Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    I think you should be safe with Doom Eternal..the movie on the other hand, that looks like a turd.

2. Post
    Yeh that's nothing like what you were saying.

That's just saying they wanted to represent women models in their game. Which we all know - they've said that.

Nothing about making it more 'appealing' to women gamers.

3. Post
    girls in MY Game??!?!?!?!? reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(although this game is bad, but not simply because they are girls, 2 guys would be just as cringey with this writing)

4. Post
    Kog wrote:
    girls in MY Game??!?!?!?!? reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(although this game is bad, but not simply because they are girls, 2 guys would be just as cringey with this writing)
    Agreed. If the writing & the game overall is shit it doesn't make a difference what gender the protagonists are. A shit game is a shit game regardless.

5. Post
    Played a bit of this since it dropped into Xbox Game Pass. It's fine, it's terribleness in terms of gameplay loop and systems was greatly exaggerated.

The characters are utterly obnoxious though. F*ck them to hell.

6. Post
    Started playing, feels very looter shooter compared to WS2.

7. Post
    IIRC they fixed or otherwise got rid of the quite clearly deliberate artificial grind and bullet sponginess of enemies yeah? I should give it a look if that is true

8. Post
    Yes and no. It's still jarring to me to have to keep going through areas you've cleared, to find all the enemies have respawned. Checkpoints can be pretty far apart.

I think most people didn't quite know what the game was meant to be. Wolfenstein I and II were well crafted single player story driven shooters where level design was about driving you towards story set pieces.

This is quite the contrast and it's not well executed in terms of traversal. Travelling through previous areas to get somewhere new, even though there's fast travel, it won't get you all the way there half the time, and then finding not only have enemies re spawned but they are leveled up and in your way.