GTX 780 SC 6gb VS 1060 OC 6gb

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post

GTX 780 SC 6gb VS 1060 OC 6gb

Hi,

i am now using GTX 780 SC 6GB, i play PUBG.
    Would upgrading to 1060 makes much difference ?
    Worth the money for the upgrade or just stick with 780 and upgrade sometime later for $ better value ?

cheers.

2. Post
    Rest of system specs?

3. Post
    I wouldn't bother personally. You would want a bigger step up. GTX 1070 or greater. They can be had around the $400 mark used.

4. Post
    i7 26600 3.4gh
    24gb ddr3
    250ssd

5. Post
    I picked up a 780 ti, when I looked into it it sat around a 1050 ti for the most part, and went above a 1060 on a couple games.

So you'll get a benefit, but not enough of one for it to be worth $300+

6. Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YthPacgJVlc

It's actually doing really well. Kinda like a 1060 3GB/RX 570

7. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YthPacgJVlc

It's actually doing really well. Kinda like a 1060 3GB/RX 570
    I tried to watch that and I was just looking at static graphs and listening to someone talk. I gather it does alright from what I did see but this kind of thing is absolutely ideal WRITTEN DOWN.

****ing videos, man.

Use a video if what you need to convey cannot be static, like a puppy struggling to stay awake. But putting in a quick render (not actually generated by the graphics card in question) between graphs does not count.

The one save was the countdown timer on each graph so you knew how far away before he moved on, that was an excellent addition.

A 5 minute skim becomes a 15 minute video that's more difficult to fully absorb the relevant words.

I absolutely hate this push to turn articles into videos and not supply the accompanying article.

In fact, I'm going to Anandtech right now to turn my adblocker off.

8. Post
    Stop being a grumpy old man

We're old school like that but the youngans prefer youtube over TV. Kinda cool to think these "channels" are available now with the content we like.

9. Post
    I don't get it, they supply the article. So enraged you didn't check the video description or what?

10. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    I don't get it, they supply the article. So enraged you didn't check the video description or what?
    I've rechecked and you're right, after I expanded the description.

I'm not expanding every already playing video description in the hopes an article exists unless you can guarantee 100% of the time a link exists to an article version.

The video starts playing before expanding the description is allowed and it waits, and it waits, and it waits until the video starts playing before giving the rest.

11. Post
    I can guarantee that every Nexus video will have an article yes. He is very big on doing detailed articles. Would be easier for you to just not use YouTube though as i'm sure you'll find many channels don't have articles. I've never read one, but Hardware Unboxed have articles too.

Grumpy old man confirmed.

As for thread topic, 1660Ti could be worth saving for, over a 1060SC. Pretty good performer, if the price is right. (I haven't checked latest pricing)

12. Post
    I am looking to upgrade my GTX960 at the moment in preparation for VR.

Currently the best bang for your buck seems to be a used 1080, a couple went for $520 this week, which is great value as the 1070TI is going for more, and the 1080TI is $8-900 second hand.

13. Post
    GTX 1070 can be had for between $300 to $350 on trademe if you're lucky. That would also be a nice upgrade if you're still with 1080P

14. Post
    Well, it would be about 30% faster roughly with the 6GB version. The 3GB version probably wouldn't be worth it.

You would mostly be gaining memory bandwidth, memory size, and all the architectural improvements.

Ideally you should go for a 1070 to see a significant performance increase.

Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate
    Last edited by slide9595; 12th April 2019 at 5:47 am.

15. Post
    dickytim wrote:
    I am looking to upgrade my GTX960 at the moment in preparation for VR.

Currently the best bang for your buck seems to be a used 1080, a couple went for $520 this week, which is great value as the 1070TI is going for more, and the 1080TI is $8-900 second hand.
    I ended up with a GTX1080 FTW2 for $600, which is amazing bang for buck, unfortunately I haven't been able to really push it as the CPU has become my bottle neck, and being the second from the top CPU available for my MOBO I am a bit stuffed at the moment!

That said, the GTX1080 is an amazing piece of kit, and I am sure I will not regret spending an extra couple of hundred, but I am sure I would have regretted going for a lesser card.