it to happen. Meanwhile, guys who have performed opening the batting for NZA (Rutherford and Worker) against at least 5 of the current Indian squad have had no opportunity. We still have no idea who the best all-rounders are; he thought Neeshams bowling wasn't good enough at the moment. Thought Southee should've played the last two ODIs as the conditions were perfect for him and we need him and Boult firing at the CWC with the new ball. He thought Santner, Sodhi, Ferguson, Southee and Boult were all certainties for the CWC.

In a 1 Nips 2 Gup 3 KW 4 Bossco 5 Latham 6 Neesham 7 CdG 8 Astle 9 Santa 10 Ferg/Southee 11 Boult - Neesham and CdG only have to get through 10 overs... I agree Neesham's bowling is a problem and a concern, but is batting form is fizzing... I just would be struggling to leave him out if he continues to bat like this...

16. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    In a 1 Nips 2 Gup 3 KW 4 Bossco 5 Latham 6 Neesham 7 CdG 8 Astle 9 Santa 10 Ferg/Southee 11 Boult - Neesham and CdG only have to get through 10 overs... I agree Neesham's bowling is a problem and a concern, but is batting form is fizzing... I just would be struggling to leave him out if he continues to bat like this...
    Yea I agree...swap CdG for your man Bracewell and then you have a well balanced side and less risk with the bowling. Astle would be good enough to bat 7 IMO if we are in the shit - he did use to be an opening batsman until his late teens/20's for Canterbury

17. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    I would play Kuggs for CDG. The uplift in bowling offsets the loss in batting. Ideally Neesham should be a 6th bowler rather than sharing the 5th bowler duties.

My team

Henry, Guptill, Kane. God. Latham, Neesham, CDG, Santner, Kuggs, Astle, Ferguson, Boult

Never Forget Westpac Feb 3rd vs India

After 12 overs they were 4 wickets down and reeling and on the ropes.

We brought on CDG and Neesham and couldn't buy a wicket.

If we bring on Kuggs we can hunt for the 5th and 6th pole.

It is one thing to conceptually have CDG and Neesham as 5th bowler but the problem is that they are also playing the role of our 1st change seamer. Which in a way makes our bowling attack one of the weaker ones in the world.

That said having two spinners is mint.

18. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    I would play Kuggs for CDG. The uplift in bowling offsets the loss in batting. Ideally Neesham should be a 6th bowler rather than sharing the 5th bowler duties.

My team

Henry, Guptill, Kane. God. Latham, Neesham, CDG, Santner, Kuggs, Astle, Ferguson, Boult

Never Forget Westpac Feb 3rd vs India

After 12 overs they were 4 wickets down and reeling and on the ropes.

We brought on CDG and Neesham and couldn't buy a wicket.

If we bring on Kuggs we can hunt for the 5th and 6th pole.

It is one thing to conceptually have CDG and Neesham as 5th bowler but the problem is that they are also playing the role of our 1st change seamer. Which in a way makes our bowling attack one of the weaker ones in the world.

That said having two spinners is mint.
    Yeah - I am really open to replacing CdG with Kuggs... but I don't think its going to happen... and I don't think NZC wants to invite the shiz storm of protest neither... But lets not forget CdG ripping India apart with Boult neither... if there is swing or seam - he's a deadly bowler in all formats, test, odi and t20... but if its flat - he offers nothing...

6 Neesham 7 Astle 8 Kuggs 9 Santner 10 Ferg 11 Boult - I see runs, recoveries, power hitting, and a lot of bowling options for KW...

Good idea Wrighty. I just don't see NZC doing it this Cup. I do see it next year, though. I think NZC has shown their hand, and that Kuggs is part of the future of the team. Which I wanted for him for 3 or 4 years... He has talent...

19. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Yea I agree...swap CdG for your man Bracewell and then you have a well balanced side and less risk with the bowling. Astle would be good enough to bat 7 IMO if we are in the shit - he did use to be an opening batsman until his late teens/20's for Canterbury
    Don't agree on Bracewell in the side at 7 over CdG. He didn't make the squad anyway. I'd be picking Anderson before Bracewell but we know that isn't happening.

