1. Post

Advice on flatting with guns

I am leaving home for various reasons and am looking for advice on flatting with guns in general. I haven't really found anything about whether or not I have to tell anyone about them.

I need to secure them which would require screwing a coach screw into the stud. Is it better to not tell and just plaster over like I was planning on doing. or being up front and presumably have issues finding a place.

Cheers.

2. Post
    Can you not leave them at your folks place, or are you planning on moving far away?

or other option..

3. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Can you not leave them at your folks place, or are you planning on moving far away?

or other option..
    I would if I could. But I have to have security wherever I am living.

We cannot have guns secured in cars. Not legal

4. Post
    Go for it.

Guns make good flatmates.

Don't steal your food, use up all the hot water etc,

5. Post
    I was waiting for that response after reading the thread title.

6. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    Go for it.

Guns make good flatmates.

Don't steal your food, use up all the hot water etc,
    Cheers. Just exactly what I needed to hear

7. Post
    If you're going to secure them properly, with gun safe bolted to the floor/wall, you'll have to at least let the landlord or tenancy holder know.

Tell them before you move in that you have firearms and store them securely. Show them your firearms license and then don't tell them anymore. They don't need to know what you have or how many you have. The less your flatmates know the less they can blab about.

8. Post
    WhangaDan wrote:
    If you're going to secure them properly, with gun safe bolted to the floor/wall, you'll have to at least let the landlord or tenancy holder know.

Tell them before you move in that you have firearms and store them securely. Show them your firearms license and then don't tell them anymore. They don't need to know what you have or how many you have. The less your flatmates know the less they can blab about.
    Cool. That was what I was planning on doing.

I was going to get them to take photos of the holes I need in the studs and then have some sort of agreement with them to get it fixed before I leave.

9. Post
    I chucked a rack up in the roof so it wouldn’t damage the wall...padlocked through the bar that sticks out and also wrap a bike lock around it

10. Post
    My old flatmate just kept it under the bed.

11. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    I chucked a rack up in the roof so it wouldn’t damage the wall...padlocked through the bar that sticks out and also wrap a bike lock around it
    I have thought about that. I will try to do that. Would be much easier to do and get permission for. If I have access to the crawl space I'll definitely do that.

Privoxy wrote:
    My old flatmate just kept it under the bed.
    Your old flatmate had no license. Should have reported him.

12. Post
    I once got passed by having a eyebolt in a stud with a bike chain going through it.

13. Post
    Gordy wrote:
    I once got passed by having a eyebolt in a stud with a bike chain going through it.
    Did you tell your flatmates and landlord? I have a safe that I was going to be screwing into the stud.

14. Post
    Yes

15. Post
    Pxndx wrote:

or other option..
    Im pretty sure you need to keep your firearms at your premises. And notify the arms officer of change of address so as to inspect security.

16. Post
    Gordy wrote:
    Yes
    Cool. I have found a place pretty easily.
    swazi wrote:
    Im pretty sure you need to keep your firearms at your premises. And notify the arms officer of change of address so as to inspect security.
    You only need security for them. You can lend them to a mate if he has the right license and if they're e or b the permits all done.

Notify within one month