Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1754

1. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:

I'd do the same at my local, but they can only see me from about nipple height down at the counter because of all the lolly bags they have hanging down in front of it. I literally have to crouch down to see them face to face.
    Does yours have those pieces of wire across the counter like the banks etc do? Mine does

2. Post
    Fell asleep
    How did Tickner go on debut
    How did Kuggs go? His figures looked ok?

3. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Fell asleep
    How did Tickner go on debut
    How did Kuggs go? His figures looked ok?
    Both bowled really well

4. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Does yours have those pieces of wire across the counter like the banks etc do? Mine does
    Nope, I am guessing yours has been robbed before.

5. Post
    There was a fair bit of loose bowling by both teams, great striking of the ball though, not very often that you get such a tight finish in 20/20 with both sides scoring over 200.

Mitchells a very handy all-rounder, really impressed with his yorkers & slower balls, the bloke bowled some very crucial overs to help keep their run rate down.

Video umpire had another shocker, Seifert was going great guns, but was sawn-off at the knees by an awful decision.

Was good to see Kuggs getting one of his deliveries through at about 150. all the new fellas that have had a crack have done very well, shows we have good bowling depth.

6. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Nope, I am guessing yours has been robbed before.
    Yeah it has been haha.

7. Post
    signman wrote:
    Mitchells a very handy all-rounder, really impressed with his yorkers & slower balls, the bloke bowled some very crucial overs to help keep their run rate down.
    Yeah - I was impressed...

signman wrote:
    Was good to see Kuggs getting one of his deliveries through at about 150. all the new fellas that have had a crack have done very well, shows we have good bowling depth.
    I wouldn't go this far. NZC right now has a stack of competent seamers in domestic. Everyone seems to have theiur favourites and there's plenty of high hopes.

But it is a big step up to international. I don't like our depth at all when we still have Henry and Southee in the top squads.
    Last edited by Paddles; 11th February 2019 at 2:34 pm.

8. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    I'm not convinced by Tim. I agree with Biohazard there. Agree with the rest of your points, though.

If NZ had lost I'd be slamming KW for not bowling Mitchell (Darryl) over Tim to be honest...

But we won something over India at last... it's been a while...

I'll be strutting into my dairy this week with swagger...
    Oh, I'm not backing Tim otherwise... he wouldn't make my T20 squad, he's a maybe for ODI's.

He had to fix his own mistakes somewhat last night, but he did... that last over was what I want to see from him at the death.

If we want another Elliot for the WC then Mitchell is 100% the go, but they're set on their team now it seems - barring injury. If Neesham gets injured, I'd straight swap in Mitchell at number 6. Not Bracewell, CDG, Munro, Anderson. A batter who can bowl at the death.

9. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    I wouldn't go this far. NZC right now has a stack of competent seamers in domestic. Everyone seems to have theiur favourites and there's plenty of high hopes.

But it is a big step up to international. I don't like our depth at all when we still have Henry and Southee in the top squads.
    Yeah, it's definitely a big step up to international level where it's so crucial to have a tough mental attitude otherwise you're not going to go too far... said we look to have good bowling depth because all the new pace bowlers made the most of their opportunities against India, have shown really good composure under pressure against one of the best sides in world cricket.

Coaches tend to have favourites, for example Henry, how did he make the squad ahead of a bloke like Bennett ?

10. Post
    signman wrote:

Coaches tend to have favourites, for example Henry, how did he make the squad ahead of a bloke like Bennett ?
    Henry has never let his country down by breaking down in the middle of a test match where NZ only had 4 bowlers and no part timers or all rounders to pick up the slack. Bennet will never be forgiven for his sins.

11. Post
    Henry is not a favourite, if he was he would actually be playing a lot more than he has in recent years. If anything he hasn't been given the chances he deserves either.

