Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Can it really be called GPForums without any of these?

I remember playing some of these when I was younger.

And a DBZ one or two that isn't listed.

Also this, which apparently still exists:
    https://www.airlinemogul.com/

2. Post
    I loved BBS's when I was a kid and the internet was too expensive.

From memory there was one with multiple nodes called "Deaths Gate" or something similar. There was another one with a Smashing Pumpkins theme and yet another called "King's Palace". I clocked the Death Masters door game on King's Palace by logging in every day before school. My friend used to play LORD but I never got into it.

I'm sure I'd remember heaps of others if I were prompted.

suntoucher wrote:
    And a DBZ one or two that isn't listed.
    We had 128k DSL by the time Dragon Ball Z the TV show was popular in NZ, BBS's were a bit redundant by that stage.

$20 a month for 20 hours of dialup with someone like iHug was pretty standard about 20 years ago and it gave you a good reason to use a local BBS for free instead.

3. Post
    Deaths gate BBS sounds very familiar. There was also a sweet one in Auckland called Stormblade.

Never heard of any DBZ door games, definitely not in nz.

4. Smile
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    $20 a month for 20 hours of dialup with someone like iHug was pretty standard about 20 years ago and it gave you a good reason to use a local BBS for free instead.
    With my dial up connection i got creative and disabled things like pictures and stuff so web pages loaded quicker.
    Also not having macromedia flash.

LAN's were great fun because there wasn't any lag unlike when i played CS and TFC online with a 56k modem.
    Oh and red alert 2 with Z-free. LOL!

5. Post
    Taking 3 hours to download a picture of a hot chick on WinMX and praying your mum didn't pick up the phone and kick you off

Was pretty shit

6. Post
    Gotta overnight that shit on Napster using your I4Free

7. Post
    I rather liked BRE and LORD 2. I could never find a TW2002 game with many players on it though.

8. Post
    i liked it too, but LORD 2 was such a flop compared to the first one