Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Love Death + Robots [Netflix]

Sentient dairy products, werewolf soldiers, robots gone wild, garbage monsters, cyborg bounty hunters, alien spiders and blood-thirsty demons from hell - all converge in eighteen NSFW animated stories.

Presented by Tim Miller & David Fincher.
    One of the 18 is is written by Peter F Hamilton bit hard to actually glean anything from the trailer but it looks pretty slick.

2. Post
    Looks good, David Fincher

3. Post
    Mek7 wrote:

One of the 18 is is written by Peter F Hamilton bit hard to actually glean anything from the trailer but it looks pretty slick.
    ok that makes me super interested. Love Hamiltons books.

4. Post
    haha this is awesome love it

5. Post
    This is awesome. Nice short episodes, amazing CGI and totally bingeable.

6. Post
    It's Tumeki, always been a fan of short stories and these look gorgeous.

And they have tits. Anything with tits gets extra points.

7. Post
    Watched the first one, which was excellent. Will check more out. Don’t think it’ll be wifeys cup of tea, so will solo it.

8. Post
    The witness looked amazing. Was it like rotoscoping or something?

9. Post
    Have watched the first 4 now these are really good I wonder if any will end up as spin off's?

10. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Watched the first one, which was excellent. Will check more out. Don’t think it’ll be wifeys cup of tea, so will solo it.
    watch the 3 robots one , completely different than the first and better than most comedies around.

11. Post
    Toolman wrote:
    watch the 3 robots one , completely different than the first and better than most comedies around.
    Needs a full length movie tbh. I'd pay to see that at the cinema.

12. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    The witness looked amazing. Was it like rotoscoping or something?
    I was wondering this also.

i think it was CGI rendered using motion capture for animation and simulated cloth physics (like what Marvelous Designer can do). They maybe used HDRI environments for realistic lighting/backgrounds.

edit: just found a reddit thread where the director said the animation was all key-frame animated, not motioncap.

13. Post
    Anyone else find it a bit odd watching a cgi sex scene? Doesn't help when you're partner walks in and wonders what you're watching. Fun trying to explain that.

14. Post
    nah, I played Mass Effect

Pretty nice series. Need more Outer Limits type stuff these days

15. Post
    Outer limits

That first episode blew me away. I started second guessing it at first, thinking it was just going to be another cliche war story. Boom, bad ****ing bug things start impaling and chopping and I'm on the verge of yelling "**** yeah!"

[oops, seems I started with the last episode]
    Last edited by Sin^; 22nd March 2019 at 7:20 pm.

16. Post
    Opening is highly reminiscent of Black Mirror, loving the three icons giving a hint of each episode.

17. Post
    Some of the CGI is crazy good eh, sometimes think I'm watching real actors... I swear some of "The Witness" scenes were real. "Beyond the Aquila Rift" I was just blown away by how good it was.

Name:  190319-ldrbeyond.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  75.7 KB

18. Post
    My favourite eps were probably the Secret War, Unlucky 13 & Beyond the Aquila Rift.

19. Post
    Some of the Aquila Rift renderings felt a bit uncanny valley.

Wife came home while I was watching the witness and was a bit wtf.

20. Post
    Gerter wrote:
    I swear some of "The Witness" scenes were real.

Name:  190319-ldrbeyond.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  75.7 KB
    think they all were

21. Post
    Really enjoying it eh. Loved the animation for the fish one. Still have a couple episodes to go.

Makes me want to rewatch Animatrix

22. Post
    Pretty sure The Witness was done like A Scanner Darkly. It was all filmed real, and basically painted over for the actual episode.

23. Post
    Ahh true that would make sense

24. Post
    darkness_nz wrote:
    Pretty sure The Witness was done like A Scanner Darkly. It was all filmed real, and basically painted over for the actual episode.
    Yeah that's what I thought. Looked like rotoscoping. Reminded me if that movie Keanu Reeves was in back in the day. Scanner darkly?

25. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Yeah that's what I thought. Looked like rotoscoping. Reminded me if that movie Keanu Reeves was in back in the day. Scanner darkly?
    Hmm, that's mentioned in the post you quoted