Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Halo: The Master Chief Collection PC

It finally happened. Halo makes it glorious return to the PC. Many of us have been waiting since Halo 2 vista in 2007 for this!

2. Post
    Day 1 buy

3. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Day 1 buy
    Agreed. Childhood me is jumping with joy.

4. Post
    This is amazing lol. *headphone warning*

5. Post
    Hahaha "****ing nutted".

6. Post
    i'm keen

7. Post
    keen to buy to see what all the fuss is over never played

8. Post
    BZP wrote:
    keen to buy to see what all the fuss is over never played
    Oh, this is going to be like playing Half Life 2 15 years after it was made kind of deal.

There is a lot of nostalgia here, going back and playing old Halo games when you're not invested you may be underwhelmed

9. Post
    hmmm

10. Post
    Can't wait

11. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Oh, this is going to be like playing Half Life 2 15 years after it was made kind of deal.

There is a lot of nostalgia here, going back and playing old Halo games when you're not invested you may be underwhelmed
    Perhaps. But the recent remakes made the game look half-way pretty even if hardcore fans poo-poo it.

12. Post
    oh shit, on steam as well. definite day 1 purchase.

13. Post
    BZP wrote:
    hmmm
    Grim is once again making assumptions. Just ignore him he never knows what he's talking about even when he's not actively lying.

The Halo's are not ground breaking in any way especially if you're a PC FPS gamer, but they're solid and have a great story.

14. Post
    You've not played any of the MCC's remasters have you? Have you even bothered to take a minute to see what was updated? Of course not.
    Yes they're pretty straight forward, but a big part of the appeal is the story and that's just as good now as ever. The gun play is fine (especially after they were updated), and considering how cheap the MCC was the price per game is so low its a low risk investment.

15. Post
    It seems to be the year for re-releasing old games.

World of Warcraft Classic and Warcraft III: Reforged along with Halo: MCC for PC.

I'm only really interested in seeing how Warcraft III: Reforged looks.

16. Post

Yeah, f off motion blur!

Also, they've taken to twitter to request fans stop sending them pizza as they've been overwhelmed by the amount of free pizza deliveries

17. Post
    Anyone got any solid info on if its a 60fps cap going on?

18. Post

19. Post
    Just drop it on Steam already. I'll even take early access.

20. Post
    Is this just a way for Microsoft to milk more coin out of a tired old franchise?

21. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Is this just a way for Microsoft to milk more coin out of a tired old franchise?
    A company giving their customers what they want is a negative to you?

I don't see a problem here. Fans get games which they want on the platform of their choice, MS gets their custom, everybody wins.

If they really were doing a cynical cash grab they'd just do straight Xbox 360 ports with no proper optimisation to expectations of PC gamers. They're putting in the legwork to do these ports right.

22. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    I'm fizzing to play Halo 1-3 as I haven't owned a console for years

23. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    A company giving their customers what they want is a negative to you?

I don't see a problem here. Fans get games which they want on the platform of their choice, MS gets their custom, everybody wins.

If they really were doing a cynical cash grab they'd just do straight Xbox 360 ports with no proper optimisation to expectations of PC gamers. They're putting in the legwork to do these ports right.
    Nope, not a negative at all, but answering a question with a question is poor form. Mine was actually genuine - i'm not a PC gamer, so didn't know that they were fully optimising it.

For me, having played them all across the Original Xbox, 360, and XB1, it's been a case of diminishing returns. 1-3 were great, as were ODST and Reach. 4 was okay. 5 was terrible, didn't even finish it. Have lost all interest in the franchise (hence me questioning the motives behind it).

24. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    I'm fizzing to play Halo 1-3 as I haven't owned a console for years
    I can't wait to chase Elite's around rocks on PC, haha.

Seriously though. Really excited for this on PC.

25. Post
    I'll almost certainly be getting this, and I'll be using an xbox one controller to play it. :P