1. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Nope, not a negative at all, but answering a question with a question is poor form. Mine was actually genuine - i'm not a PC gamer, so didn't know that they were fully optimising it.

For me, having played them all across the Original Xbox, 360, and XB1, it's been a case of diminishing returns. 1-3 were great, as were ODST and Reach. 4 was okay. 5 was terrible, didn't even finish it. Have lost all interest in the franchise (hence me questioning the motives behind it).
    It's still a hugely popular series. The only thing that was good with Halo 5 was the Firefly dude was voicing one of the characters.

2. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    It's still a hugely popular series. The only thing that was good with Halo 5 was the Firefly dude was voicing one of the characters.
    The MP on 5 was solid

3. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Is this just a way for Microsoft to milk more coin out of a tired old franchise?
    Always remember - it is OK for people to like things that you dont.

4. Post
    I downloaded this form gamepass on xbox one, Took several months to play through, with heaps of extras in terms of videos and points of interest. It's really cool

looking forward to reach coming to the MCC. Halo 5 single player was OK, but wayyy too short

5. Post
    Pennywiser NZ wrote:
    The MP on 5 was solid
    Oh yeah that was pretty fun.

6. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Mine was actually genuine - i'm not a PC gamer, so didn't know that they were fully optimising it.
    You don't have to be any specific type of gamer to read news articles.

For me, having played them all across the Original Xbox, 360, and XB1, it's been a case of diminishing returns. 1-3 were great, as were ODST and Reach. 4 was okay. 5 was terrible, didn't even finish it. Have lost all interest in the franchise (hence me questioning the motives behind it).
    I had a 360 so I kept playing Halos, but they literally ripped the franchise out of PC only gamers hands when they stopped porting the games to PC after 2. They abandoned their fanbase on PC. A whole segment of their fanbase spent 12 YEARS pleading for Halo to come back PC:- getting the announcement that the latest sequel Infinite coming to PC last year was good news... getting ports of all the classic entries that they missed was Earth shattering news for them (and me too).

I suffered through playing all of these games on console. Being forced to play shooters on gamepad diminishes my overall enjoyment. Eg I hated the scoping knockback that the Bungie Halos had, slowly and finickly line up a sniper shot with the inaccurate/slow thumbstick aiming and just as I was about to pull a trigger I'd get hit by an enemy shot and knocked back to hip fire mode. Having the option of increasing the narrow-ass console 45-65 FoV I'm greatly looking forward to, hugely increasing playability right out of the gate. Turning off the shitty Reach motion blur will be great too.

7. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    I'll almost certainly be getting this, and I'll be using an xbox one controller to play it. :P
    Casual!

8. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    I'll almost certainly be getting this, and I'll be using an xbox one controller to play it. :P
    That's great. PC platform gives you so many options.

9. Post
    Pennywiser NZ wrote:
    Always remember - it is OK for people to like things that you dont.
    No problem with that, I was just questioning MS's motives. I loved the Halo games for a long time, now it all just seems a bit meh to me.

EvaUnit02 wrote:
    You don't have to be any specific type of gamer to read news articles.
    I see a "Halo Reach coming to PC" headline, but have no interest in the article as I'm not a PC gamer. As above, I was just asking about the reasons why MS are doing it.

Doing it now is certainty a good way to generate buzz for the waning franchise. I have to say though, I'm surprised you of all people Eva would be okay with it. After 10+ years of pleading for it and getting nothing, I assumed you'd be boycotting it. Why couldn't they have done it 5 years ago?

It's great that they're doing it properly, and that there's still an appetite for these games. I'm not trying to be controversial or start anything, just asking about the motives and timing.

10. Post
    James wrote:
    Doing it now is certainty a good way to generate buzz for the waning franchise. I have to say though, I'm surprised you of all people Eva would be okay with it. After 10+ years of pleading for it and getting nothing I assumed you'd be boycotting it.
    Why do you think that I'd have a problem with their motives? I'm getting what I want, I'm happy.

