1. Post

Looking for domain registation and website host

Im setting up a simple website which will have 7 or 8 pages maybe a blog as well and will use wordpress.

Just wondering should I keep the domain registration and web hosts separate? Would prefer a NZ based provided but dont want to spend much as its just a simple advertising site will have no shopping/ ordering / payment requirements.

Can anyone recommend a host? Or does it not matter as its not going to be a complicated website?

2. Post
    I use CrazyDomains for .nz domains, and DomainMonster (they're now something else but I still get the DomainMonster interface) for everything else.

I probably couldn't suggest what hosting to use, I use a VPS and whilst it's vastly superior, the work involved is probably too much for just a single basic website. If you want to do it properly, though, and leave room to not only have a faster website but the knowledge to manage it when it expands, then look into a VPS with a LEMP stack.

Just realise that it will be a bit of technical work to get it running.

3. Post
    Thanks i found crazy domains they seem to be the cheapest for domain registrations but not sure about their hosting. Dont have time or need to get into the technical stuff right now just looking for a web hosting service where I can use the wordpress template.

4. Post
    DomainsDirect for the cheapest registrar but they also have great support and actually care about what they do. I just use them + put nameservers on cloudflare.

Openhost/Freeparking for a good NZ web host that will help you out when you get stuck. However if you're not too familiar with it all, it would be worth the money to pay a bit extra and put domain registration + hosting in the same account.

5. Post
    If you're still looking for hosting, let me know.

6. Post
    I use Hoopla Hosting. It's run by a GP member.

EDIT: Just checked the OPs original post date... tad old.

7. Post
    Linx wrote:
    I use Hoopla Hosting. It's run by a GP member.

EDIT: Just checked the OPs original post date... tad old.
    you didnt even get your aff link right

8. Post
    Kog wrote:
    you didnt even get your aff link right
    And what makes you think I got it wrong?