Page 4 of 4 First 1234

1. Post
    Gamers Nexus review of it, or lack thereof is pretty damning.

2. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Gamers Nexus review of it, or lack thereof is pretty damning.

There's also a second video where he takes the controller apart ... It's a good watch.

3. Post
    Like the core product, the controller is also of low quality.

I just watched the above review and it has totally re-iterated to me why I moved away from Android OS and went to iOS. Google is extremely un-consumer friendly in it's practices and is also extremely arrogant. Having to own a Google pixel phone and download random google aps, just so you can activate your Stadia controller and then use your Windows PC to stream a game to your chromecast... wtf is this shit - not to mention I would not be surprised this process required making 5 separate accounts since google likes to keep it's services separate from eachother.
    Last edited by SirGrim; 21st November 2019 at 7:29 pm.

4. Post
    I honestly think Stadia is 5 years too early. Someone else will come along and do it better when the time is right maybe Xcloud? Weve got one more console generation at least with Physical media and Stadia is just too early and the market isnt quite ready imo.

5. Post
    Stadia: We will beat current and next gen consoles with our 10.4 teraflop GPU and our 8 Core CPU's - streaming native 4k games at 60fps!

Also Stadia: Actually some games are rendered at 1080p and look worse than current gen consoles, "Negative Latency" was also just a marketing gimmick to make you think it's not laggy, but it is.

6. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    I honestly think Stadia is 5 years too early. Someone else will come along and do it better when the time is right maybe Xcloud? Weve got one more console generation at least with Physical media and Stadia is just too early and the market isnt quite ready imo.
    Have heard good things about XCloud, and I think it's the future.

7. Post
    My feeling is as long as XCloud delivers at least the same performance as Stadia then Game Pass will give it a clear advantage with most consumers. Hardcore gamers like us won't care that much but if they market it like a mini Netflix of games then moms & pops and casual gamers will flock to it over Stadia.

8. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Stadia: We will beat current and next gen consoles with our 10.4 teraflop GPU and our 8 Core CPU's - streaming native 4k games at 60fps!

Also Stadia: Actually some games are rendered at 1080p and look worse than current gen consoles, "Negative Latency" was also just a marketing gimmick to make you think it's not laggy, but it is.

starts talking about Destiny 2, shows footage from Destiny 1 ... err

Stadia is pretty much what i expected, nothing worth even considering.

also a bit lost as why they compare console vs Stadia, they want to replace all local systems, not just consoles so should compare vs console and local PC gaming.

9. Post
    XCloud has the opportunity to be the Netflix of gaming...if they take it, sayonara Stadia.

Also, like others have said, this shit is fine for Bout 5% of the gaming pop living in super high speed lands...the rest? No.

Just no.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

10. Post
    Stadia is extra bad in NZ cause there is no Google DC

11. Post
    Bt wrote:
    NZ is geo ip blocked from the stadia website. You'll have to use a vpn to connect to their U.S servers and that alone will add 130ms extra latency at bare minimum.

12. Post

13. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Neither does MS, don't expect XCloud to be in NZ either https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/gl...ure/locations/

They have one in AU but then so does Google and they decided not to use it.

IST wrote:
    XCloud has the opportunity to be the Netflix of gaming...if they take it, sayonara Stadia.

Also, like others have said, this shit is fine for Bout 5% of the gaming pop living in super high speed lands...the rest? No.

Just no.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    XCloud will have the same input latency issues that Google have. MS can't control the user's ISP and how they route traffic. TBH this more of a litmus test for the tech in general and if it's come farther than PSNow. It hasn't.

14. Post
    EG: Shitty ISP Routing Example,

If you are on Spark or Bigpipe ( no frills Spark ), Cloudflare sites get routed from China. Company website was not breaking 4 sec load time, our host did some digging after we proved we always got routed from China . Cheaper to rout from there were they are already paying for bandwidth, than bothering to connect to local Cloudflare servers.

15. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Like the core product, the controller is also of low quality.

I just watched the above review and it has totally re-iterated to me why I moved away from Android OS and went to iOS. Google is extremely un-consumer friendly in it's practices and is also extremely arrogant. Having to own a Google pixel phone and download random google aps, just so you can activate your Stadia controller and then use your Windows PC to stream a game to your chromecast... wtf is this shit - not to mention I would not be surprised this process required making 5 separate accounts since google likes to keep it's services separate from eachother.
    i'd say stadia has just stolen the title of "the apple of gaming" from nintendo. until the pippin 2 comes along at least....

16. Post
    KaskadeNZ wrote:
    EG: Shitty ISP Routing Example,

If you are on Spark or Bigpipe ( no frills Spark ), Cloudflare sites get routed from China. Company website was not breaking 4 sec load time, our host did some digging after we proved we always got routed from China . Cheaper to rout from there were they are already paying for bandwidth, than bothering to connect to local Cloudflare servers.
    Yup, not just Cloudflare either, StackPath does the same thing. They both claim that you get to use their AU colocation server on any of their plans. However, that's just a straight up lie and they end up routing you to Singapore/Japan/HK instead.

I understand that Spark might be screwing up the peering for CF over their handling of ChCh but that doesn't excuse the other CDN's doing the same thing

*/end rant
    Last edited by BURN_BABY; 24th November 2019 at 12:20 pm.

17. Post
    More problems arising.

Turns out Stadia runs hot, literally - there are reports that running Stadia on a Google Chromcast Ultra is causing these devices to overheat and shut off or even die.
    Last edited by SirGrim; 26th November 2019 at 10:03 pm.

18. Post
    Google finally responds to complaints that games are running at 1080p instead of the promised 4K.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...me-performance

But the answer is not great news - they are blaming the developers by saying the developers are not experienced enough to develop games for their data centre platform

To quote digital foundry - What Stadia promises is Vega 56 performance and so far it's only delivered RX570 performance
    Last edited by SirGrim; 27th November 2019 at 8:42 am.

19. Post
    LOL yeah, blame the devs

20. Post
    Google Responds To Overheating Chromecast Ultra Reports And Says They’re Working As Designed

*Stadia burns down your house*
    Google:
    "It's meant to do that."
    F*cking LOL.