Reasons to be offended

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)

1. Post
    Timmi wrote:
    surprised how many pro-homosexual individuals there are that are anti religion.

science is pretty close to solving the immune condition which is the leading hypothesis for what causes homosexuality.

If the solution is successful, game theory doesn't have a positive outlook on homosexuality.. I'd find it pretty ****ed up to watch a kind of human head towards extinction because of logic and I'd guess it would cause even more torment if it was your own kind.

so while I think religious dogma is stupid, subjective belief is one of the best tools we have to fight against the machine.
    You ****ing what?

2. Post
    Timmi wrote:

science is pretty close to solving the immune condition which is the leading hypothesis for what causes homosexuality.
    Please kind sir do explain. My googling powers are quite infamous, but this one escapes me. The "immune condition" ???

3. Post
    massive wrote:
    Please kind sir do explain. My googling powers are quite infamous, but this one escapes me. The "immune condition" ???
    Probably the thing about a mother's body developing antibodies to male foetuses after repeated male pregnancies.

4. Post
    Timmi wrote:
    Pro-homosexual or pro-"Don't be a ****"? And of course people who are for people not being ****s will have issues with belief systems that people justify to use being ****s.

5. Post
    NaCh0 wrote:
    Lmao what a privileged thing to say
    Yeah.

6. Post
    Lmao what the heck

7. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Pro-homosexual or pro-"Don't be a ****"? And of course people who are for people not being ****s will have issues with belief systems that people justify to use being ****s.
    ****ing. This.

8. Post
    Timmi wrote:

If the solution is successful, game theory doesn't have a positive outlook on homosexuality.. I'd find it pretty ****ed up to watch a kind of human head towards extinction because of logic and I'd guess it would cause even more torment if it was your own kind.

so while I think religious dogma is stupid, subjective belief is one of the best tools we have to fight against the machine.
    Was this entire post a typo

9. Post
    Timmi wrote:

genuine wtf?

10. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Probably the thing about a mother's body developing antibodies to male foetuses after repeated male pregnancies.
    the real cause of male homosexuality is giving them prostates as if they're not going to stimulate them tbh

11. Post
    sorry I was way to out of it last night to be posting

Edward Diego wrote:
    It's this, science trying to work out what causes people to be gay. There was more research done last year that found a link between a specific antibody the mother releases and homosexuality. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5777026/ In addition, after statistically controlling for number of pregnancies, mothers of gay sons, particularly those with older brothers, had significantly higher anti-NLGN4Y levels than did the control samples of women, including mothers of heterosexual sons. The results suggest an association between a maternal immune response to NLGN4Y and subsequent sexual orientation in male offspring.

I just don't like this kind of research and where it's heading, feels wrong for me. I've been reviewing game theory and I put it in that perspective probably from a lack of sleep when I shouldn't have.

I didn't mean religion as in the dogma against homosexuals I meant a broader collective subjective belief

12. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Pro-homosexual
    hate to go against the grain here but there's a difference between being pro-LGBT and "don't really mind eh as long as they don't do it around me" which seems to be the average NZ male attitude

13. Post
    Can you expand? Pro-homosexual wasn't my wording btw.

14. Post
    I haven't read most of the thread, but I thought the conversation was "pro-homosexual? what about just pro-not being a dickhead" and I'm saying there's still a large gap in between

15. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    I haven't read most of the thread, but I thought the conversation was "pro-homosexual? what about just pro-not being a dickhead" and I'm saying there's still a large gap in between
    Sure, no doubt. You can feel uncomfortable about homosexuality, or genuinely believe that they're going to go to hell, but realise it's not acceptable to act on it or express, and keep it to yourself, and that way you're not being a dick, right?
    Last edited by Edward Diego; 26th June 2019 at 2:04 pm.

16. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    not acceptable to act on it or express, and keep it to yourself
    Interesting choice of words, not long ago that's what we told the gays.

17. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    It is. But they're not the ones conditioned by culture to tell other people how to live their lives. It's not like they're posting shit on Instagram saying that being straight will send you to hell.

18. Wink
    I've got something to be offended about...

I'm offended that mobile phones these days are more powerful than most my early computers.

19. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Using your religious beliefs to act like a prick is a conscious choice, sexuality isn't a choice at all.

20. Post
    but what if I’m born religious

21. Post
    Timmi wrote:
    sorry I was way to out of it last night to be posting
    What you posted came across quite badly, but I got to give you credit for having the stones to cop to it.

22. Post
    I'm kind of pissed that Folau is being used by Christians in Australia (and probably the US) to enshrine religious freedoms into law.

It smacks of Republican tactics, e.g the recent banning of abortions in some states in America to set up a Supreme Court ruling.

23. Post
    While I'm probably in the minority - personally I have no problem with Mr Folau telling me I'm going to hell for x y or z, if that is what he believes he can go for it. I don't have to like it but I prefer he be able to say it (i.e without impending financial "consequences" to shut him up) - Just like I prefer anyone who disagrees with me to be able to tell me how much of a giant idiot I am (which is frequent and not unfounded) rather then just bottle it up.

It's also fair to say it's not about me, it's about the public and the groups that it comprises of, but they don't have to like it or agree with it either. I believe attempting to protect or shield groups from words doesn't really help anyone, it just shoves it under the carpet.

Whether that should be protected under law regarding employment contracts etc.... I don't know, hypothetically if an employee is posting this stuff explicitly as a representative of a company/organisation/etc and it's against the terms of their contract I wouldn't think said employee has much of a leg to stand on. If they wanted that level of freedom they probably shouldn't have signed a contract of that nature (not saying that is the case regarding Folau, I don't know enough of the details etc)

24. Post
    It's so funny watching someone who was given a golden ticket in life throw it away to *checks notes* post crap on social media

25. Post
    Can Izzy Folau **** off already?

Man he is annoying and watching his interviews on YouTube - the guy doesn't sound too bright either. His head must've been concussed from playing too much footy.

I don't agree with his views, I believe people should live their life the way they want.