1. Post

Do Jetstar check ID domestically on jet flights?

My friend has a ticket from Auckland to Queenstown and back and wants to swap it with someone else, as he can't go.
    Does the GP hive mind know whether they check your ID at any point?

I see ID is required if flying domestically from an international terminal, but our flights aren't.
    (Yes I realise it's a breach of their ToS)

2. Post
    Nah, she'll be right.

3. Post
    In the several 100 domestic flights I have done in the last ~8 years, I have only once been asked for ID at check-in and that was with Air NZ when they did $1 Grabaseats daily and people were giving them away so they were ID checking as I was flying on a $1 fare....the agent said they had some of their frequent flyers who had earned free Koru pinged and their accounts closed as a result of being caught

4. Post
    GaR wrote:
    Nah, she'll be right.
    I'd recommend being the same gender, but otherwise this ^

5. Post
    Yeah, my wife and I have both routinely been ID'd flying Jetstar, even to the point where they were going to stop her flying because her drivers licence listed her maiden name and her tickets were booked with her married name..... I can tell you I fired a rocket at them about that one.

6. Post
    I would think you would be fine as long as you avoid the check in counter. Just turn up to the gate with your self-printed boarding pass...

7. Post
    Hard to say. Auckland to Blenheim or Nelson is fine, there's more scrutiny flying Auckland to Wellington, maybe it's the same for Queenstown as your destination airport is an international one?

8. Post
    Its not without risk but I imagine the worst that would happen is you'd be banned from Jetstar and Qantas (potentially for life). If it was Air NZ it might not be worth it, but Jetstar, who cares..

I'm like Indigo, done many dozen domestic flights over my life and the only time I was ID'd was my very first flight on Qantas as a 16 year old.

9. Post
    bmt wrote:
    Its not without risk but I imagine the worst that would happen is you'd be banned from Jetstar and Qantas (potentially for life). If it was Air NZ it might not be worth it, but Jetstar, who cares..

I'm like Indigo, done many dozen domestic flights over my life and the only time I was ID'd was my very first flight on Qantas as a 16 year old.
    And they'd only be able to ban if they knew his true identity, which obviously you wouldn't divulge.

The original ticket holder they probably could though.

10. Post
    I flew jetstar queenstown to auckland last week and got id'd at check in!

11. Post
    They've always asked for ID for all the passengers at the gate whenever I've flown Jetstar Wellington to Auckland.

12. Post
    Only time I've been ID checked flying Wellington to Auckland on Jetstar was the time I stupidly mixed up the times and ended up missing the flight (had the return flight time in my head for some reason) and had to rebook onto the next one. I expect you'd be fine if the same gender and not checking in bags but of course no guarantees.

13. Post
    Friends don't let friends fly jetstar.

14. Post
    The ladies ahead of me were asked for ID when I flew last weekend. Even heard the girl explain that people are selling their cheap tickets on trademe etc. I was concerned as I wasn't carrying ID but no prob. Might be demographically selected *shrug*