Air NZ 'rap' safety video scrapped

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Trans-man, wears lippy in the rap video. Alright. Most of the transmen I know grow beards and shit. From his voice I presume he's not taking testosterone. Hence my confusion - lipstick plus feminine voice.
    This pretty much sums up the state of rap & rappers these days.

2. Post
    Air New Zealand should get Eminem to rap their safety video, we can spend 3 minutes listening to a constant censor bleep.

3. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Apparently there's a petition to get Leigh Hart for the next safety video. I'd be on board with that lol

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/communit...VBgJEv6kdUbEjM
    Get the entire acc to do the video

4. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    They're testing for explosives, not drugs. You look like a terrorist.
    Lmao. Ok but still, I always get stopped. I also got stopped in Amsterdam for drug test. Just because I hail Satan doesn't mean I'm a bad person.

The rap was on my flight, was embarrassing to watch.

5. Post
    I got stopped in Sydney for an explosives scan after they confiscated my toothpaste. It was a bit of a worry, even though I knew I was totally legal tegal.

6. Post
    The first time I got swabbed I thought they were swabbing for drugs, and I was legit concerned that it would escalate to a cavity search because I was using my (almost certainly soaked in opioid residue) work bag

7. Post
    IMO the best was the Sports Illustrated one. That had my attention.

8. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Air New Zealand should get Eminem to rap their safety video, we can spend 3 minutes listening to a constant censor bleep.
    I think the National Party may have ruined this

9. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Pretty sure he purchased the jet because he was kicked off an Air NZ flight.
    He got kicked off because he wouldn't watch the safety briefing.

Like he hadn't seen it more times than a lifetime politician..

10. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Hard to believe that white dude is an actual rapper lol
    The fat little Maori guy was in a movie with Sam Neil a while back.

11. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Trans-man, wears lippy in the rap video. Alright. Most of the transmen I know grow beards and shit. From his voice I presume he's not taking testosterone. Hence my confusion - lipstick plus feminine voice.

And I'm definitely an old fuddy-duddy who pays no attention to rap stars, rising or Kiwi or otherwise. So long as they stay off my damn lawn, I'm happy.
    you aren't confused they are female no matter what they say the are

and these people aren't rap stars, especially after that video

12. Post
    stacrafty wrote:
    what if I told you its not a girl
    When I had the misfortune to see this on the tiny in-flight screen I thought it was a young teenage boy. Figured it must just be some TV celebrity I've never heard of. I'm actually more shocked to learn that they(?) are actually a professional musician to some degree

**** knows who the other buffoon is "rapping" in the video.

13. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    The videos are pointless, everyone will die if the plane crashes.
    Not necessarily. Sometimes they blow a tire and end up off the back of the runway or land relatively safely in the Hudson river.

KevinL wrote:
    The first time I got swabbed I thought they were swabbing for drugs, and I was legit concerned that it would escalate to a cavity search because I was using my (almost certainly soaked in opioid residue) work bag
    I think those swab machines test for heaps of shit, not only bombs or drugs. I have no problem with the swabbing, it's pulling all my clothes out and not re-packing them properly that's the biggest inconvenience.

You would have a reasonable excuse for the opiate soaked work bag. Bomb residue soaked, not so much.

14. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Not necessarily. Sometimes they blow a tire and end up off the back of the runway or land relatively safely in the Hudson river.

I think those swab machines test for heaps of shit, not only bombs or drugs. I have no problem with the swabbing, it's pulling all my clothes out and not re-packing them properly that's the biggest inconvenience.

You would have a reasonable excuse for the opiate soaked work bag. Bomb residue soaked, not so much.
    Nah they only test for explosives.

Testing for drugs requires different swabs

15. Post
    Oh they're trans. That's why people are pretending he/she is talented.

What an embarrassment.

16. Post
    stacrafty wrote:
    What if I told you that's completely and utterly irrelevant to the subject of the thread.

Much like my gender, or your gender. No one cares what our genders are. I don't care what her gender is.

The video was awful, and she's a terrible rapper.

17. Post
    stacrafty wrote:
    Now that I think about it, it's actually quite discriminatory to think that her gender being different could make a difference to the quality of the video.

You should reconsider your bigotry in the future, no person, whether man, woman or anything in between, should have a limit imposed to how terrible they are at rapping.

18. Post
    How the **** did people manage to watch 4 minutes of that?

19. Post
    Shouldn't be hard to just call someone by what they want

Anyway anyone seen the thing air nz put out asking for a new safety video planner

20. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    How the **** did people manage to watch 4 minutes of that?
    Sitting on a plane, you don't have a choice.

21. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    What if I told you that's completely and utterly irrelevant to the subject of the thread.

Much like my gender, or your gender. No one cares what our genders are. I don't care what her gender is.

The video was awful, and she's a terrible rapper.
    But some people do care about their gender, or lack there of and demand that society caters to all their wants. Society would be a lot easier if we all didn't care.

22. Post
    I didn't read this thread properly before I saw the video, but rap talent aside I 100% just thought it was a tomboy girl. The voice isn't particularly manly, I probably have a manlier voice.

23. Post
    Wait I just realised, are you guys saying it's a woman to man trans? I am confused.

E- don't mind me, I just read the article.

24. Post
    TECHNOVIKING wrote:
    Wait I just realised, are you guys saying it's a woman to man trans? I am confused.

E- don't mind me, I just read the article.
    Not as confused as him/her/they/thy

25. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    But some people do care about their gender, or lack there of and demand that society caters to all their wants. Society would be a lot easier if we all didn't care.
    They may do and I care about cats but until now haven't brought them up because it has no relevance to the subject. It's like someone posting that they're vegan. They care that they're vegan, but it doesn't matter when discussing how they made a shitty video that's not about diet.

True acceptance is not openly recognising people's differences, but allowing people to have and practise their differences without recognition that they differ.