12. Post
    signman wrote:
    Uh. His out of this world county cricket form perhaps?

13. Post
    I was hoping this series would be somewhat competitive, but it's looking unlikely.

14. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    I was hoping this series would be somewhat competitive, but it's looking unlikely.
    Don't write them off until the first game, they will be miles better than sri lanka.
    Have a boo at them.

Tamim at some point needs to become consistent.

15. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Don't write them off until the first game, they will be miles better than sri lanka.
    Have a boo at them.

Whoops, I was whoring so much, I posted in the wrong thread lol.

Yeah, I hope so!

16. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Oh, I'm not backing Tim otherwise... he wouldn't make my T20 squad, he's a maybe for ODI's.

He had to fix his own mistakes somewhat last night, but he did... that last over was what I want to see from him at the death.

If we want another Elliot for the WC then Mitchell is 100% the go, but they're set on their team now it seems - barring injury. If Neesham gets injured, I'd straight swap in Mitchell at number 6. Not Bracewell, CDG, Munro, Anderson. A batter who can bowl at the death.
    This all just begs the question of why not play him at 7 now and drop CdG... and have Neesham at 6...

17. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Have a boo at them.

Wow. For the last 2 years, only Kohli has been more consistent.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

The problem is they were already carrying passengers in the top 7...

18. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    This all just begs the question of why not play him at 7 now and drop CdG... and have Neesham at 6...
    Yip, on what I saw last night (and Mitchells death bowling in the Super Smash) his bowling would be an asset to the team - not to mention I feel more confident in his batting than CdG. I just wish these selectors would show some flexibility and at least try them in stead of flogging the same dead wood

19. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Yip, on what I saw last night (and Mitchells death bowling in the Super Smash) his bowling would be an asset to the team - not to mention I feel more confident in his batting than CdG. I just wish these selectors would show some flexibility and at least try them in stead of flogging the same dead wood
    Yeah - its one thing to play for clouds where CdG can finish off Boult's work well, but NZ has been whalloped at the death too often to not be seriously thinking about containment cricket.

20. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Did you not see CdG in the last two T20 matches? He's booked his spot for at least 2 more years in all formats. Truly a match-winner.

Yeah, that's a possibility. I feel like Mitchell could offer more with the ball in most scenarios, not only when it's moving... and I'm pretty certain he'd be more consistent with the bat and a finisher to boot.

21. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Did you not see CdG in the last two T20 matches? He's booked his spot for at least 2 more years in all formats. Truly a match-winner.

Yeah, that's a possibility. I feel like Mitchell could offer more with the ball in most scenarios, not only when it's moving... and I'm pretty certain he'd be more consistent with the bat and a finisher to boot.

The most telling thing was with 210 on the board, KW never bowled him. Not once.

KW didn't even bowl him once in the entire series...

Unfortunately I don't think Mitchell has enough time to persuade the selectors necessarily. But I liked seeing his variations. Every ball was different, and most were executed well...

22. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Yeah - its one thing to play for clouds where CdG can finish off Boult's work well, but NZ has been whalloped at the death too often to not be seriously thinking about containment cricket.
    In one T20 game this year, he bowled his 1st over in the 20th over and did a good job, so its obviously something he does well. Even his slower balls were hard for the Indians to score off. Tickner hit the block hole quite well, and seems to have a good slower short ball. Cumming was saying the other day that Wagner used to be the best yorker bowler in the country before he made the BCs and changed his bowling style.

- - - Updated - - -

<N> wrote:

This would be funny if there weren't quite a lot of truth to the statement

23. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    In one T20 game this year, he bowled his 1st over in the 20th over and did a good job, so its obviously something he does well. Even his slower balls were hard for the Indians to score off.
    He's definitely got a lot of toys.

24. Post
    Can’t be many players going around who do both death batting and death bowling.
    $3 million IPL contract incoming.

In all serious though I was impressed by Mitchell. Glad he finally got a shot.

25. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Cumming was saying the other day that Wagner used to be the best yorker bowler in the country before he made the BCs and changed his bowling style.
    From memory that five wicket over he bowled had like four yorkers in it!