Page 1 of 7 1234 ... Last
Results 1 to 25 of 152

  1. Sad
    #1

    New Playtech website

    Looks like they dropped their premium web developer for a shopify one.

    Cheesus

  2. Post
    #2
    Yeah I don't entirely disagree that it looks pretty tacky / messy. Right now the sales banners are larger than the frames they're populating in so you can't read them :|

    Functionally it appears like a bit of an upgrade; lots are filters that seem to work properly which isn't as common as it should be lol

    Still better than Computer Lounge

  3. Post
    #3
    Honestly, it looks like a free shopify template. Its horrid

  4. Post
    #4
    I see Paradigm changed their website too (been a while since I had been on)

  5. Post
    #5
    Great Odin's beard that's noisy.

    Bin the 'Hot Categories' and 'Brands' from the homepage, useless filler.

    Lol, 'HERE IS PROMOTION BLOCK'

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	promo.PNG 
Views:	192 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	225578

    They're using these guys:
    https://www.magebinary.com/prestashop
    Whom do prestashop implementations:
    https://www.prestashop.com/en

    Lol:
    https://www.magebinary.com/magento
    "> SEE OUR WORK" - doesn't work
    "> WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT" - doesn't work
    "> FIND OUT MORE" - doesn't do anything

    Luckily they don't cite attention to detail as being one of their strengths.

  6. Post
    #6
    Looking at their client list explains a lot about some piss poor websites recently lol

  7. Post
    #7
    Blitz^ wrote:
    I see Paradigm changed their website too (been a while since I had been on)
    aw man, everytime I went there it was a bit of nostalgia

  8. Post
    #8
    Doesn't even work for me, I get unresponsive script errors on FF mobile.

    Seems to be in this script somewhere, on line 6 https://www.playtech.co.nz/skin/fron...uction.js?v0.8

    Also half of the projects on the Mage Binary projects page don't go anywhere?
    Last edited by BURN_BABY; 24th March 2019 at 2:46 pm.

  9. Post
    #9
    I wondered why Warranty and Support was offset on my picture above. If you highlight it, it has an icon while the others don't. The icon must have been intended for a black background as it is white, then again it likely wasn't intended at all.

  10. Post
    #10
    That whole menu cant be closed by clicking off lol...you have to actually click the x close button.

  11. Post
    #11
    nzbleach wrote:
    Looks like they dropped their premium web developer for a shopify one.

    Cheesus
    Thanks for the feedback The website is still sitting in Magento. I believe you are running a small screen <1440px so the website looks messy. Our first stage focus is mainly large > 1440px and mobile screens.

    Lots of features are implemented from scratch and it's not a template from a theme store or something.

    How was the mobile experience? Happy to take in everything's feedback and send back to the business.

    Cheers,
    Mage team.

  12. Post
    #12
    Equity wrote:
    That whole menu cant be closed by clicking off lol...you have to actually click the x close button.
    No problem. Will sort this next week. 2 lines of javascript code. The reason that we implemented this way is to encourage visitors to use search than manually filtering categories.

    - - - Updated - - -

    suntoucher wrote:
    I wondered why Warranty and Support was offset on my picture above. If you highlight it, it has an icon while the others don't. The icon must have been intended for a black background as it is white, then again it likely wasn't intended at all.
    Yes there is an icon. I have suggested the client to remove the line so everything looks consistent.

  13. Post
    #13
    defiant wrote:
    aw man, everytime I went there it was a bit of nostalgia
    haha sorry to hear man. Since it's a new website and it was a huge projects. There are still lots of thing requires tuning up. I think one of the main issue probably was the home page slider. How were the other pages? eg, product detail / product listing pages? what are the top 3 things bugging you?

    - - - Updated - - -

    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Doesn't even work for me, I get unresponsive script errors on FF mobile.

