Metro Exodus

Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
(7 votes)
Page 7 of 7 First ... 4567

1. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Picked it up on PS4 last night.

Feel like reviews have been heavily dismissive of the terrible voice acting and irritatingly exaggerative character animations. At times its like watching a Tommy Wiseau movie.

Characters talk over each other when in a scene and it makes it impossible to follow along. You have no idea if a conversation is finished as a lot of the time it will just waffle and you have no idea if you should stay and listen for important info.

I feel like it should have never been a console release with how gorgeous it looks. I think it's just too ambitious for consoles and you can feel it. There's an abhorrent amount of input lag and from what I can glean through Googling, it's been done on purpose or A4 have leaned into it heavily in an attempt to make the game feel 'heavy' and slow. I don't like it.

Enemy AI feels basic. You can literally just run away and they forget you're a thing when you round a corner. When you find a pack of zombie things the monotonous groaning will drive you insane.

Reviews have usually done a great job in preventing buyers remorse when it comes to games. Haven't regretted a video game purchase in a long time. It sucks. Will persevere.
    So basically all the complaints people are making about Anthem get glossed over for this game? Gotcha.

2. Post
    Its alright mate, next game will have the same issues and people will be super mad about it.

3. Post
    Watching the Jim Sterling review. He's spot on with my experience with it.

I feel like it's not a 1 to 1 movement scale. Like they've gimped the controller mechanics to fake the slowness. I hate it so much.

Hah, he's mirroring exactly what I said about characters speaking over each other, not able to tell which is important and what is waffle.

4. Post
    After playing the rest of the trilogy, I feel you really need to truly embrace the jank with Metro games....much like previous Divinity games prior to DOS2.

5. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Watching the Jim Sterling review. He's spot on with my experience with it..
    Link here.

6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I hope you're wrong as I'll have to buy this game, as a RTX owner you're obliged to.
    But I found far Cry 5 boring as heck so this better be better
    In retrospect I was probably being too harsh. Most people who enjoyed the earlier games enjoy Exodus so if you enjoyed the earlier ones you'll probably enjoy this, even if it's not as tight.

7. Post
    Fantastic game, I loved it, from start, to the bad finish....

I dont know what I am doing wrong, but every single Metro game now, I get the bad ending no matter what I try, start a new game, try and do *everything* right, get bad ending, 3rd new game, use a goddamn walkthrough to see what I need to do, still, the bloody bad ending

I give up, the bad ending was actually fantastic enough as it was, even if I'm deemed not good enough otherwise, I very much enjoyed it all

8. Post
    Didn't know youtube had 8k 60fps videos