Christchurch terror attack

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2484

1. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    yeah i was thinking about the CP parallel, although to come across CP you'd generally really have to go digging whereas I can imagine in the future reddit for example becoming laxer on the sitewide banning of that video.
    You'd be surprised. I would looking across a bunch of different organizations filtering I was seeing maybe 1 in 20000 hits (Internet Watch Foundation CAIS List). Investigations usually revealed it to be cross-embedded images, so accidental.

2. Post
    Probably isn't going to help that they've made an internet wide forbidden video

3. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    yeah i was thinking about the CP parallel, although to come across CP you'd generally really have to go digging whereas I can imagine in the future reddit for example becoming laxer on the sitewide banning of that video.

I probably came across as a bit oblivious there, obviously they wouldn't just chuck someone in jail because they clicked on a link accidentally but these sort of images are definitely going to crop up for a lot of internet users in the future, I wouldn't be surprised if facebook got lax about censoring it in the future too.
    The police are laying a precedent by which they are covered to target people who are distributing it. If you don't have it saved somewhere on your computer and you have no stated intention or recorded history of sending/receiving they would have no case so you'd be fine. In saying that, the police are really flexing with this stuff. It's interesting to watch. I also get the impression the NZ police still don't understand how the internet works re; the KF email exchange.
    John D. Rockefeller award for philanthropic wanks

4. Post
    Also a lot of anime sites have hentai, which often falls into CP or objectionable categories.

5. Post
    Scatter_D wrote:
    The police are laying a precedent by which they are covered to target people who are distributing it. If you don't have it saved somewhere on your computer and you have no stated intention or recorded history of sending/receiving they would have no case so you'd be fine. In saying that, the police are really flexing with this stuff. It's interesting to watch. I also get the impression the NZ police still don't understand how the internet works re; the KF email exchange.
    Yeah exactly. They're definitely interested in people who are reposting/uploading/distributing, but they're casting a wide net because they're noobs and don't understand the internet

6. Post
    Scatter_D wrote:
    I also get the impression the NZ police still don't understand how the internet works re; the KF email exchange.
    Doesn't stop the yanks from being world internet police.

7. Post
    Scatter_D wrote:
    It does saying that viewing it is illegal however

8. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    As is viewing streams under the Copyright Act eh, but they don't necessarily go after everyone who's watching pirated streams of Game of Thrones

9. Post
    yeah fair point

10. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    As is viewing streams under the Copyright Act eh, but they don't necessarily go after everyone who's watching pirated streams of Game of Thrones
    I'm not sure they're illegal to watch, certainly illegal to broadcast though. NZ's copyright act is very focussed on the sharer.

11. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Doesn't stop the yanks from being world internet police.
    By yanks you mean Alphabet Inc, facebook, etc? Because the lobbyists from these companies write the internet laws in the USA.

ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    That's thought crime horse shit. With out a copy of the file on your computer there is nothing to prosecute. It'd be like convicting someone of a drug crime because they smelt like weed.

12. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    I'm not sure they're illegal to watch, certainly illegal to broadcast though. NZ's copyright act is very focussed on the sharer.
    It's an untested part of the legislation - I agree open to interpretation, but it's just the first analogy I could think of.

13. Post
    Scatter_D wrote:
    That's thought crime horse shit. With out a copy of the file on your computer there is nothing to prosecute. It'd be like convicting someone of a drug crime because they smelt like weed.
    Rubbish, watching a snuff video is watching a snuff video.

14. Post
    Scatter_D wrote:
    By yanks you mean Alphabet Inc, facebook, etc? Because the lobbyists from these companies write the internet laws in the USA.

Well, it still might be cached on your computer

but even then, I don't think that holds up - if I go search liveleak or something and stream the video that is very much in direct disregard for the law, same as if I was to stream CP or something

15. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Rubbish, watching a snuff video is watching a snuff video.
    Sure you watched the video but how does someone prove in a court of law you watched it without evidence?

16. Post
    Scatter_D wrote:
    Sure you watched the video but how does someone prove in a court of law you watched it without evidence?
    Access logs, IP addresses, cached data, cookies etc etc

17. Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12214191

So the nazi insulation installer has threatened that mosque before.

18. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12214191

So the nazi insulation installer has threatened that mosque before.
    I wouldn't worry about him now, doxxed by both stuff and nz herald, already known to the police, and his company is toast.

19. Post
    zippy wrote:
    I wouldn't worry about him now, doxxed by both stuff and nz herald, already known to the police, and his company is toast.
    His 20 associates need to be doxxed as well.

NZ needs it's own Emily Gorcenski.

20. Post
    zippy wrote:
    Doesn't that make him all the more likely to act out and do something though?

21. Post
    ChairmanDrew wrote:
    Doesn't that make him all the more likely to act out and do something though?
    Dudes been rocking a nazi-themed business for years and nobody noticed.

22. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    Dudes been rocking a nazi-themed business for years and nobody noticed.
    I mean that now everybody has, and his business is ruined. I hope they have a close eye on him.

23. Post

24. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Scatter_D wrote:
    Access logs, IP addresses, cached data, cookies etc etc
    But not if they used a VPN and had windows running in virtual mode with software like deep freeze to prevent stored cached data.

If anyone is paranoid, just reinstall windows after pass wiping the hard disk 7 times.

25. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Awesome. That f**kin Conway, urging people to read the manifesto - bitch.