    Seems to be in this script somewhere, on line 6 https://www.playtech.co.nz/skin/fron...uction.js?v0.8

    Also half of the projects on the Mage Binary projects page don't go anywhere?
    Just tested on my s8+ with FF mobile. It works all fine? where did you see the error?

  14. Post
    #14
    iRoN wrote:
    Looking at their client list explains a lot about some piss poor websites recently lol
    um? We have builts lots of website and we are finding the conversion rates are going up since the new built?

    - - - Updated - - -

    suntoucher wrote:
    Great Odin's beard that's noisy.

    Bin the 'Hot Categories' and 'Brands' from the homepage, useless filler.

    Lol, 'HERE IS PROMOTION BLOCK'

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	promo.PNG 
Views:	192 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	225578

    They're using these guys:
    https://www.magebinary.com/prestashop
    Whom do prestashop implementations:
    https://www.prestashop.com/en

    Lol:
    https://www.magebinary.com/magento
    "> SEE OUR WORK" - doesn't work
    "> WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT" - doesn't work
    "> FIND OUT MORE" - doesn't do anything

    Luckily they don't cite attention to detail as being one of their strengths.
    HAHA! yes they dont work. We are just spending too much time for client's work atm and never had time to look after our own website. Will fix these first thing next week. Thanks for posting it up. How does our website look?

  15. Post
    #15
    magebinary wrote:
    um? We have builts lots of website and we are finding the conversion rates are going up since the new built?

    - - - Updated - - -



    HAHA! yes they dont work. We are just spending too much time for client's work atm and never had time to look after our own website. Will fix these first thing next week. Thanks for posting it up. How does our website look?
    BTW, we asked the client to come up with a promotion block image and they finally came back to us this week. Will put up first thing next week.

  16. Post
    #16
    nzbleach wrote:
    Honestly, it looks like a free shopify template. Its horrid
    HAHA. It's not man. It took us long time to work out the overall layout of the website. It's just the first version and it will never be perfect. Usually project in playtech's size, will take couple of months to tweak. What is your screen size?

    - - - Updated - - -

    iRoN wrote:
    Yeah I don't entirely disagree that it looks pretty tacky / messy. Right now the sales banners are larger than the frames they're populating in so you can't read them :|

    Functionally it appears like a bit of an upgrade; lots are filters that seem to work properly which isn't as common as it should be lol

    Still better than Computer Lounge
    what is your screen resolution?
    Last edited by magebinary; 24th March 2019 at 10:51 pm.

  17. Post
    #17
    magebinary wrote:
    um? We have builts lots of website and we are finding the conversion rates are going up since the new built?
    I'm sure the customers like the product, no disputes there. Sales speak loudest and no doubt drive those conversion rates, and as I said the function looks like it's there.

    As a user of their websites, my biggest frustration is trying to navigate to pages that seem like they should exist, but don't. Feels like they're perpetually in a beta or alpha state.

    This includes buttons/icons that clearly represent a feature or piece of info but aren't actually interact-able, or just missing features completely, for a specific example: when I used Oxipay (circa 1-2 years ago) the FAQ states you can make extra payments and to 'click here' to do so; all this would do however is take you to your payment schedule screen, on which there is no functionality to make payments. Or that banner on the Playtech website that talks about shipping or payment options - only they're not buttons nor do they tell me what shipping or payment options are available, so what's the point?

    Kind of like the same feedback about your own website where there are clearly missing pages/links ">SEE OUR WORK" etc - all feels like someone has grabbed someone else's template and forgotten to fill in all of the gaps. Not trying to make a personal dig or anything but it's the small details like that which makes something feel amateur/homebrew versus polished by a professional that's at least QA'd their work before publishing.

    I'm using a 3440x1440 monitor - with the modular layout of the promo banners, the images themselves seem pretty low res and are therefore either too small to read or enlarged and pixelated, obscuring most of the banner within the frame.
    Last edited by iRoN; 24th March 2019 at 7:57 pm.

