Reasons to be offended

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)

1. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    Also Rugby Australia told him to can it and said it didn't line up with their values but he kept it up so they gave him the boot.
    This.

2. Post
    dickytim wrote:
    Again, what he has said is preaching the bible and not hate speech.

If you fall into the group he mentioned then according to his beliefs you are going to hell.

If you call into those groups likelihood is you don't believe in hell anyway so what is the problem?

To also reiterate, I don't agree with what he has said, I fall into a number of the groups, but since I don't believe in hell what harm has it done? Its about time the PC brigade got on their horses and ****ed off.
    plenty of shit in the bible is hate speech. that's why it was used to justify slavery, amongst other assorted atrocities throughout history.

"It's in the bible!" isn't a defence.

3. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    it's pretty ****ing offensive regardless of whether it was in the bible or not, nice spicy take there.

Also Rugby Australia told him to can it and said it didn't line up with their values but he kept it up so they gave him the boot.

Not really that hard to comprehend
    Funny enough Folua used to appear on tv ads promoting gay acceptance in rugby Australia

Somewhere along the line he became radicalised and now wants to become a priest at his church to keep spouting this nonsense

4. Post
    Just saw a change.org petition pop up on my FB feed to get this clown's GoFundMe campaign shut down. Currently just shy of 23,000. I've signed. Cheeky c**t.

5. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    plenty of shit in the bible is hate speech. that's why it was used to justify slavery, amongst other assorted atrocities throughout history.

"It's in the bible!" isn't a defence.
    Freedom of religious expression is absolutely a defence however, and the bible defending slavery? Suggest you read some of it before opening mouth.

I am still to see how what he said is hate speech, and "I don't agree with him is not a reason to label it as hate speech, or to bully him to the extent that he has been.

And FYI there was nothing in his contract about this, RA ****ed this up royally, and now I hope they get theirs.

6. Post
    Private organizations can and frequently do place limitations on what their employees can and cannot say as public facing agents of the organization. Folou was repeatedly told that his conduct, of declaring sectors of the population to be hellbound sinners worthy of eternal torment, was in violation, and he violated that.

I hope he gets bankrupted by the legal fees.

7. Post
    dickytim wrote:
    Freedom of religious expression is absolutely a defence however, and the bible defending slavery? Suggest you read some of it before opening mouth.

I am still to see how what he said is hate speech, and "I don't agree with him is not a reason to label it as hate speech, or to bully him to the extent that he has been.

And FYI there was nothing in his contract about this, RA ****ed this up royally, and now I hope they get theirs.
    Sounds like you're progressively getting closer an closer to spouting the real reason you support him lol

8. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    Sounds like you're progressively getting closer an closer to spouting the real reason you support him lol
    I support him, because what he is fighting for is everyone's rights of expression. I know the bible because I was brought up with it, I no longer believe in it however.

A private organisation can ask you to not do something, unless it is against your human rights, which in this case it absolutely is, just because YOU don't like it doesn't make it hate speech.

9. Post
    oh wait are you one of those memers who don't understand how freedom of speech works and think it extends to every aspect of life?

10. Post
    The page has been taken down now anyway. Money getting refunded.

11. Post
    Being accused of doing something you didn't do. Worse feeling ever.

12. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    oh wait are you one of those memers who don't understand how freedom of speech works and think it extends to every aspect of life?
    Not at all, but freedom of religious expression is a fundamental human right, this human right has been taken away from him, end of story.

You can't argue inclusion with exclusion.

13. Post
    Good. Can't believe it was allowed in the first place. A millionaire sportsman asking for public donations. Give me a break

14. Post
    for ****s sakes, freedom of speech does not equal freedom of consequence, he was told not to do something, he continued to do it, they fired him. waaaaaaaaaaaah

15. Post
    dickytim wrote:
    Not at all, but freedom of religious expression is a fundamental human right, this human right has been taken away from him, end of story.

Lol "end of story". Nobody took his freedom of expression. There's a time and place for that

16. Post
    dickytim wrote:

A) He's still spouting his homophobic bullshit, so he obviously hasn't had his right taken from him. He has had a platform which he was not entitled to taken from him.

B) An inclusive society requires intolerance be excluded.

17. Post
    NZ Also doesn't have a freedom of speech law. As far as I know, it's only America that has that left.

18. Post
    Ha https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...page-shut-down

> Israel Folau's GoFundMe page shut down

19. Post
    lol good. shouldn't even be news tbh

20. Post
    dickytim wrote:

Forcing your personal religious views on others in not a right.
    If you think being gay is bad and like Folua you think gays will go to hell then so be it, but don’t use a public medium to spew your views. I totally disagree with anyone who feels so insecure that they need to push their views on others, this includes people talking about religion publicly, telling people they are going to hell and trying to convert them to your version of a bedtime story

This is one area I can agree with in Chinas approach - keep your religion to yourself and in your own home and not in public

21. Post
    dickytim wrote:

St4lk3r wrote:
    for ****s sakes, freedom of speech does not equal freedom of consequence, he was told not to do something, he continued to do it, they fired him. waaaaaaaaaaaah
    Tim-dickhead have a lift plus

22. Post
    dickytim wrote:
    No it hasn't. He has made a choice between his job and his right to be an asshole. He chose the latter.

23. Post
    Why are people here so dumb? I mean that with respect, but you all have the brain capacity of a leaking toilet bowl. It's like trying to engage with a wet rag.

Firstly, NZ certainly does have a freedom of speech law. Not that it is relevant at all for an Australian. Secondly, his freedom of speech was not impinged in any way because he was not censured by a government owned entity but by a private company. If the Australian govt had harassed him in anyway, then yes, it would have been illegal. Not so from privately owned companies.

I understand this may be a bit hard to grasp for mouth breathing feebleminded cretins but at least try and attach two neurons together from time to time.

24. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Ha https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...page-shut-down

> Israel Folau's GoFundMe page shut down
    ...... and the Lord taketh away!

25. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Firstly, NZ certainly does have a freedom of speech law.
    The right to freedom of speech is not explicitly protected by common law in New Zealand but is encompassed in a wide range of doctrines aimed at protecting free speech.
    Not the same thing pal.