1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I've found that it's best to play through the main story either on your own or with someone who is at your level. The game buffs low level players to the highest level player in the group but it seems to be broken. When I was level 5 and my level 30 friend joined, I was buffed to level 29 but getting one shot. My level 30 friend didn't fare much better either...

3. Post
    The game certainly does seem designed to be played with a friend or group. For the most part ive been fine going solo but I have had to call in backup a few times even on easy.

4. Post
    My wife and I have been playing the game together exclusively, and we've found the game to be a bit too easy. Quite a few people have mentioned that they die a lot, but we've just... not. We've played about 15 hours so far and have had to respawn and walk back once in that time, and most of the time the fights have been rather trivial. We played quite a bit of the original Division when it first came out and I don't remember it being quite as easy then.

As I said, a lot of solo people have said the game is hard, so maybe there's an issue with how the scaling goes in groups? Its the problem with a persistent online world - there's no ability to just bump up the difficulty, and we've found some of the missions a bit tedious because of it.

The other issue I have with the game is gun balance. I love shotguns.. I love the idea of flanking and getting up in somebody's face and blasting them, but shotguns in this game are garbage. LMGs, on the other hand, are insanely good. I can hose 4 of 5 guys with an LMG in the same time it takes to down one guy with a shotgun, and I don't have to leave cover to do it.

5. Post
    I'm going solo. Did main missions exclusively up to about level 9 then I couldn't get past the next mission which was recommended for level 14.

Then I realised that all enemies and side missions were scaled up to your level. Did it do that in division one?

6. Post
    Excellent review Alan, top kek!

7. Post
    azarat wrote:
    My wife and I have been playing the game together exclusively, and we've found the game to be a bit too easy. Quite a few people have mentioned that they die a lot, but we've just... not. We've played about 15 hours so far and have had to respawn and walk back once in that time, and most of the time the fights have been rather trivial. We played quite a bit of the original Division when it first came out and I don't remember it being quite as easy then.

As I said, a lot of solo people have said the game is hard, so maybe there's an issue with how the scaling goes in groups? Its the problem with a persistent online world - there's no ability to just bump up the difficulty, and we've found some of the missions a bit tedious because of it.

The other issue I have with the game is gun balance. I love shotguns.. I love the idea of flanking and getting up in somebody's face and blasting them, but shotguns in this game are garbage. LMGs, on the other hand, are insanely good. I can hose 4 of 5 guys with an LMG in the same time it takes to down one guy with a shotgun, and I don't have to leave cover to do it.
    Seems lots of people are having vastly different experiences. I had the pre-order shotgun (level 2) and was still using it at level 14 to melt people. The AA12 variants were also quite god like but ran out of ammo too quick to be a go-to gun (the total ammo pool was only about 4-5 mags). I stayed away from LMGS; the RPK was rubbish and any of the belt feed guns were too inaccurate over distance.
    I like running with the Model 700 and a good AR; the CTAR-21 is probably the best gun in the game. Accuracy and stability seem to be the only stats that actually make a difference. If you can max those and get an extended on your AR (72 rounds for most ARs) you should have zero problems close, mid or long range.
    I've been going solo and while challenging at times it's far from being hard; you just can't expect to be able to light up enemy's without having a decent L-shaped cover. I usually deploy my auto turret to watch my back and flanks rather than take out enemies in front of me. The chem launcher is my other skill; I never need to use armour packs.
    A friend pre-ordered the $170 digital version and got to level 30 during the early access period. Other friends played end game stuff with him at the general release and got to level 30 without doing much of the campaign; now they're finding the story missions a bit tedious. Going solo or playing with a others who are at your level seems to make for the most enjoyable experience in my opinion.

8. Post
    Closed beta was enough for me to go "Yep, I'm getting this!". Didn't play the open beta at all. Playing solo and co-op with Mountain Slayer mainly, and loving it. Am level 18. Will hook up with the other guys in the unofficial PS4 GP clan over time, when I've levelled up a bit more.

Rocking an LMG with a 120 round mag, which is great for close or medium range tangos, and a Socom Mk17 with a 60 round mag and a grip that totally maxes out stability (only reduces fire rate by 10%), plus an 8x scope. Seems to be a rock solid combo for my play style. Turret + offensive drone work well as a pair, as they both tend to draw enemy attention, and the drone is good for keeping bosses and yellow-bar enemies occupied.

9. Post
    gooseman77 wrote:
    Seems lots of people are having vastly different experiences. I had the pre-order shotgun (level 2) and was still using it at level 14 to melt people. The AA12 variants were also quite god like but ran out of ammo too quick to be a go-to gun (the total ammo pool was only about 4-5 mags). I stayed away from LMGS; the RPK was rubbish and any of the belt feed guns were too inaccurate over distance.
    I like running with the Model 700 and a good AR; the CTAR-21 is probably the best gun in the game. Accuracy and stability seem to be the only stats that actually make a difference. If you can max those and get an extended on your AR (72 rounds for most ARs) you should have zero problems close, mid or long range.
    I've been going solo and while challenging at times it's far from being hard; you just can't expect to be able to light up enemy's without having a decent L-shaped cover. I usually deploy my auto turret to watch my back and flanks rather than take out enemies in front of me. The chem launcher is my other skill; I never need to use armour packs.
    A friend pre-ordered the $170 digital version and got to level 30 during the early access period. Other friends played end game stuff with him at the general release and got to level 30 without doing much of the campaign; now they're finding the story missions a bit tedious. Going solo or playing with a others who are at your level seems to make for the most enjoyable experience in my opinion.
    As I said, I've been playing with my wife. She uses DMRs, think she has a Model 700 at the moment, with an AR (I think) in case anything gets too close. She uses the Hive and Chem Launcher, both with the armour replenishment. I use an AR + LMG combo with a sawn-off in the pistol slot with Cluster Seeker + standard Drone skills. We're at level 15 at the moment IIRC. We do a mixture of main/side missions and open world content. Enough that I think we are generally a level above the main missions.

It just seems that the difficulty is tuned poorly for groups. There's too many red enemies, too few purple and yellow. I'm sure its fine for solo play where enemy flanks are much more dangerous, but with a duo who can usually prevent a flank and with two sets of skills, the enemies need more health to draw attention for longer. We've played for about 16-18 hours I think, and in that time we've had an actual prolonged and interesting fight on a handful of occasions. The rest of the time it has been just hosing enemies and moving on.

Not trying to humblebrag either. My wife and I are decent gamers, but by no means elite. And I don't remember the original Division being like this; I distinctly remember doing missions where basically every mob was purple. I guess that could still happen in later missions, but its hard to be enthused when there's a whole ton of walking and almost every fight is just wasting trivial enemies.

10. Post
    ^have you tried doing the main missions on a higher difficulty setting?

11. Post
    Finding the game a lot more challenging. Have to make use of cover a lot more as well as grenandes. One thing I don't like is the AI in gun battles seem to know where you are at all times.