MJ has been banned from Radio ...

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... Last

1. Question

MJ has been banned from Radio ...

... who else goes on that list because of under age sex allegations.

Elvis Presley, Jerry Lewis, David Bowie, R Kelly, Rolf Harris ... the list can go on and on who we should not listen too!

2. Post
    Lmao radio. I pick my own music kthx.

3. Wink
    Don't think Jackson's music is ever on concert FM.

4. Post
    What about The Jackson 5?

5. Post
    Not sure what to make of it, Jacko was a whacko for sure, but the guys in this documentary are documented liars iirc, and the documentary gave no 'right of reply'.

On the Rolf Harris case I used to think he was guilty as sin - then I found out one of the girls testifying against him was someone I used to go to school with. Based on her character at school it changed my mind on his potential guilt.

6. Post
    This "documentary" has pretty much zero actual evidence to speak of and as Vulcan mentioned, most of the people in it are not credible.

Seems like mediaworks are jumping the gun a little here.

7. Post
    They should cancel Chris Brown.

8. Post
    Nah, **** MJ. He was obviously a pedophile. There's no way that on three separate occasions, four different boys are just going to make up that he abused them. Why the **** would more come out of the woodwork and just be like "yeah nah, they'll believe us now and we'll get heaps of money!"? Absurd.

It's pretty easy to see why they all wouldn't just come forward to begin with, especially if you remember the hordes of rabid fans shitting on the accusers that first came forward, if you consider what MJ was like, the love and support that he showed these kids and their families before he started molesting them. The whole thing would be terrifying, then you have his mob going to each of his victims and their families and pressuring them to support MJ through each trial. Yeah, nah. He was real ****ed up.

I mean, what more ****ing evidence do you want, so many years on? I don't expect that any real lawsuit will be successful at this point, but who knows.

I already believed it, this hammers the nail further in, but watch the documentary.

9. Post
    What more evidence could I want? enough to actually convict him in a court of law would be a nice start. Guilty until proven innocent is not how society is supposed to work. If it was ever actually proven then I would immediately change my stance.

10. Post
    Several accusers over many years, at least one corroborating witness within the household, the admission that he was actually literally sleeping with many boys, the fact that he was a ****ing weird **** with an obvious obsession with children - that's all enough for me, to be honest.

11. Post
    Can I enjoy his music and still think he was a piece if garbage or is it all or nothing or something

12. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Not sure what to make of it, Jacko was a whacko for sure, but the guys in this documentary are documented liars iirc, and the documentary gave no 'right of reply'.
    Agree with this - they previously testified, under oath, that he never touched them or did anything inappropriate.

I'm not a massive MJ fan, but the poor prick is dead, can't defend himself, so it seems like a total beat-up to me. I've emailed MediaWorks and said it's bullshit, that they should re-instate his music.

13. Post
    As pointed out, Chris Brown beating the shit of of women (twice) is ok though. Just the usual social media point scoring going on.

14. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    Can I enjoy his music and still think he was a piece if garbage or is it all or nothing or something
    Thats a good question. I've had many discussions with the Mrs about it. Can you separate the art from the artist themselves, without it feeling tainted.

Salvadore Dali was a great artist, but a twisted individual.
    Orson Scott Card was a great author, but a raging bigot(homophobe i think).
    The list goes on really.

15. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    I wouldn't tell somebody to not watch American Beauty, it is a great movie.

16. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    Yah go for it. I still enjoy The Pianist.

17. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Agree with this - they previously testified, under oath, that he never touched them or did anything inappropriate.
    Means **** all. Watch the doco, dude. I believe that you'd be able to empathise.

18. Post
    darkness_nz wrote:
    Thats a good question. I've had many discussions with the Mrs about it. Can you separate the art from the artist themselves, without it feeling tainted.

Salvadore Dali was a great artist, but a twisted individual.
    Orson Scott Card was a great author, but a raging bigot(homophobe i think).
    The list goes on really.
    John Lennon was a women-beating twat, people still play his music. Steve Jobs was a massive Grade-A slave driving **** and people still buy Apple products. Where do we stop?

19. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Means **** all. Watch the doco, dude. I believe that you'd be able to empathise.
    I'm a massive fan of documentaries, but they very rarely go out of their way to provide a balanced viewpoint on any subject, particularly to the point where people can know anything with certainty.

20. Post
    DW wrote:
    I'm a massive fan of documentaries, but they very rarely go out of their way to provide a balanced viewpoint on any subject, particularly to the point where people can know anything with certainty.
    I'd agree with that, and if this were the only thing I'd ever heard or read about MJ being abusive towards children then I'd be less certain, but it absolutely wasn't :/

21. Post
    I think it's less of a question whether or not MJ is guilty as it is a debate on whether it's okay to still enjoy the work of people accused/convicted of particular crimes, which has been an issue for some time (in fact it long pre-dates the #metoo movement)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...=1551911466245

22. Smile
    KevinL wrote:
    I think it's less of a question whether or not MJ is guilty as it is a debate on whether it's okay to still enjoy the work of people accused/convicted of particular crimes
    I think that's the whole point of the thread, His guilt can be judged by the courts, What we wanna know is should he be played on the radio and do people want to listen to it.

Personally I don't care for his music and don't really wanna listen to it.
    I enjoy concert FM and the BBC on the radio, My CD music collection varies.

23. Post
    Yeah my general feeling is unless the offending is intrinsic to the artistic work (let's say the screams of abused children form the bass line) my enjoyment is separate from my judgement.

24. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    the screams of abused children form the bass line
    Does this exist anywhere? Asking for a friend

25. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    Does this exist anywhere? Asking for a friend
    You might find this interesting from a medical perspective too: https://broomedocs.com/2016/12/newman/