Why couldn't they have done it 5 years ago?
    1. This is a direct response to Halo 3 Online ElDewrito mod being C&D'ed last year. Phil Spencer said that he'd provide an official solution to the community's demand for classic Halo on PC.
    2. The management of both MS and Xbox was very different 5 years ago. Xbox 1 failing in 2013/2014 lead to Spencer taking the reins and bringing Xbox in-line with the rest of MS' businesses as dictated by Satya Nadella. I.e. A focus on platform agnostic subscription services. Xbox of today is like today's MS Office, i.e. a software platform that's on as many hardware platforms as possible. Play Anywhere, a return to PC, Xb1 backward compatibility, Game Pass, X Cloud - that's all Spencer.

What I want next from MS is Xbox console game emulation baked into Windows 10. It can be done, since that's essentially how BC on Xb1 consoles is achieved. User mappable binds to any input device would address the lack of native KB/M support.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 15th June 2019 at 8:47 am.

11. Post
    You also got to take into considering that team running Xbox now isn't the same team during the 360 era.They have new leadership in Spencer who has different beliefs for what the xbox platform should be compared to back then. Remember xbox was in the lead last gen they couldn't even mention PC in the same conversation as Xbox. But times are different now instead of shunning the PC platform they see it as an untapped market with huge potential. Losing this gen humbled them and made them realize they needed to make serious changes to get people on board again. Bringing Halo back to PC is a good start. And It seem's Microsoft wants to redeem itself from its earlier half-assed attempts at supporting PC gaming. Games for windows live anyone?

12. Post
    ^ Thanks guys - appreciate the explanations.

I was a big fan of Xbox for a long time, OG, 360 and an XB1 at launch. But Sony learned their lesson with the PS3, and came out swinging in 2013 with a sleek UI, a more powerful machine, much improved online component, and a focus on games. There was room in my life for both consoles, but after the Xbox One sat unused for over 10 months, it was time to move it on.

They almost had me with the "most powerful console in the world", but with no interest in their exclusives and the improvement not being enough to justify the expenditure for multiplats, I couldn't do it. I am hoping for a return to form for the next Xbox, as there is still room in my life for two consoles. They certainly sound like they're on a better trajectory with Spencer at the helm.

13. Post
    I'm kinda tempted to pick up an Xbox one X for gamepass and make it my primary console for multiplatform game's for some casual couch gaming. When I don't want to use the pc. Specs wise yes. The One X is the most powerful console so all multiplatform games will play better there so there's that. And id just use the PS4 for exclusives. But I'm getting a bit off topic.

14. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    I'm kinda tempted to pick up an Xbox one X for gamepass and make it my primary console for multiplatform game's for some casual couch gaming. When I don't want to use the pc. Specs wise yes. The One X is the most powerful console so all multiplatform games will play better there so there's that. And id just use the PS4 for exclusives. But I'm getting a bit off topic.
    That's exactly what I said when I got both XB1 and PS4 at launch. To my surprise, the PS4 quickly became my primary console. So I'm open to that being the case with the new Xbox when the next gen drops. I don't really have a massive stake in the game either way, so I'm happy to switch. 95% sure I'll be getting both new machines at launch.

15. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    It's a good investment for multi play games.

16. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    That's exactly what I said when I got both XB1 and PS4 at launch. To my surprise, the PS4 quickly became my primary console. So I'm open to that being the case with the new Xbox when the next gen drops. I don't really have a massive stake in the game either way, so I'm happy to switch. 95% sure I'll be getting both new machines at launch.
    I prefer to play on Xbox, but it didn't get much of a workout because I mostly played ps exclusives.

Then I got gamepass and I play Xbox heaps again

17. Post
    Keep an eye on your inbox's. Apparently they'll be sending out emails for the reach flight test.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/f...8496fc0c/posts

Check twitch for gameplay. A few streamers streaming it.

18. Post
    Comon just launch the game already

19. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Keep an eye on your inbox's. Apparently they'll be sending out emails for the reach flight test.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/f...8496fc0c/posts

Check twitch for gameplay. A few streamers streaming it.
    Less than a 1000 invites went out the chances of getting in on this first flight extremely slim. It has no multiplayer anyway. It is basically expanded version of the e3 build they had. Future flights will probably be bigger and have multiplayer.

20. Post
    Those initial invites would have been sent to influencers.

21. Post

22. Post

23. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Why aren't they releasing the whole collection at once?

24. Post
    I'm guessing more $ releasing them bit by bit. I'd just wait for them to do the whole collection instead.

25. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Why aren't they releasing the whole collection at once?
    This has been explained more times than I can care to count, and was a core focus of the PC version of the MCC.