Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Went with Plex, what a powerful solution.

Just installed it on my main pc to test, added the tv and ipad.

Can't believe how awesome it is.

Does anyone here use Plex Pass?

2. Post
    Duck wrote:
    Went with Plex, what a powerful solution.

Just installed it on my main pc to test, added the tv and ipad.

Can't believe how awesome it is.

Does anyone here use Plex Pass?
    I do, Such fantastic software felt I had to support.

3. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    NUC with docker, DS1515+ with ~40TB of storage.

Xbox/TV Plex clients for consuming.

For the nerds, here is my docker-compose.yml file.
    Plexguide is a pretty sick project, been using it for over a year now. Might interest you lol

4. Post
    restecp wrote:
    Likewise.

5. Post
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    Plexguide is a pretty sick project, been using it for over a year now. Might interest you lol
    Meh, I'm happy with my compose file

6. Post
    restecp wrote:
    Does this allow me to make plex accounts for devices that don't require me to connect with my gmail?

7. Post
    Duck wrote:
    Does this allow me to make plex accounts for devices that don't require me to connect with my gmail?
    Yes so people create their own account and you effectively allow them access to your content.

This also gives you control over what content you'd like to share.

Plexpass gives anyone that uses a 'home account' the app for free. For anyone you're sharing with they need to pay a one off $6 or so fee to access the app.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

8. Post
    Plexguide must be good as the front page is covered with photos of hot chicks in plexguide t-shirts!

9. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Plexguide must be good as the front page is covered with photos of hot chicks in plexguide t-shirts!
    Thought this as well.

10. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Sign me up

11. Post
    restecp wrote:
    Yep same, picked up a lifetime pass a few years back. Mainly for the offline syncing for long car trips or flights with the kids.

12. Post
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    Hey have you got any 'idiots guides' to this?

After doing some research it looks like this is exactly what I'd need. I'm currently running Plex on My Xpenology (which is also running docker) I am trying to figure out how to deploy this.

The research I have done so far has been quite confusing so hoping to get some guidance on setting this up so any help will be much appreciated.

13. Post
    From memory its like 4 commands. It's basically automatic install these days. You just need to configure the actual settings of plex, sonar, radarr, etc.

The forums has a wiki as well that should have an install guide

14. Post
    A.brdgr wrote:
    I run an HP elitedesk sff (the smallest one without any disc drive, only takes a single 2.5inch drive).
    Has a 4tb drive in it, and boots from a 120gb m.2 SSD.
    Uses roughly 8 watts of power at idle, and not much more when in use.
    I just run Plex on this and it happily streams to 3+ devices.

Also have a usb tv tuner plugged in and can stream tv as well, as well as record etc.

It just sits next to my router, permanently on. I run TeamViewer on it and just log into it from another computer to manage it when I need to.

Highly recommend it, best thing I ever did.
    Did you need an adapter for the m.2? what exact model is that?

15. Post
    Ubuntu server running docker compose and containers as per pic.

Intel NUC / Rasp Pi 3b / Android tablet as plex clients.

Name:  dockers.png
Views: 134
Size:  17.6 KB

Edit: plex guide looks interesting, does it setup plex, docker, reverse proxy, and all the relevant containers automatically for you?
    Last edited by kiwijunglist; 19th February 2019 at 5:34 pm.

16. Post
    Basically yes. It does require some configuration obviously but its for the most part automated

17. Post
    ...so does my docker-compose file without all the crap

`docker-compose up -d` and you're done.

18. Post
    yeah but does it make you toast for breakfast?

19. Post
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    yeah but does it make you toast for breakfast?
    Yes, yes in fact it does.

In all honesty, what I prefer about the docker-compose route is I know exactly what it's done... there isn't any magic happening behind scripts written by kiddies in their bedrooms.

20. Post
    I'm in between I use something called dockstarter which sets up a docker compose and has a few small scripts for backing up dockers and changing ownership of directories, but in the most part is very much setup with exactly what I want via the compose function.