  18. Post
    #18
    magebinary wrote:
    How does our website look?
    \_(ツ)_/

    It just looks like a regular modern aesthetic mobile-first eCommerce site.

    I don't do any shopping on mobile so not really a large fan but it looks usable enough. Although the search needs some work, unless I'm looking for something very specific (GTX 1660 Ti) I don't usually use search bars.

    I tried to put myself in the shoes of a non-IT person looking for items.

    I searched Mouse and didn't get a mouse until item 6, then no more until item 29. Some of the items are mouse pads, which are legit, but I don't understand why I get so many keyboards that aren't keyboard mouse combos.

    I searched RAM and didn't actually get any sticks of RAM on the first page.

    Navigating, the RAM I can access without a page reload, but not a mouse.

    Search should be prioritising categories before item descriptions, this just seems like it's doing description only.

    Also it's just very noisy, the prices on the front page are too small the "Financial Options" and "ptc" don't need to be mentioned and the View Product is just unnecessary. The gap between the title and the product info is larger than the gaps between products, combined with the lack of clear distinction between products your eyes just roll past the items. When you get to the products on the home page the layout encourages you to keep scrolling (lots of vertical lines and no horizontal breaks).

    And man the Categories/Shop section is slow to load. Almost a full second when hovering over a new section.

  19. Post
    #19
    I went into a product, and Add to Cart is smaller and less visible than Add All to Cart which presents three tiny items with no info.

    All that's going to achieve is people accidentally clicking All All to Cart then getting frustrated, no one is coming to buy a $79 keyboard and spending $700 on items they can barely see.
    https://www.playtech.co.nz/ducky-abs...otm-black.html

    Amazon has it right, add the item to cart, oh by the way these are often bought together, maybe you should check them out as well.

    And this contrast is shit:
    Attachment 225584

    First and foremost, "Buy this item before you change your mind" then second, "Upsell other stuff". The add to cart part on a product seems like an afterthought.

    And is it just me or are the fonts on absolutely everything needing emphasis tiny? And surrounded by huge white space.

    Edit: And there is just way too many colours with no consistent meaning linking them together (for buttons etc).

    The product thumbs should be like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	homepage.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	225585
    With something to clearly separate them from the section below. Maybe truncate long titles, add an ellipses and increase the font size.

    This is what they are now:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbs.PNG 
Views:	27 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	225586
    Last edited by suntoucher; 24th March 2019 at 9:27 pm.

  20. Post
    #20
    hey! We haven't had any chance to tweak on the search results atm. However, we are using an engine called - Algolia for all search queries. I'm sure lots can be done in the short frame of time.



    I searched Mouse and didn't get a mouse until item 6, then no more until item 29. Some of the items are mouse pads, which are legit, but I don't understand why I get so many keyboards that aren't keyboard mouse combos.

    Agree the search needs some work. However, when you search mouse, there should be mouse category pop-up in the search? Maybe we should implement the reasults in the popup into the search page too. This might make people's life easier.

    I searched RAM and didn't actually get any sticks of RAM on the first page.

    When you search ram, there should be a RAM category pop up?

    Navigating, the RAM I can access without a page reload, but not a mouse.

    um? What do you mean?

    Search should be prioritising categories before item descriptions, this just seems like it's doing description only.


    Yea agree. Will implement this shortly.

    Also it's just very noisy, the prices on the front page are too small the "Financial Options" and "ptc" don't need to be mentioned and the View Product is just unnecessary. The gap between the title and the product info is larger than the gaps between products, combined with the lack of clear distinction between products your eyes just roll past the items. When you get to the products on the home page the layout encourages you to keep scrolling (lots of vertical lines and no horizontal breaks).


    Prooduct tiles are so important for PT's site since they don't have the full spec in the description sometimes. eg, when you are buying a pc with certrain spec, they only have the info on the title but not other places.

    The finiance option is just a quick widget for people to know their options without opening the page. have you try to hover on it?

