Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    SheepShagger556 wrote:
    They are just finishing up laying Fibre in my area, I live rural and down a private road, I hope to god I can get all the signatures to agree to fibre.
    A seedy BJ behind the shed will persuade most.

2. Post
    SheepShagger556 wrote:
    They are just finishing up laying Fibre in my area, I live rural and down a private road, I hope to god I can get all the signatures to agree to fibre.
    Learn from my mistake and if you plan on door knocking, take the consent form with you and get them to sign it on the spot so you can scan and send them all in together.
    I did the door knocking and everyone was keen, but stupidly I relied on them to send in the form. Sadly one person didn't. Told by Spark it was a no go. So did the above and got all the signatures and emailed them off. Too little too late and had to reapply.
    To add salt to the wound.. originally it was a Category 3 install which required everyone to send in their consent. With the new application they changed it to a Category 2 install which meant no one had to do anything if they wanted it go ahead. WTF.
    So now It's been 8 months since I originally applied and 2 months now since they said they will finally go ahead. The waiting game continues.
    Best of luck

3. Post
    I had permission from my landlord - I just sent off the form online, they never followed up with a paper form wanting his signature. Workers showed up a few weeks later and did the install.

4. Post
    Still waiting for them to install fibre

5. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    I had permission from my landlord - I just sent off the form online, they never followed up with a paper form wanting his signature. Workers showed up a few weeks later and did the install.
    They've changed the consent process. So basically to anyone who gets the letter saying there's going to be a fibre install they can object no forms etc.. needed. I'm currently waiting on my isp to rescope my place today (if it happens) and then next week they'll install the ONT.

6. Post
    Rom wrote:
    Learn from my mistake and if you plan on door knocking, take the consent form with you and get them to sign it on the spot so you can scan and send them all in together.
    I did the door knocking and everyone was keen, but stupidly I relied on them to send in the form. Sadly one person didn't. Told by Spark it was a no go. So did the above and got all the signatures and emailed them off. Too little too late and had to reapply.
    To add salt to the wound.. originally it was a Category 3 install which required everyone to send in their consent. With the new application they changed it to a Category 2 install which meant no one had to do anything if they wanted it go ahead. WTF.
    So now It's been 8 months since I originally applied and 2 months now since they said they will finally go ahead. The waiting game continues.
    Best of luck
    It can be painful, took over a year here to get it done

7. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    They've changed the consent process. So basically to anyone who gets the letter saying there's going to be a fibre install they can object no forms etc.. needed. I'm currently waiting on my isp to rescope my place today (if it happens) and then next week they'll install the ONT.
    Looks like no one came at all yesterday so next week will prolly be the install.

8. Post
    Still waiting on my scoping appointment now finally past the consent phase.
    Wondering if anyone has this new ONT yet?

9. Post
    anyone ever had their ONT moved? Wanting an estimate on how much it'd cost to move one

10. Post
    Moved mine 2 weeks ago. $150 standard charge.

11. Post
    Equity wrote:
    Moved mine 2 weeks ago. $150 standard charge.
    Thanks mate, you a legend

12. Post
    Got my install a few weeks back; is some old looking unit.

13. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Got my install a few weeks back; is some old looking unit.
    Same.
    Its a slow rollout of the new ones..think Welly is May.