1. Post
    Hmm . I'm looking at getting a new monitor. Privoxy sold his monitor or took it with him already right?

Was just looking to at what was available in the pbtech sale.

2. Post
    Sold my 27" and took the widescreen with me.

3. Post

4. Post

34" ultrawide 21:9 QHD Monitor suggestions

kiwijunglist wrote:
    I have this one. I use it with my mbp when working from home and have it scaled to 1440p. Its honestly mega for the price, as crisp if not better than the retina screen on the mbp, just way bigger. 27 is the sweet spot for this resolution.

I also use it set to 1080p for casual gaming on my weedy little gt1030 and scaling is totally fine, still a better picture than my old 1080p screen.

I want another one

5. Post
    Puk wrote:
    I have this one.
    I've joined the club. It had a good review on rtings. I would of preferred a 28 or 29 but it seemed to be a good price and I had $350 in pbtech vouchers to use up. Paid $570 and got the last one in Wellington. Someone else was buying one at the same time.
    Last edited by kiwijunglist; 6th July 2019 at 1:07 pm.

6. Post
    Tell you what this shit is hard, I'm in the same boat as OP, I'm using the Qnix 1440p 27" at 120hz currently and want an upgrade preferably to ultrawide but damn I either have to sacrifice the res (which will be a pain), the hz (which I'm not 100% sure I'd notice too major between 120 and 100) or my wallet (unfortunately not possible). If only the Titan army was 20hz more (or I could overclock it like my Qnix)

7. Post
    I don't think 20hz will matter at the FPS. 100 is still solid.

8. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    got the last one in Wellington.
    You bugger, I wanted that!

9. Post
    There is a 32 inch lg 4k, I'm kinda wondering if I should of bought that one instead. $599.

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/MON...y&ref=pricespy

10. Post
    PB Tech have the Titan army one on sale this weekend, considering jumping in

11. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    There is a 32 inch lg 4k, I'm kinda wondering if I should of bought that one instead. $599.

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/MON...y&ref=pricespy
    Be glad you didn't - it's awful. Terrible washed out colors, and awful viewing angles. Even sitting right in front of it the top/bottom and left/right suffer noticeable distortion from the angle. The stand is also flimsy and wobbles if you look at it.

There's a Samsung one that's similarly priced (bit cheaper I think) with a VA panel in it. It'ds not perfect but it's much better than the LG one.

12. Post
    Ballistica wrote:
    PB Tech have the Titan army one on sale this weekend, considering jumping in
    Still not as cheap as Dick Smith (Kogan) for the same monitor.

13. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    Still not as cheap as Dick Smith (Kogan) for the same monitor.
    how much did you pay and how is it

14. Post
    Kog wrote:
    how much did you pay and how is it
    $599
    pyronical wrote:
    Got my Kogan today, nothing but positives tbh. Sure the build is a bit cheap and plasticy but that aside the picture quality is excellent, g-sync (compatible) works great, no dead pixels, no bleed. Pretty great for $600.
    The stand sits way too low, so either need to get a replacement vesa stand or prop it up.

15. Post
    Hmm ok, I can't on principle pay normal price though

16. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    If I was going for a cheap 1440P UW i'd go for that PBTech one, longer warranty and you can walk it back to them without needing to ship xender discord omegle it back somewhere. 1440P would be nice, the price of a GPU needed to hit 100hz, not so much.
    not looking at the gaming ones as it is more for productivity/content rather than games.
    Last edited by ARSOLI; 30th July 2019 at 9:03 am.

17. Post
    I have a UltraWide Titan Army monitor for sale if anyone is interested. Too big for my desk unfortunately, only a couple months old.

18. Post
    kopkiwi wrote:
    I have a UltraWide Titan Army monitor for sale if anyone is interested. Too big for my desk unfortunately, only a couple months old.
    Discuss in PMs or BST forum please.

19. Post
    I have one of the Kogan 34" UW Monitors brand new boxed (unopened) I'm selling cheap, as I bought several for an office refurb (but they're too big for 1 desk!). I can't seem to find this BST forum the mod is referring to?

20. Post
    BazMack wrote:
    I have one of the Kogan 34" UW Monitors brand new boxed (unopened) I'm selling cheap, as I bought several for an office refurb (but they're too big for 1 desk!). I can't seem to find this BST forum the mod is referring to?
    how much youre selling for bro?

21. Post
    Kog wrote:
    how much youre selling for bro?
    PM me

22. Post
    ^ It is the same reason you can't access the BST forum yet.

23. Post
    ahh, that would make sense. Guess I'll go an make some intelligent well informed comments as an SME somewhere!

24. Post
    Anyway i posted it on FaceBook Market place if anyone's interested. I am using one of these for my gaming PC and the panel is awesome, don't think I could ever use less than UW now. It's so wide that I have to get used to craning my neck around to view the normally left justified text onscreen.

25. Post
    Joins board to flog a screen (which may or may not even exist), seems legit.