Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
(7 votes)
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Metro Exodus

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/metro-exodus
    https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...ro-exodus/home

Out Feb 13th.

My God, this game is looking mouth-watering good. Calling it now, this will be one of the sleeper favourites of 2019 for many.

Last edited by EvaUnit02; 29th January 2019 at 8:45 am.

2. Post
    It's not really a metro game anymore, but it does look more fallouty than beth Fallouts.

3. Post
    After watching IGN's game play video it sort of put me off. It does indeed look too Fallout-y, Where as the original two looked more STALKER-ish.

4. Post
    I haven't played the first two, should i play them before picking this up? I loved STALKER and am kinda gutted this doesn't look similar but I'll take any post apocalyptic rpg I can!

5. Post
    Yeah you should definitely play them especially Last Light.

This looks cool but looks like a lot of it will be set outside during the day. Gonna miss the claustrophobic dark tunnels of the previous games

6. Post
    The books were even more depressing than the games! I could barely play the 1st game as it kept on bugging out on me for some reason.

7. Post
    Well looking forward to this. It's survival/crafting mechanics look hella fun.

8. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    The books were even more depressing than the games! I could barely play the 1st game as it kept on bugging out on me for some reason.
    The first game had all sorts of issues, many around PhysX. Unfortunately turning PhysX off didn't seem to fix anything. Mine crashed a lot too. The Redux is really good, if you didn't finish it first time around play through Metro 2033 again

This new game looks great but I agree with everyone else re: fallout style. Metro to me is underground with dashes across the surface.

9. Post
    Looking good, yeah i like the outside areas, but some underground metro areas would be good to.

10. Post
    Ill be grabbing it for sure, im pretty keen for it, I adored the previous games

11. Post
    *fingers crossed* my 1080ti can run it at 1440p at ultra well. Dont really want to get a 2080ti :/

12. Post
    Denuvo for PC confirmed. So that's a hard pass from me. We've already seen that the shitshow that is Denuvo undeniably adversely affect performance, loadtimes, etc. Which really is the last thing you need when a new extremely technically demanding title hit the platform.

13. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Denuvo for PC confirmed. So that's a hard pass from me. We've already seen that the shitshow that is Denuvo undeniably adversely affect performance, loadtimes, etc. Which really is the last thing you need when a new extremely technically demanding title hit the platform.
    Oh.

Well that's tarnished my want for this game.

14. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Awwwww crap.

Suddenly not so keen now

15. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Oh.

Well that's tarnished my want for this game.
    Err ok, I’ll still enjoy it

If Denovu is such an issue guys, there is a system that plays this game without Denovu, it’s called a PS4

16. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

If Denovu is such an issue guys, there is a system that plays this game without Denovu, it’s called a PS4
    Good for you! Didn't ask. Why would anyone play a FPS on an inferior platform/control scheme if they have a better alternative.
    They've decided that PC players don't deserve to be respected. They don't deserve my money. I could not care less about what you do.

17. Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo

Seems to be in a shitload of titles using it, I never realised how widespread it was (I only remember hearing rabble about its use in certain titles) I wonder if that's responsible for the shitty quit times in various battlefield titles that have had it

18. Post
    ugh ..ok i guess i will pass and wait for no Denovu version. AH well, a real shame , will GoG have no Denovu?

19. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

says the guy with a beast of a pc (in comparison to mine) .

20. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    ugh ..ok i guess i will pass and wait for no Denovu version. AH well, a real shame , will GoG have no Denovu?
    It would not have it, but I've not heard anything about it being on GOG. So I don't think it likely.

21. Post
    Denovu wouldn't stop me from picking this up on PC. Didn't realise how many of the games I own run it.

Hope they don't ruin the metro experience by opening the areas up too much.

22. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    Deep Silver and THQ Nordic games find themselves on GOG eventually.

23. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Deep Silver and THQ Nordic games find themselves on GOG eventually.
    good, i can wait i guess, busy February working month coming

24. Post
    Epic Store exclusive now. Existing Steam preorders will be honoured.
    https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...ro-exodus/home

http://www.metrothegame.com/en-us/ne...-announcement/

25. Post
    Its going to be on steam after a year according to a deep silver bloke, I'll fish out the link

edit

https://www.pcgamer.com/metro-exodus...l-be-honoured/

Update: A later press release we received from Deep Silver explained that the game will return to Steam a year after release. "Metro Exodus will return to Steam and on other store fronts after 14 February 2020."