Page 1 of 18 123411 ... Last

1. Post

Apex Legends

A new Titanfall spinoff is in the works, and itíll be out sooner than anyone could possibly guess. In fact, internet rumors (and word from our own sources) suggests that itíll be out this Monday.The game isnít officially announced just yet, but word leaked out this morning thanks to esports journalist Rod Breslau.

As Breslau reported today,itís called Apex Legends and will be out on Monday for PC, Xbox, and PS4. Itís a free-to-play battle royale that, interestingly, wonít let you use the Titan mech suits that make Titanfall so iconic. Youíll have supernatural MOBA-like hero abilities and play either solo or in a team of three as you battle other players for delicious chicken dinners.

Expect Apex Legends to be announced very soon, perhaps tomorrow at the Super Bowl or on Monday as a not-so-much-of-a-surprise reveal. This will be the first of two games Respawn has planned for this year, in addition to Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, which is slated to come out in the fall.

https://kotaku.com/a-free-to-play-ti...832291956?IR=T

2. Post
    Titanfall 2 had the best movement out of any FPS I can think of, this could be interesting.

I always preferred being the pilot and skating across the maps in PvP anyways, Superbowl reveal incoming perhaps...remember, people thought Fornite was going to bomba at the start too..

3. Post
    Kinda sucks that you won't be mech fighting that was the best parts of TF and TF2.

4. Post
    Confirmed by respawn presumably what will be the launch stream is tomorrow

https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/st...24787928080385

5. Post
    I was just thinking of a BR environment where occasionally you see mechs dropping from the sky...**** that would have been dope lol.

This is cool though, Respawn have earned my trust with Titanfall 1+2 (2 had one of the best FPS campaigns ever and amazing MP), so this could very well be a major player in the days to come, I'll play it on release 100%.

Plus Vince Zampella is a hearty guy who speaks his mind...so that's cool also.

6. Post
    If this means we can get titanfall 3 with another killer sp campaign then so be it.

7. Post
    CEO dude on twitter wrote:
    I want to clarify, 8am pst starts the @PlayApex teaser stream. Itís super cool, but it leads up to the full reveal of everything at noon. So you probably donít have to call in sick, just fake food poisoning at lunch and go home early
    https://www.twitch.tv/playapex

8. Post
    Available to download now

9. Post
    Sweet keen to try out a new BR game. Not sure if I'll be a fan of the "supernatural MOBA-like hero abilities" though, but I guess they have to differentiate themselves from the other BR games.

10. Post
    I'll give it a punt, a br thats first person and does not play like a hot laggy pile of garbage like pubg could be interesting.

11. Post
    At the very least it should be more fun than that borefest Blackout

Hopefully the FOV is wider than the shitty one in Blackout on console, & your weapon doesn't take up half the screen.
    Last edited by Ins0mn1ac; 5th February 2019 at 10:25 am.

12. Post
    Downloading now, haven't even looked at trailer yet

13. Post
    Just watched Shroud play a game. Looks really good and is pretty fast paced too compared to other BR games. I'm pretty excited to play this now.

14. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    At the very least it should be more fun than that borefest Blackout

Hopefully the FOV is wider than the shitty one in Blackout on console, & your weapon doesn't take up half the screen.
    Oi blackout is fricken amazing. They ahve done so much updates etc it's such a solid game, but I expect no less from an h1z1 scrub like yourself.

True story I was playing blackout and got a friend invite and joined the guys party turns out he's a huge YouTuber named Stampylonghead and my son's mind was blown that I was friends with him lol.

15. Post
    Looks quite cool I hope they consider adding titans down the road.

16. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Oi blackout is fricken amazing. They ahve done so much updates etc it's such a solid game, but I expect no less from an h1z1 scrub like yourself.

True story I was playing blackout and got a friend invite and joined the guys party turns out he's a huge YouTuber named Stampylonghead and my son's mind was blown that I was friends with him lol.
    lmao I prefer games where the majority of people don't camp like lil bitches lol.

Thats pretty cool being friends with a big YT'er though. You on any of his vids?

17. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    lmao I prefer games where the majority of people don't camp like lil bitches lol.

Thats pretty cool being friends with a big YT'er though. You on any of his vids?
    Don't think so, was just randomly In a couple games with him don't think he streamed them or put them up think it's his game he plays without making vids on.

Blackout has changed heaps and I really like it now.

Just had my first game of Apex, I'd rather be just solo then In a group to be honest. Hope they add solo in.

18. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:

Yea I agree with ludez bro, blackout is legit.
    Since they added the repair Armor mechanic people are a lot more aggressive, way less campy.

Keen try this Apex:Legends tho, looks cool.

19. Post
    matt8485 wrote:
    Since they added the repair Armor mechanic people are a lot more aggressive, way less campy.

Oh ok that sounds better. Hopefully Blackout eventually goes f2p. Then I'd give it a proper chance (only played the beta).

20. Post
    matt8485 wrote:

Gameplay feel and mechanics are so similar to blackout it's crazy. It's good for sure. Think this might be a massive game

21. Post
    https://www.destructoid.com/nope-res...EPUOKrLisnXMsg

You'll play Apex Legends and you'll LIKE IT

It's a bittersweet day for fans of Titanfall and Respawn Entertainment.

Respawn has made a new first-person shooter housed within the Titanfall universe, and it's out today on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. The game's even free! But Apex Legends is a squad-based battle royale -- a format that's left a lot of us feeling fatigued -- and the studio says it's not working on Titanfall 3.

That last bit comes as a surprise to everyone who caught wind of Apex Legends over the weekend and just figured Respawn also had an eventual sequel up its sleeve alongside Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

Speaking to Eurogamer, lead producer Drew McCoy acknowledged that Apex Legends will attract skepticism. "There are some people who think there are too many battle royale games or it's a fad, the world thinks we're making Titanfall 3 and we're not -- this is what we're making," he said.

In 2017, Kotaku reported that a sequel was in production, but plans have clearly changed.

"To try and convince a skeptical audience for months with trailers and hands-on articles, we're just like 'let [Apex Legends] speak for itself,'" explained McCoy. "We're doing a free-to-play game, with essentially loot boxes, after we were bought by EA, and it's not Titanfall 3. It's the perfect recipe for a marketing plan to go awry, so why have that - let's just ship the game and let players play."

It's a shame about the lack of a Titanfall 3 given the near-universal fondness over Titanfall 2's creative campaign, but if this situation is how it's going to be, I can at least respect Respawn's candidness.

"The world thinks we're making Titanfall 3 and we're not - this is what we're making." [Eurogamer]
    https://www.destructoid.com/nope-res...EPUOKrLisnXMsg

22. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Oh ok that sounds better. Hopefully Blackout eventually goes f2p. Then I'd give it a proper chance (only played the beta).
    If this game is good and takes off, Blackout will have to go f2p otherwise its f#$*#d. But yeah it's Activision, so unlikely

23. Post
    I think Blackout can still survive behind a paywall. They just need to keep adding content, listening to the community and keep up with frequent patches.

24. Post
    Man this game is awesome.

25. Post
    I've been watching Shroud and Dr Disrespect playing it. Looks good.

One of the guys playing with Doc said it feels like Overwatch BR, which appeals to me as an Overwatch player.

At least Origin is downloading at a half decent speed today, I just downloaded the game in 2 minutes.