1. Lightning

RNZAF Orion sinks Soviet Sub

This is a promotional scene for a series I'm hoping to put together eventually

Sorry about the 2004 era look, I'm not a professional animator lol.

Would love any feedback

Lew

2. Post
    What are you using to make this in? a game engine or traditional rendering software?
    It's a good effort I reckon, although I think the animation is one of the better points - decent shading and lighting will go a loong way to upping the production value.

3. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    What are you using to make this in? a game engine or traditional rendering software?
    It's a good effort I reckon, although I think the animation is one of the better points - decent shading and lighting will go a loong way to upping the production value.
    Thanks Feliz! I'm using Maya and AfterFX - yeah the lighting is definitely something to work on for me Hopefully I'll be able to give it a better look on the next scene I'm working on

Lew

4. Post
    Are you a student? if so I recommend seeing if you can get a education version of substance, with it you can generate some advanced shaders for Maya's Arnold renderer quickly and easily.
    Also there's some great cinema lighting reference out there on the net, this is a pretty concise video explaining it, it's designed for live action stuff but the exact same principles apply in 3D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ5hpcn6tIM