Page 8 of 9 First ... 56789 Last

1. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    the pixels was so big you still had to use your imagination to believe that you were looking at a tit!
    Fark I am older than that (Xennial), all we had was the occasional magazine and shitty old warn out video tape - plus a whole lot of using your imagination!

2. Post
    https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/MON...urved-Gaming-M

144hz version of the Titan Army available now... probably for quite a while, but just noticed it.

3. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/MON...urved-Gaming-M

144hz version of the Titan Army available now... probably for quite a while, but just noticed it.
    Well shit, the only thing that makes me feel better is that I'll probably not be able to reach 144fps anyway

4. Post
    No VESA mount.

5. Post
    Ballistica wrote:
    Get my win+left/right on.
    omg life changing! now i know what my right g903 button can be used for!

6. Post
    huntakillaz wrote:
    omg life changing! now i know what my right g903 button can be used for!
    You're still doing it wrong if you're using these keys with an ultrawide.

7. Post
    Anyone now how to fore on Gsync on the titan army/kogan, the reviews I read said it was gsync compatible.

8. Post
    https://www.howtogeek.com/401792/wha...sync-monitors/ its a nvidia CP option as long as freesync is turned on in your screens OSD

9. Post
    Ballistica wrote:
    Anyone now how to fore on Gsync on the titan army/kogan, the reviews I read said it was gsync compatible.
    Just go into Nvidia Control Panel and enable it, works great on my Kogan.

10. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    Just go into Nvidia Control Panel and enable it, works great on my Kogan.
    I dont have the option, it just isnt in the list. However I believe it may be because im using a 970 to hold me over till my 1080 ti arrives, so that may be it.

11. Post
    Ballistica wrote:
    I dont have the option, it just isnt in the list. However I believe it may be because im using a 970 to hold me over till my 1080 ti arrives, so that may be it.
    Odd, but yeah make sure adaptive sync is enabled in the monitor's OSD.

12. Post
    Yea Gsync compatible only works on 10 series and up

13. Post
    siris le osiris wrote:
    yea gsync compatible only works on 10 series and up
    til

14. Post
    That's one way to try force people to upgrade lol.

AMD looked to be doing that with the image sharpening stuff recently (Navi only initially), but opened it up to Vega cards too via driver update. That would have been annoying.
    Last edited by Fragluton; 29th October 2019 at 6:41 pm.

15. Post
    For anyone playing The Outer Worlds with an ultrawide monitor
    - Yes you're not crazy, it's zoomed in / letterboxed (like Overwatch)
    - Yes there is a solution (unlike Overwatch), actually two solutions
    1) You can modify the ini file to preserve the aspect
    2) Just change the FOV to 120 - while not a true fix, this is good enough

16. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    For anyone playing The Outer Worlds with an ultrawide monitor
    - Yes you're not crazy, it's zoomed in / letterboxed (like Overwatch)
    - Yes there is a solution (unlike Overwatch), actually two solutions
    1) You can modify the ini file to preserve the aspect
    2) Just change the FOV to 120 - while not a true fix, this is good enough
    Yeah its what im doing, the bars that jump in for all the dialogue is painful but playable

17. Post
    I have a Samsung ultra wide and its great but some games look weird and I cant get FSX to look right at all, thought there might be a fix but havent found any up to now.

18. Post
    Anyone else with the Kogan and gsync on get stutters with vsync enabled as well (what is reccomended). I have gysnc + vsync (in nvidia control panel) + frame rate limited to 97 fps vis RTSS and I get really odd behaviour, random locks to 50fps in some games (Prey, Halo MCC) and stutters when it flucuates within the gsync range.

This app is a good test https://github.com/Nixola/VRRTest/releases/tag/v1.1
    Last edited by Ballistica; 7th January 2020 at 9:31 am.

19. Post
    I am planning for a 16:10 display --- I am so disappointed that the gaming community has also moved onto 16:9

I prefer having a bigger action area, and my status panels are not taking up too much of the screen.

20. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    I am planning for a 16:10 display --- I am so disappointed that the gaming community has also moved onto 16:9

I prefer having a bigger action area, and my status panels are not taking up too much of the screen.
    Why no 21:9 then?

21. Post
    Ballistica wrote:
    Why no 21:9 then?
    Hmmm .... Let me do some investigation.

As I only have a 1070Ti I'll struggle with 4K type resolutions. I also like to have two screens running, so it really cant be too wide, as I will lose desk space.

22. Post
    Ballistica wrote:
    Anyone else with the Kogan and gsync on get stutters with vsync enabled as well (what is reccomended). I have gysnc + vsync (in nvidia control panel) + frame rate limited to 97 fps vis RTSS and I get really odd behaviour, random locks to 50fps in some games (Prey, Halo MCC) and stutters when it flucuates within the gsync range.

This app is a good test https://github.com/Nixola/VRRTest/releases/tag/v1.1
    Weird, I dont get this issue, runs amazing for me, so happy with it.

23. Post
    I've just bought an ultra wide. Going from 1080p 144hz to 3440x1440 75hz should be a bit of getting use to but the screen will be wayyyy sharper and nicer aspect ratio

24. Post
    I've just bought an ultra wide. Going from 1080p 144hz to 3440x1440 75hz should be a bit of getting use to but the screen will be wayyyy sharper and nicer aspect ratio.

980ti should drive it fine from what ive seen also. Only play mobas anyways

25. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I've just bought an ultra wide. Going from 1080p 144hz to 3440x1440 75hz should be a bit of getting use to but the screen will be wayyyy sharper and nicer aspect ratio.

980ti should drive it fine from what ive seen also. Only play mobas anyways
    Nice one mate, im still a bit 'meh' about my one, I actually love it much more for watching movies on (who knew no black bars was so much more immersive) than playing games. Its nice having the extra sides but the colour, motion blur and heavy anti-glare coating make mine not as good as my past monitor, I somewhat regret not getting a more expensive one with an IPS panel rather than VA.