Checking for hidden cameras

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 26

  1. Post
    #1

    Checking for hidden cameras

    There seems to be a growing trend of creepy people using hidden cameras on guests in their homes or rentals.

    These three are recent and from NZ.

    Filming a bridal shower

    https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/na...ckland-rental/

    Dude filming people in his house

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...00-guests.html

    Business man loves to watch you pee

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...led-notes.html

    Most of these people got caught because they are technical ****ups. What of the people who aren't? I'm pretty sure I am only ever gonna use airbnb or the like if it's from a woman or a couple from now on.

  2. Post
    #2
    I set up hidden cameras on myself so I can re-watch my wanks when I've been too drunk to remember doing them... great investment overall tbh

  3. Post
    #3
    Airbnb ain't my thing. I stick with hotels, motels & holiday inns.

  4. Post
    #4
    A tinfoil hat is not only stylish, but it will interfere with the camera signals. Win/win

  5. Post
    #5
    I'd be happy never going to a hotel again.

    Caveat: unless I wanted a pool and the airbnbs didn't have one.

  6. Post
    #6
    Mutton wrote:
    Airbnb ain't my thing. I stick with hotels, motels & holiday inns.
    If you stay anywhere for longer than a week, the discounts at an airbnb can be substantial. I stayed a month in one (whole house) and it cost me the same as what it would have to stay ten days in a hotel.

  7. Post
    #7
    Mutton wrote:
    Airbnb ain't my thing. I stick with hotels, motels & holiday inns.
    Book a room, set up camera. Book same room a week later. Profit?

  8. Post
    #8
    Honestly, Im not the 21 year old Brazilian tourist. My videos would be deleted pretty quick - so Im not too fussed haha

  9. Post
    #9
    I have to admit that the sketchy backpackers in Oamaru we had a night in a few days back 100% felt like the kind of place that shit would be hooked up. I spent half the (brief) shower I had peering upwards at the fan in the ceiling looking for a glint of light or something.

    Luckily, like all nerds, my micropebus and fat gut mean my modesty would be protected from that angle

  10. Post
    #10
    lol. ^

    I fear change. I also don't really spend much time in hotels. I did get an uber once though so I feel like a new age guy.

  11. Post
    #11
    frio wrote:
    I have to admit that the sketchy backpackers in Oamaru we had a night in a few days back 100% felt like the kind of place that shit would be hooked up. I spent half the (brief) shower I had peering upwards at the fan in the ceiling looking for a glint of light or something.

    Luckily, like all nerds, my micropebus and fat gut mean my modesty would be protected from that angle
    Next time you're in Otago come to Dunedin and we can spoon

  12. Post
    #12
    I wonder how much it costs to set something like that up...surely those tiny cameras aren't cheap?

  13. Post
    #13
    This is why I'm a nevernude

  14. Post
    #14
    CODChimera wrote:
    I wonder how much it costs to set something like that up...surely those tiny cameras aren't cheap?
    They're cheap ex-China - about $30 for the light bulb cameras and <$10 for the PCB cameras

  15. Post
    #15
    So THATS how those airbnb operators make a profit.

  16. Post
    #16
    airbnbhub.com

  17. Post
    #17
    KevinL wrote:
    They're cheap ex-China - about $30 for the light bulb cameras and <$10 for the PCB cameras
    Kevin is the go-to guy for this sort of info.

  18. Post
    #18
    Is it a growing trend?

    Or just the same number of creepy people with cheaper resources and easier access to strangers?

    Just read the NZ one, they should have taken the camera to see if the owner complained.

    3 stars: "Easy to rent to, but stole my camera I was hoping to catch them naked with."

  19. Post
    #19
    teelo7 wrote:
    So THATS how those airbnb operators make a profit.
    Dunno my father in law totally massacres it with his airbnb rental rooms BEFORE we add in the black market voyeurism

  20. Post
    #20
    On the other hand you have people renting out Airbnb houses to shoot porn and have orgies...

  21. Post
    #21
    gneiss wrote:
    A tinfoil hat is not only stylish, but it will interfere with the camera signals. Win/win
    Actually, research shows that tinfoil hats amplify signals at a frequency reserved by the US government. Makes you think.

    http://web.archive.org/web/201007082...rahimi/helmet/

    - - - Updated - - -

    JC wrote:
    This is why I'm a nevernude
    Meh, I'm always nude. If the neighbours don't like it, they can shut THEIR curtains. And if they do like it, well, here's my phone number.

  22. Post
    #22
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Actually, research shows that tinfoil hats amplify signals at a frequency reserved by the US government. Makes you think.

    http://web.archive.org/web/201007082...rahimi/helmet/
    Name:  C5615313-D595-4F3A-B0B9-74275DC2F8EC.jpeg
Views: 287
Size:  18.0 KB

  23. Post
    #23
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Actually, research shows that tinfoil hats amplify signals at a frequency reserved by the US government. Makes you think.
    ah but that's a design flaw. with a few slight alterations you can block those out:


  24. Post
    #24
    Got overbooked at Starship last week, got sent to grotville motel in central I can't even remember where it was, and had to listen to the permenant residents next door rooting all night

  25. Post
    #25
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    Next time you're in Otago come to Dunedin and we can spoon
    Yeah; I was actually going to sing out but we kind of boosted through in the end (heading down to Invercargill/Stewart Island). nek time