1. Post

Vincent Lambert finally allowed to rest 10 years after car accident

Thought this was quite sad. Vincent Lambert asked to be allowed to die if he ever faced a situation that would leave him in a vegetative state. When he got into a car accident he was left in a vegetative state, but his parents opposed the decision to let him die. His wife fought for his decision to be respected. European court of human rights has finally validated the decision to let him die by not feeding him. 10 years after his accident.

https://www.lemonde.fr/sante/article...3_1651302.html

2. Post
    10 years? That is ****ed up.

3. Post
    let him die by not feeding him
    dafuq

4. Post
    Parents didn't pay for it obviously.

I don't think that would happen here.

5. Post
    I thought it was how most really sick people in hospital died? Like really sick cancer patients. They end up on so much pain killer that they just sleep and don’t eat/drink and basically starve to death quietly. Might be wrong though.

6. Post
    I wonder if he dropped any good loot ?

7. Post

8. Post
    It's really just a type of selfishness keeping a family member on a ventilator for an extended period when they're obviously ****ed. It's just to make the alive people feel better at the expense of the person who's 90% dead. Same with keeping a 20 year old dog alive when they're obviously miserable.

gneiss wrote:
    I thought it was how most really sick people in hospital died? Like really sick cancer patients. They end up on so much pain killer that they just sleep and don’t eat/drink and basically starve to death quietly. Might be wrong though.
    Maybe that's often true but my experience is just laboured breathing and then no breathing :/

9. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    I thought it was how most really sick people in hospital died? Like really sick cancer patients. They end up on so much pain killer that they just sleep and donít eat/drink and basically starve to death quietly. Might be wrong though.
    Anecdotally from a nurse there are sympathetic doctors who give you a bit too much morphine if you ask nicely. Of course, you have to be able to ask...

Relevant?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geor...alth_and_death

Dawson, who supported the "gentle growth of euthanasia", admitted in the diary that he hastened the King's death by injecting him, after 11.00 p.m., with two consecutive lethal injections: 3/4 gr. morphine followed by 1 gr. cocaine shortly afterwards. Dawson wrote that he acted to preserve the King's dignity, to prevent further strain on the family, and so that the King's death at 11:55 p.m. could be announced in the morning edition of The Times newspaper rather than "less appropriate ... evening journals"
    His last words were "God damn you"

10. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    His last words were "God damn you"
    His last words were "I like where this is going"

11. Post
    TBH, I'd have asked for the cocaine first, then the morphine later as a gentle comedown. I mean, you're the King, who's going to say no.

12. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    TBH, I'd have asked for the cocaine first, then the morphine later as a gentle comedown. I mean, you're the King, who's going to say no.
    You gotta manage your buzz.

I don't really know but I assume a cocaine overdose would be messier and more heart attack riddled than the atrophied and eventually arrested breathing of a morphine OD.