Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    TatonkaBill wrote:
    Pretty safe so far.
    Yeah it certainly doesn't seem as violent as I remember some parts of the books being.

- - - Updated - - -

MorbidNZ wrote:
    So is something you'd watch with your kids?! Daughters 10 and obsessed with harry potter films... wondering whether to flick this on with her?
    I think I read the first book when I was about that age.

2. Post
    It can't be as violent because it's rated T-14 or something - hence why they couldn't show neck snaps etc.

I think it's been quite good; albeit I feel like everything has happened too fast and hasn't been given space to breathe. The relationships don't feel quite earned yet.

Do think Dafne Keen is doing an outstanding job though. Also think the CGI for Iorek is really good, and his voice suits well.

The biggest issue with any TV adaptation was always going to be the lack of daemons and I think that has hurt this too; especially with the latest ep.

3. Post
    I wonder how it is for someone going into this series cold with no prior knowledge.

I feel I am in the perfect position of having read the books long enough ago that I only vaguely recall the story but still remember enough of the background that it isn't confusing...

4. Post
    brand wrote:
    I wonder how it is for someone going into this series cold with no prior knowledge.

I feel I am in the perfect position of having read the books long enough ago that I only vaguely recall the story but still remember enough of the background that it isn't confusing...
    Am in the same position. I'm watching with my wife and has a lot of questions regarding the daemons which aren't really answered well in the show.

5. Post
    I haven't seen the movie or read the books and I'm totally hooked after 4 eps. I'm not confused at all but then again I've just been enjoying the ride and haven't thought that deeply about the daemons etc.

6. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Am in the same position. I'm watching with my wife and has a lot of questions regarding the daemons which aren't really answered well in the show.
    What kinda questions? I'm wondering if I have the same.

7. Post
    Damn what a finale. Anyone know if they have a release date for season 2.

8. Post
    The finale mad me sad and mad. I'm a bit confused with some of the characters but keen on season 2

9. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Damn what a finale. Anyone know if they have a release date for season 2.
    Shit wait, when was the finale?

10. Post
    zippy wrote:
    The finale mad me sad and mad. I'm a bit confused with some of the characters but keen on season 2
    At a wild guess:

Spoiler:

Don't let me know if I'm right just yet, i just wanted to lock my predictions in before watching it. But I have a bad feeling for
    Spoiler:

11. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    At a wild guess:

Spoiler:

Don't let me know if I'm right just yet, i just wanted to lock my predictions in before watching it. But I have a bad feeling for
    Spoiler:
    No comment

12. Post
    Watched it.

Spoiler:

13. Post
    Mondays officially suck again no new episode to look forward to