1. Post

Logitech Z-2300 no power

Hey all.

Does anyone know how to diagnose and repair these? Or know anyone you can refer me to?

Can't find much details of the problem on Google.

Cheers

2. Post
    Where are ya?

Open it up and have a look at the PCB (with the power unplugged...) Any discoloration on the PCB or any mutated caps?

Don't touch anything on the board, something may still be holding a charge.

3. Post
    WhangaDan wrote:
    Where are ya?

Open it up and have a look at the PCB (with the power unplugged...) Any discoloration on the PCB or any mutated caps?

Don't touch anything on the board, something may still be holding a charge.
    I'm in Auckland. I refrained from attempting to open it up etc. I'm boarding with someone lack of tools and also lab/counter top space to do those things. Prefer someone with lab where I can take it to.

4. Post
    I don't know if it's anything like my old Z-5500 which randomly stopped working a few years back... no power at all. There was a little fuse on the sub that popped out, got a new one from Jaycar for about a dollar and popped it back in. Back in business!

5. Post
    My 2300s would pop fuses somewhat regularly. Same story as above, pull it out of the back of the sub and have a look.

6. Post
    AgrAde wrote:
    My 2300s would pop fuses somewhat regularly. Same story as above, pull it out of the back of the sub and have a look.
    Yep. I replaced the fuse with a Jaycars one. Still nothing.

Not sure if it's the wired controller also that is failing. I was looking at Amazon for a replacement wired controller. But seems to be a third party one.

Would be good if anyone else has Z-2300 wired controller I could test with. If anyone has it and willing to help out. I could come around.

7. Post
    Anyone else got any ideas or recommendations on where and how to find help. I tried calling some electronic repair shops. Like SoundWave Services in Auckland. They don't do repairs on speakers such as Logitech etc. Might have to just bin it if no other good leads.