Bracewell at 7 scares me just as much as CdG. Let's be honest, Bracewell got some runs in the ODI when the game was all but over, there was zero pressure at that point... he's a bit of a safe pick.

CdG is not a safe pick but man, he's capable of doing more damage than Bracewell... you need some players like this for the WC. I wouldn't underestimate what that knock last night could have done for his confidence. Especially scoring runs off the spinners. Corey is a bit more of that x-factor too that Bracewell doesn't have.

20. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Yeah - I am really open to replacing CdG with Kuggs... but I don't think its going to happen... and I don't think NZC wants to invite the shiz storm of protest neither...
    I know you are right, but your post makes me angry that the PC brigade who don't even follow cricket are having an influence.

21. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Don't agree on Bracewell in the side at 7 over CdG. He didn't make the squad anyway. I'd be picking Anderson before Bracewell but we know that isn't happening.

Bracewell at 7 scares me just as much as CdG. Let's be honest, Bracewell got some runs in the ODI when the game was all but over, there was zero pressure at that point... he's a bit of a safe pick.

CdG is not a safe pick but man, he's capable of doing more damage than Bracewell... you need some players like this for the WC. I wouldn't underestimate what that knock last night could have done for his confidence. Especially scoring runs off the spinners. Corey is a bit more of that x-factor too that Bracewell doesn't have.
    For team balance we need a seam bowling all rounder who can legitimately bowl first change. Doug showed he is not up to opening the bowling against India but could be first change ok.

If we can't have Kuggs then it is either Wheeler or Doug.

And Wheeler can probably never play internationals again or be trusted to after his complete melt down in an T20.

One thing I admire Kuggs for is that in the face of being hit for sixes by two all star batsman (Rohit and Dhawan) he didn't fall over and die.

22. Post
    No way I'd be replacing CdG with Kuggs at this stage either. If you want to play Kuggs then it's for one of the spinners, given we play two.

and yeah, the hounds wouldn't let it go. They never will.

23. Post
    <N> wrote:
    No way I'd be replacing CdG with Kuggs at this stage either. If you want to play Kuggs then it's for one of the spinners, given we play two.

Not sure on this... Not this year I agree... BUt eventually it gets stale... End of the day - he was found not guilty... It will become old hat eventually...

I actually really liked Wrighty's reasoning re the bowling - cos Neesh is such a bad bowler... and CdG is only deadly in swing or seam conditions... if its a swinging day, drop Ferg for Southee. Voila.

Aus, SA, Ind, Eng, Afg, Pak will all have wrist spinners at the cup most likely... CdG - I am not convinced...

6 Neesham 7 Astle 8 Kuggs 9 Santner 10 Ferg 11 Boult - I see runs, recoveries, power hitting, and a lot of bowling options for KW...

24. Post
    <N> wrote:

I know its T20, but when we were in the shit he saved us a few weeks ago?

25. Post
    <N> wrote:

CDG is a batting all rounder who averages 30 and will flatline around there. His bowling is good enough to be a 6th bowler but not to be first change like we used him on Feb 3rd (unless its swinging).

I don't ever again want to wade through a team and have them teeterring at 4 wickets down after 10 overs to then need run outs for break throughs after that.

I want 5 front line bowlers in my side instead of Neesh and CDG sharing the 5th bowling duties. 10 "free no pressure" overs is unacceptable and weakens the synergy of the whole attack.

Can you at least say you know what I am trying to say?

We have to pick a blue print that works for the New Zealand way of cricket. We have always had superb seam bowling stocks ranging back to Hadlee, Sneddon, Morrison, Chatfield, Chris Cairns etc etc. Lets play to our traditional strengths. I think two spinners is mint, but we need a third legit seamer (who can also bat a bit).

Kuggs would be my first choice, but that ship has sailed.

Doug seems like our only slim option although based on him not making the 14 man squad he won't be going to England either. So maybe I am just blowing hot air for no reason.