Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Birds of Prey is a pile of Bird shit from the sounds of it.
    I've only heard positive initial reviews? (though I never really trust these) Where are the bad ones?

2. Post
    Look through you tube you'll find them, but of course they could be wrong..
    Last edited by |[email protected]|; 6th February 2020 at 10:02 pm.

3. Post
    It's all subjective, I suppose - either way, initial buzz seems (overall) positive. A few YouTubing neckbeards won't change that.

4. Post
    Figured at least one person would have seen it today ...

5. Post
    It is currently sitting on 90% on RT from 90 critic reviews and is supposed to be way better than Suicide Squad, though that is a pretty low bar, so you'd hope so.

6. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    It is currently sitting on 90% on RT from 90 critic reviews and is supposed to be way better than Suicide Squad, though that is a pretty low bar, so you'd hope so.
    Critics aren't to be trusted, I'm way more interested in real people's reviews. If it's better then Suicide Squad to be honest i'd be shocked, based on the trailers and likely go see it next week.
    I personally hope it's better than Suicide Squad, however if it is DC need to fire their entire trailer / advertisement division as they couldn't have made it seem any worse (far worse than the Suicide Squad trailers).

7. Post
    Wasn't to bad, but it seem like they were jumping around the time line and added a bunch of filler to make it longer.

Harley Quinn and the African lady were awesome. The Hunteress was so forced and was an awful actor.

Some of the fight scenes were pretty bad. Like this random cop that had been dealt to a few times all of a sudden being able to punch a 100+ kg guy and send him flying lol.

I recommend you go in with low expectations and you will be fine.

8. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    same critics who panned Joker ie Billion dollar club inductee . Been told it is a mixed bag, heavy narrative tone , decent action and visuals, good performances by Margot Robbie and MLW etc but poor script and direction. eh i will give it a pass, seems not aimed at me.

9. Post
    My SIL saw it, reckoned the story wasn't there, did not recommend.

10. Post
    I'm passing. They took bad ass ninja assassin Batgirl, Cassandra Cain and turned her into some goofy looking girl. Talk about betrayal.

Name:  EQSu-1tVUAEshi_.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  74.5 KB

11. Post
    I enjoyed it. Action was a highlight, but thats not surprising as it was Chad Stahelski and 87eleven helping out, so it had the John Wick brutal impact appeal. Humor was good. Plot is all over the show, but honestly, that's probably not what the average person would care that much about (if they were going to see it - as Eva's image attests to, box office hasn't been amazing). I don't know what the person earlier had about Huntress, she's playing social awkward intentionally because of the character's background. I thought her and McGregor's take on Black Mask were the standouts. And Margot was still awesome as Quinn. Everyone else was fine.

12. Post
    Holy shit they changed the title to Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey cause of the poor box office lol.

https://comicbook.com/dc/amp/2020/02...mpression=true

13. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Holy shit they changed the title to Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey cause of the poor box office lol.

https://comicbook.com/dc/amp/2020/02...mpression=true
    lmao should've just called it Harley Quinn in the first place lol. What a fail.

14. Post
    Yeah, I remember when the title was announced I read a few articles saying something like Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey would have been a better choice because the one they went with was far too long and Quinn was the name appeal.

Makes sense too when thinking about cinema displays. They never can display the whole name of the films if they're too long, so just having something like "Birds of Prey: The Fantab...." probably didn't help.

15. Post
    6/10 ,

plot was average, acting was average except Margot Robbie,

cinematography, special effects etc drop off around half way.