Assassin's Creed 2020 - Roman Empire?

Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
(8 votes)

1. Post

Assassin's Creed 2020 - Roman Empire?

I saw this video today and it inspired me to go back and look up the leaks from 2016 concerning Origins.
    https://www.neogaf.com/threads/4chan...pdate.1165890/
    https://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/01/so...ries-slowdown/

Much of the 4chan leaker's information about Origins was bang on the nose. They even set the next game (Odyssey) in Ancient Greece directly after having one in Ancient Egypt. If they're doing an "ancient trilogy" it would make sense to do the Roman Empire because they can recycle assets from Origins and Odyssey.

I'd heard last year from three different people familiar with goings-on at Ubisoft that the next big Assassin's Creed would be set in ancient Egypt. Since this morning, two other independent sources have contacted me to corroborate that. I heard about the code name Empire from two of those sources. Three of them told me the game would indeed launch in 2017. Months ago, one source told me the game would also take place in ancient Rome, although that may have changed; the 4chan poster says some sections had been removed from the game. ("There are talks about making a trilogy of this same character, so they might explore Greece/Rome next," the poster wrote.)
    Ancient Rome would be an entirely different beast from Renaissance era Italy from the Ezio trilogy, so that'd be great to see.

Hopefully for a truly next gen (PS5) AC we can finally get feudal Japan.

2. Post
    If it is released in December 2020 I might almost be finished Odyssey.

3. Post
    Honestly I'm a bit tired of the ancient era and was never interested in another Rome title even back then.

I think it might be time to finally break the feudal japan emergency glass.

4. Post
    Origins was already somewhat set in the roman empire (well roman republic to be precise). If they do set it in the roman empire and set it in rome itself, then perhaps set it in the 4th century during the early Christian era.

5. Post
    New leaks say that it is indeed a Roman Empire set game.

I'm super keen for more modern AC. I played Odyssey and Origins back to back and loved both.
    Last year, it was officially announced that there will not be an Assassinís Creed main title in 2019. Today, a user on 4Chan reports that the next Assassinís Creed is reportedly called ďLegionĒ, set in Italy in the era of Marcus Aurelius, during the struggles of his son Commodus and the year of five emperors.

According to the rumor, the game is set to feature two protagonists; Cassius or Lucia, who are descendants of the protagonists of Assassinís Creed Odyssey, and itís unclear if the canon is going to work like Syndicate or Odyssey, but itís meant to feature heavy RPG elements and a story for both characters.

The game is being created by Ubisoft Sofia, and is the conclusion to the ďAncient TrilogyĒ and is coming in 2020 on next generation systems. Itís also the most First Civilization-focused game to date.

The main story is more involved in assassins and politics with first civilization and flashbacks to other points in Rome history being secondary.

According to the rumor, Ubisoft wants to make it feel more like assassins creed while feeling like Odyssey to make old and new fans happy. The game map is mainland Italy as well as a small part of Gaul and Germania like Libya in Origins and is set to feature a revised mercenary and cultist system. Big cultists and main story assassinations have those memory things.

Of course, none of the information above is backed by any official source, therefore it remains an unconfirmed rumor.
    http://thecodex.network/legion-rumor/

6. Post
    Well they had to do one in the roman empire, it was a very important period in history (for the west at least).

Wouldn't mind seeing one in ancient japan or china at some point

7. Post

8. Post
    My man Ashraf Ismail is supposedly on this. Day 1 for me, maybe even day zero.

Rumour: Assassin’s Creed Kingdom to be called Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok, first details and screenshots

9. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:

Rumour: Assassinís Creed Kingdom to be called Assassinís Creed Ragnarok, first details and screenshots
    God damn I'm keen for this!

10. Post
    Yea I am keen as a bean for this, Odyssey after GOW.

11. Post
    Nah - that's from the Unity - The blacksmith short film made in the unity engine - i'm running with fake till E3

12. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:

Rumour: Assassin’s Creed Kingdom to be called Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok, first details and screenshots
    They updated the article saying its most likely fake.

13. Post
    I wonder if any info will drop at E3

14. Post
    Assassins Creed Oddesy Colosseum DLC - Battle Royale mode

15. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    Assassins Creed Oddesy Colosseum DLC - Battle Royale mode
    For Honor?