Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Have you tried pushing the poo back up?

2. Post
    I frequently have angel wipes these days. Good times.

3. Post
    Whats this wet wipes, never use those, suppose the occasional splash back wets that area, but it doesn't always hit the crack.

4. Post
    Wet wipes are great, like a refresher towel for the rusty sheriff's badge. Too much admin though, like others have said you don't want to flush 'em.

5. Post
    I don't have a back if that helps. It goes from feet - legs - ass - head.

but srs, I had debilitating lower back pain for a year or two. Maybe strength your back so it's easier for your joints. All the best.

6. Post
    s1mon wrote:
    i came out of a rugby tackle about 4 years ago with a prickly numb arm and had to have a fusion done in my neck,
    the nerve never healed and i have permanent damage down my neck shoulder and left arm
    no motor control of my scapula, arm weighs a tonne, constant pain, constant distraction acknowledging that pain, mood swings, temper, fatigue, alcoholism in the early days.
    having an active lifestyle ripped out from under my feet played a huge toll on my mental state, needed prof help to get through.

you'll be alright.
    Yeah the mental health side of things really seems to be neglected/ignored. I know you didn't ask for solutions but seriously don't just ignore that stuff and let it build up.

And that's a great cake!

7. Post
    its cool that your 40th birthday party was a lan party tho

8. Post
    Is this a thinly veiled "it's my birthday" thread?

9. Post
    I tweaked my back years ago and struggled ever since. Iíd get up in the morning and have to sit on the edge of the bed for 10mims trying to straighten up before I could stand.

We went on vacation and I noticed after a couple of nights the back pain had gone. So when we got home I brought a new matress and not kidding, within a week no more pain.

10. Post
    Have a garden hose in the toilet. That way you can waterblast your crack if you can't reach due to pain.

Puk wrote:
    We went on vacation and I noticed after a couple of nights the back pain had gone. So when we got home I brought a new matress and not kidding, within a week no more pain.
    A good bed/mattress is vastly underrated.

11. Post
    Yo...thinly veilded bday thread - that got a laugh from me thanks w0lfbrains.

Thanks for all the suggestions that I didn't want lol. FYI...have tried all the things. The most helpful are physio/pilates which I am still doing. Strenthening, stretch, football, surfing, good seats, good bed, buying a volvo purely for decent car seats - all big wins for me.

Chiros, Osteos, had limited success.

Looking after my headspace super important. Had to change carreers so I had less stress and could earn more money in less time as I can only work half of most days with energy levels. I hear ya s1mon, and man the booze is so helpful for the immidiate relief...not really ideal long term though.

New bed and car were massive immidiate changes though. Expensive though for the average pleb to have to fork out on.

A photo from my 30th for good measure. #tenyearsorsomethinglikethat

Spoiler:

12. Post
    Its good you've got a good physio, an awesome yoga teacher is priceless as well.

Check this guy out also, absolute guru on physiology:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoAj6frTsSs

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ility+wod+back

13. Post
    Time for a brain transplant?

14. Post
    trackers wrote:
    Its good you've got a good physio, an awesome yoga teacher is priceless as well.

Check this guy out also, absolute guru on physiology:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoAj6frTsSs

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ility+wod+back
    My physio is also a pilates guru...she's awesome. She annoyingly makes me do all the work, but it seems more effective than just treating my symptoms.

teelo7 wrote:
    Time for a brain transplant?
    Yes - haha!

15. Post
    Chiropractors are nothing but charlatans

16. Post
    Puk wrote:
    I tweaked my back years ago and struggled ever since. I’d get up in the morning and have to sit on the edge of the bed for 10mims trying to straighten up before I could stand.

Another explanation is that it was just a consequence. Your body just so happened to heal your back when you went on vacation. Do you work for the mattress industry? But just because you may work for the mattress industry doesn't mean you aren't faithful. Anyhow, I'm guessing that bad and good mattresses do exist, which probably affect one's back health. Technically I cannot take your word for it, I must appeal to data because data can unequivocally tell me what's right and what's wrong.

17. Post

18. Post
    Had mild pain for a few years - went to Chiro but I really don't think it helped much. Wasn't constant, but if I tried to do a bit of work eg clean more than 1 car I would be paying for it for the rest of the day.

Got a firm mattress and the problems disappeared within a few days. Said goodbye to the Chiro months ago, although I still use a posture correction thingy they sold me.

It can still act up first thing in the morning if I sit to put my socks on immediately after getting up, yet if I simply bend to do it everything is fine. WTF? Oddly enough, taking a dump after getting up really sucks - pain comes from sitting on the loo and the only solution is to stand up immediately. Doesn't always work out well LOL. Never thought I'd find a back pain / pooping thread to share that in but here we are.

19. Post
    Anroid wrote:
    Another explanation is that it was just a consequence. Your body just so happened to heal your back when you went on vacation. Do you work for the mattress industry?
    Ha no I donít. Had the back pain for 6 years prior. First vacation and in a few days the pain was pretty much gone. Came back and the very next morning the pain was back and got worse over the next few weeks. Replaced the matress and gone in a few days. Just my 2c.

20. Post
    BorgWarner wrote:
    Had mild pain for a few years - went to Chiro but I really don't think it helped much. Wasn't constant, but if I tried to do a bit of work eg clean more than 1 car I would be paying for it for the rest of the day.

Got a firm mattress and the problems disappeared within a few days. Said goodbye to the Chiro months ago, although I still use a posture correction thingy they sold me.

It can still act up first thing in the morning if I sit to put my socks on immediately after getting up, yet if I simply bend to do it everything is fine. WTF? Oddly enough, taking a dump after getting up really sucks - pain comes from sitting on the loo and the only solution is to stand up immediately. Doesn't always work out well LOL. Never thought I'd find a back pain / pooping thread to share that in but here we are.
    Yussssss! I knew I wasn't the only one. At least it get's a chuckle from people when they ask how you hurt your back...

You injury sounds very similar to my dodgy L4/L5 discs that are prematurely aged from my car accident. I can totally relate to the mattress issue and the socks. Putting pants on in the morning or shoes on are two 'dangerous' activities I have to be careful with.

21. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Back op.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	796.9 KB 
ID:	224822

Had a few rods and screws inserted 2 years ago here in Osaka, as long as you keep exercising i.e. moving it has been a pretty good result. you do feel restricted in movement but all in all there is no more pain.

22. Post
    Oldtime boy wrote:

Had a few rods and screws inserted 2 years ago here in Osaka, as long as you keep exercising i.e. moving it has been a pretty good result. you do feel restricted in movement but all in all there is no more pain.
    That's a terrifying xray, but the pain free bit is rather enticing! If I got my back all bolted up, you reckon I could still go play footy?

23. Post
    Oldtime boy wrote:

24. Post
    krashersmasher wrote:
    That's a terrifying xray, but the pain free bit is rather enticing! If I got my back all bolted up, you reckon I could still go play footy?
    Was told most sports are fine barring any contact one, so definitely it will be the end of your rugby career. It is quite a risky operation in that there is potential for the spine to fail at other points higher up. This is because they are under more stresses than they usually would be as the lowest joint which has been fastened no longer absorbs the shocks. There was an older chap in the ward with 2/3 of his back fused with rods, he was still up and about but his movement was greatly restricted. So you really need to keep your exercise routine going so you can keep going.