Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Anyone looking for a new IT Job?

People of the internet. (Auckland Based)

I have some roles open @ Belton. MSP type stuff. At the moment these roles are in our real time support desk - phone and email based support for nationwide clients.

To apply you'll have relevant MSP experience and have used connectwise / autotask / labtech / kaseya etc.

shoot a CV through to our GM michael.thompson@belton.co.nz

All experience levels being considered. Well go through your cv reach out to you for a discussion.

Based in Penrose.

2. Post
    You should drop by the Vodafone offices.

3. Post
    When was the last time you looked at your website? It looks like it was made by a graduate 10 years ago

4. Post
    What's the office policy on no shoes?

zippy wrote:
    When was the last time you looked at your website? It looks like it was made by a graduate 10 years ago
    You're probably not far off. The theme looks like it came out in 2013 from what i can find on google

5. Post
    Not really, thanks for asking, though!

LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    What's the office policy on no shoes?

You're probably not far off. The theme looks like it came out in 2013 from what i can find on google
    I don't like how the footer works. Appears from the bottom up and requires the user to manually scroll the whole thing before they can start reading from the top that is last to substantiate.

6. Post
    Where is it based?

7. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    Where is it based?
    Was waiting for that - you never disappoint Wolfy

8. Post
    This guy gives out heaps of legit full time jobs to GP members.

I don't know what the hell they are but it's worked out well the last few years.

9. Post
    Sle@per wrote:
    To apply you'll have relevant MSP experience and have used connectwise / autotask / labtech / kaseya
    I just completed a BSCompSci and I've never even heard of any of those things. Are they heavy machinery stuff?

edit: oh it's remote desktop stuff.

10. Post
    I only have a trade cert but I'm still glad someone else hasn't heard of those things either.

11. Post
    B|ind-Reaper* wrote:
    I only have a trade cert but I'm still glad someone else hasn't heard of those things either.
    It appears to be various ways to fiddle with other people's business.

12. Post
    Or you know, remotely provide instant support *shrug*

13. Post
    Sure, give me a yell.

14. Post
    Dunno why anyone would want to work in I.T. these days - all jobs are slowly being shipped off shore or being replaced by automation

15. Post
    mike4de wrote:
    Dunno why anyone would want to work in I.T. these days - all jobs are slowly being shipped off shore or being replaced by automation
    What rubbish. Like to see you try and ship my job offshore, or replace with automation.

16. Post
    We're all in trouble when the robots we code, can start coding their own robots

17. Post
    mike4de wrote:
    Not all, we still need keepers of the machines. And having seen whats around currently, we're a while off that threat becoming real for most IT jobs.

18. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    What rubbish. Like to see you try and ship my job offshore, or replace with automation.
    This, maybe some of the L1 support jobs, but there's still a huge amount of roles out there if you can move past that entry level.

19. Post
    zippy wrote:
    Genuine funny story. SO - i built the website - like i dunno, 8 years ago .. just some template thing. 24 months ago I had some awesome web company build a nice new site - (you can view a demo here : http://belton.ongoing.co.nz )

Then - the phone started to ring. And ring. and people were finding us on our website. and wanting to use our services. Not just a few leads ... but loads. So .... we have kinda just kept it. It may look broken ... but it works well for those clients who found us online.

appreciate the honest feedback though. OD never disappoints

20. Post
    zippy wrote:
    I guess it also prooves that a website that looks like it was built by a 10 year old can help build a +$10m a year business.

21. Post
    mike4de wrote:
    Yes no IT is horrible... no jobs here... no money here.... much better being ummm an accountant.

22. Post
    Belton's gone downhill as evidenced by the fact you weren't at the last pz ((((

23. Post
    Belton was the company selling all the EVGA 1070 cards on trademe?

24. Post
    Sle@per wrote:
    I guess it also prooves that a website that looks like it was built by a 10 year old can help build a +$10m a year business.
    At the very least you're bleeding 6-7 figures from not retargeting at least on Google. No google analytics, No hotjar or anything to track disconnects and fix why people are visiting and leaving.

You have some SEO presence but no paid advertising around any of the major keywords related to your business from what i could gather.

Improve your google map/places rankings by reaching out to the person who left a 4 star review of "good service". Get that fixed to a 5 star to jump a few spots. Or just pay for top placement via google ad network.

Theres probably a million other things i could spot given more than 5 minute glance.

25. Post
    My own work, has worked alongside Belton B2B and can vouch that most of the Belton guys are pretty easy going whilst knowing their stuff, so would be a good place to learn.