1. Post

Fast and Furious 9 [2020]

Its a big year for the Fast and Furious franchise. Universal just wrapped production on its first spin off Fast and Furious presents: Hobbs and Shaw starring Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham and Idris Elba directed by David Leitch (Deadpool 2, John Wick, Atomic Blonde ) which debuts in August. And are now gearing up for production on the 9th film in the main franchise which is set for April 2020 with the 10th film set for the following year in April 2021. Justin Lin is set to direct both Fast 9 and Fast 10.

We know at least one character wont be appearing in Fast 9. The rock confirmed he probably wont star in Fast 9 but could appear in Fast 10.

“The plan has always been for the Fast and Furious universe to grow and expand. As of now, we’re not in Fast 9 because they’re getting ready to start shooting. But who knows with Fast 10 and down the road, you never know. Because look, at the end of the day, the truth is, there’s unfinished business between Hobbs and Dom. It’s unfinished.”
    http://collider.com/dwayne-johnson-fast-and-furious-9/

Diesel also confirmed that he is currently at work on 3 new spin offs. One of which will star mostly female characters from the franchise.

http://collider.com/fast-and-furious...cial#gal-gadot

2. Post
    Will this shit ever end?

3. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Will this shit ever end?
    As of now Fast 10 will be the last but the franchise will keep going through spin-offs.

4. Post
    Fast10 Your Seatbelts could now potentially be happening. I hope they do it. In space. Not even kidding.

5. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Will this shit ever end?
    Why? People enjoy them, they are consistently getting better and making more money.

6. Post
    jords wrote:
    Why? People enjoy them, they are consistently getting better and making more money.
    The first 3 were decent but went downhill from there. Was better when it was mainly about the cars & racing. Now its just mindless rubbish. Of course it will make money, the mindless masses will lap it up. I almost fell asleep trying to watch the last 2 lol (wouldn't have even bothered watching them if it wasn't for my daughter)

7. Post
    "The mindless masses"

*groan*

8. Post
    I liked it more when it had a bit more of a plot than just racing ricer cars.

9. Post
    It takes more than big explosions & ridiculous, impossible stunts & set pieces to impress me. The movies are just brainless & stupid & I find them boring. Pretty sure Vin Diesel's character is immortal at this point as well.

10. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    It takes more than big explosions & ridiculous, impossible stunts & set pieces to impress me. The movies are just brainless & stupid & I find them boring. Pretty sure Vin Diesel's character is immortal at this point as well.
    imagine that an Action movie where the hero cant be killed.

11. Post
    Toolman wrote:
    imagine that an Action movie where the hero cant be killed.
    Well obviously he's not gonna die but he could at least get hurt once in a while. I remember in one of the movies he got shot in the back or something & shortly after he was acting like it never happened. I hate it in movies where the protagonist is a normal human & is walking through a hail of bullets & explosions & never even gets a scratch

12. Post
    jords wrote:
    ahahahaha

They're garbage. Purely for the mindless masses as mentioned.

Much like Transformers. All explosions and no substance.

13. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    ahahahaha

They're garbage. Purely for the mindless masses as mentioned.

Much like Transformers. All explosions and no substance.

14. Post
    Imagine trying to be a movie snob when you watch comic book movies lol

15. Post
    lol theres no comparison. Most comic book movies actually have a decent storyline & characters instead of generic unimaginative storylines & cardboard cutout characters

16. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Most comic book movies actually have a decent storyline
    lol

17. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    lol
    Imagine having to cut a comment in half to pretend to have a point.

lol

18. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    Imagine having to cut a comment in half to pretend to have a point.

lol
    .......why wouldn't you? Comic book films barely have storylines. Thus I found that part of his post funny. So I edited it, seems pretty logical to me.

19. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    .......why wouldn't you? Comic book films barely have storylines. Thus I found that part of his post funny. So I edited it, seems pretty logical to me.
    But you cut out the other half about the characters which was half of the point. Some comic book movies have great characters and stories. The Dark Knight series? Deadpool?

Slightly off topic anyhow. Fast and Furious has been mindless dogshit since the F&F1 credits rolled. 2 & 3 were bearable. The rest is mindless garbage.

20. Post
    Imagine not having to watch a movie and still moaning.

21. Post
    Often when they are looking to continually out do the last movie (rather then tell a different story etc) they start to over use CGI and I usually bail out. Maybe if the characters or story can be enough to overcome the hollow feeling of CGI-fests but generally I don't find them very engaging - I would be happy to be surprised though.
    Last edited by Monolith; 7th February 2019 at 11:02 am. Reason: correcting the grammar

22. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    But you cut out the other half about the characters which was half of the point. Some comic book movies have great characters and stories. The Dark Knight series? Deadpool?

Slightly off topic anyhow. Fast and Furious has been mindless dogshit since the F&F1 credits rolled. 2 & 3 were bearable. The rest is mindless garbage.
    He said most, not some. Hence my comment.

These films are mindless but that is the fun of them. They are stupid but entertaining. Realism ain't their thing.

Switch your brain off and enjoy.

23. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    The first 3 were decent but went downhill from there.
    They were OK at the time bro, but they have not aged well, I mean like ultra cringey!!

I enjoyed 5 the best, haven't got through any of the latest ones in one sitting since

24. Post
    Yeah first 3 were decent for their time but are pretty cringey to watch now like you said. Thats pretty much when the whole tuner/boy racer scene starting blowing up here which is why they were so popular.
    I'll give you 5 as well. That was definitely the best out of all the more action oriented f&f movies