Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

R.I.P Mx518 :'(

My Poor mousey died today while gaming :'(

It died doing what it does best.

So now i need to look for a successor. Having been a very long time since i last bought a mouse, Whats good and similar to the MX518 (I don't mind wireless but not sure about latencies.

is optical > laser still?

2. Post
    I have like 10 corsair sabres just in case one breaks and they stop being sold lol. Use one at the office, one at home. Got my first one like 2-3 years ago i think. Still going strong.

3. Post
    Logitech G403 is a great mouse.
    Good list here http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/top-40/

4. Post
    doesn't help when i don't know what the mx518 is comparable to todays ones

5. Post
    corsair sabre m8

6. Post
    my g400s does the job & is pretty much the same as the mx518

7. Post
    They recently released a new Mx518, though I'm not sure if you get it outside of China yet. Here it is on ebay.

Also a clone was released a couple of months ago too. I got one for my brother-in-law from Amazon for Xmas, though haven't tried it myself yet so I can't say how close to the original it is. This one.

8. Post
    huntakillaz wrote:
    doesn't help when i don't know what the mx518 is comparable to todays ones
    G402 is similar in shape to MX518 and G400. I would recommend trying out the G403 though its a really great mouse.
    Ive tried them all and used to use the MX518 for a long time.
    I personally use the Razer Deathadder Elite now though.
    Nothing beats trying it out for yourself.

9. Post
    My MX518 is still going strong

10. Post
    how good are wireless mouse these days?
    Last edited by huntakillaz; 5th February 2019 at 7:01 pm.

11. Post
    Probably a good thing to happen for your gaming, once you get used to a mouse without angle prediction you'll wonder why the old M series mice were so lauded.

12. Post
    Currently have the G400 which was the successor to the mx518 by memory (i also had the mx518 and mx500)

13. Post
    AgrAde wrote:
    Probably a good thing to happen for your gaming, once you get used to a mouse without angle prediction you'll wonder why the old M series mice were so lauded.
    Angle prediction?

yeah noticed new mouses have on board memory and profiles now.
    Last edited by huntakillaz; 6th February 2019 at 8:13 am.

14. Post
    huntakillaz wrote:
    how good are wireless mouse these days?
    I love my G602. Wouldn't go back to wired mouse. Works fine for gaming, i'm not a pro CS player so noticed zero difference from wired.

15. Post
    huntakillaz wrote:
    Angle prediction?
    They filter the input hardware side, and subtly snap to pure horizontal and vertical when moving near horiz/vert.

16. Post
    I still have the G900 sitting here unopened -I just can't bring myself to replace the MX518...

17. Post
    Swiftpoint Z beats anything I've used before - all of the extra features, buttons and sensors aside its still the most comfortable mouse I've used - flat buttons make such a huge difference over this curved bs everyone else makes.

18. Post
    opening up the mouse, seems theres a part in the usb cable thats been strained.

I might be able resurrect it

19. Post
    Let the poor thing rest and get a real mouse!

20. Post
    iRoN wrote:
    Swiftpoint Z beats anything I've used before - all of the extra features, buttons and sensors aside its still the most comfortable mouse I've used - flat buttons make such a huge difference over this curved bs everyone else makes.
    This. Also you'll get warm fuzzies from supporting an innovative Kiwi company that is taking on the big boys.

21. Post

22. Post

23. Post
    I'm very much a palm grip person.
    In order of preference, the mice I currently have:
    Logitech G502 Proteus
    Logitech G5
    A4Tech X7
    Logitech G403
    Corsair M65

P.S are you sure the mouse itself is dead, and not just the cable?
    I had the cable for my G5 break internally so I replaced it with a kit from eBay. I believe the MX518 you can do the same thing, the cable for the G5 might even fit the MX518 since it was basically the laser replacement.

24. Post
    Purely ergonomics, the Cyborg RAT 9 was the best mouse I've owned to date as it was the only mouse that could be tweaked to fit like a glove. Most other mice, even the G502 I'm using now, don't feel as great

25. Post
    I went from the RAT 9 to the Swiftpoint Z, and whilst it doesn't have the physical customization of it, I find its technical features make up for that, and it is still comfortable to use with my large hands like the RAT 9.