    Yea the recommanded for you part is done through AI. It's kind of guessing what you might like if you don't like the product in the current page. That is kind of the trick for ecom


    And man the Categories/Shop section is slow to load. Almost a full second when hovering over a new section.

    HAHA! YES. we know this issue man. There are couple of places requires tweaking to make it lighting fast.


    All that's going to achieve is people accidentally clicking All All to Cart then getting frustrated, no one is coming to buy a $79 keyboard and spending $700 on items they can barely see.


    Good point. WIll talk to the UI about this.

    And is it just me or are the fonts on absolutely everything needing emphasis tiny? And surrounded by huge white space.

    Edit: And there is just way too many colours with no consistent meaning linking them together (for buttons etc).


    Can you please send me a full screenshot of what you see? And one of the design requirement was ---------> colorful / playful haha.

    Overall, thanks for the feedback. Will feed this into the team and the client.

  21. Post
    #21
    suntoucher wrote:
    Lol:
    https://www.magebinary.com/magento
    "> SEE OUR WORK" - doesn't work
    "> WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT" - doesn't work
    "> FIND OUT MORE" - doesn't do anything

    Luckily they don't cite attention to detail as being one of their strengths.
    Lol most links on most pages are just dead links or #.

    magebinary wrote:
    HAHA! yes they dont work. We are just spending too much time for client's work atm and never had time to look after our own website. Will fix these first thing next week. Thanks for posting it up.
    Not the best look for potential clients, if websites are your business then you'd hope that the company you're looking at contracting to work on your own would have a functional site of their own.

    magebinary wrote:
    How does our website look?
    Everything looks enormous and busy, but some nice effects and design though.

  22. Post
    #22
    Stasis wrote:
    Lol most links on most pages are just dead links or #.


    Not the best look for potential clients, if websites are your business then you'd hope that the company you're looking at contracting to work on your own would have a functional site of their own.


    Everything looks enormous and busy, but some nice effects and design though.
    And yes you are right! Fixed all issue in magento page just now. Will fix couple of more tomorrow. Our UX already point out about thing are too big. We just didn't have time for our self to tune it up.

    What is your thoughts for PT website?

  23. Post
    #23
    With increased popularity of ordering from AliExpress and Banggood, I have a feeling they've gone for that look.

    The 'mass amounts of content at cheap prices' look.

    The pink / black gradient as their new brand looks dirty.

    Just hope Playtech have a designer on the team because leaving it up to staff to produce content to go inside the new carousel and grid work of sales is going to make the site look hodge podge.

    Also, mobile version has different logo to desktop version. I'm assuming the mobile version is using an updated logo. Which I kinda like, I mean, it's not Neuropol which is always great. Kerning needs to be loosened up a bit I feel.

  24. Post
    #24
    magebinary wrote:
    And yes you are right! Fixed all issue in magento page just now. Will fix couple of more tomorrow. Our UX already point out about thing are too big. We just didn't have time for our self to tune it up.
    magebinary wrote:
    What is your thoughts for PT website?
    This:
    Rii wrote:
    With increased popularity of ordering from AliExpress and Banggood, I have a feeling they've gone for that look.

    The 'mass amounts of content at cheap prices' look.

    The pink / black gradient as their new brand looks dirty.

    Just hope Playtech have a designer on the team because leaving it up to staff to produce content to go inside the new carousel and grid work of sales is going to make the site look hodge podge.

    Also, mobile version has different logo to desktop version. I'm assuming the mobile version is using an updated logo. Which I kinda like, I mean, it's not Neuropol which is always great. Kerning needs to be loosened up a bit I feel.
    I suppose it's an iterative process though. And yeah, without someone there maintaining material nicely it's going to look like hot garbage pretty fast, that's on playtech though.

  25. Post
    #25
    So the speed went from absolute dog shit to just shit. Well done /s
    Even the most basic page takes 6-7seconds to load. what is this 1999?
    Took my ad blocker/script blocking off and now its even slower....