1. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    How long? They paid out mine the day after I filed.
    Couple of weeks now.

2. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:
    Couple of weeks now.
    Do you have your bank account setup for direct credit/debit?

3. Post
    I got 6 fiddy last week, waxed it all on BTC

4. Post
    I got $0.59 and the letter says they don't pay out until your account balance is $1.00 so my account will just sit $0.59 in credit. I know the amount makes no difference but I expect it doesn't work the same the other way and if you owed $0.59 you would be given a bill and a due date.

5. Post
    I thought they wrote off anything under $1?

6. Post
    $13.86 refund. See you later peasants.

7. Post
    Galent wrote:
    $13.86 refund. See you later peasants.
    Take your hat off boy; thats a dollar bill!

8. Post
    $223 for me

9. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Do you have your bank account setup for direct credit/debit?
    Yeah, I rang them about it and they said it will be up to 10 weeks because I returned to the country part way through the year which makes it longer to process or some shit.

10. Post
    $1700 bill for me.

I work for wages, no extra income, no over time pay. So my pay is the same every week. Every year before I've had a small refund.

Only thing that has changed was I got a pay rise about a month ago, (certainly not enough to warrant an extra $1700 tax).

Office lady at work has triple checked her PAYE calculations as per the IRD site and is sure she has done it right.

What in tarnations do I do now? Go through and check it all my self I guess?

11. Post
    orac12 wrote:
    Go through and check it all my self I guess?
    Yup.

When I was checking the numbers for someone else, I noticed that IRD is being really dodgy in not showing the ACC Levy deducted then deducting it at the final step resulting in a bill that didn't seem right. The ACC Levy should've already been deducted in PAYE, I couldn't figure out why they were deducting it on the return. AND I couldn't seem to find a calculator to tell me what the ACC Levy is supposed to be.

12. Post
    I'm a bit worried, I changed jobs 3 years ago and had a pay increase each year but didnt bother checking my tax myself, now I could be in for some hurt.

13. Post
    Looks like IRD have decided to start running Student Loan repayment calculations separately now, too. I was checking the numbers for someone who got a refund, and noticed Student Loan was underpaid quite a bit by their employer. IRD randomly decided to start deducting more from their pay for it rather than just offset it against their refund. Wtf.

14. Post
    i got $600 GST refund, does that count?

15. Post
    What system are they using? I could hazard a guess...

16. Post
    $12 and a letter saying I should change my tax code with my kiwisaver provider...

17. Post
    $200 bill + need to change PIR rate (KS). I called about the rate when I changed jobs and was told I was already on the correct one oh well. Fixed it now so hopefully I won't have a bill next year

18. Post
    Huskie wrote:
    $200 bill + need to change PIR rate (KS). I called about the rate when I changed jobs and was told I was already on the correct one oh well. Fixed it now so hopefully I won't have a bill next year
    Lul. They'll bill people for having a kiwisaver rate too low, but won't refund people who had theirs too high.

19. Post
    Typical really - expect payment ASAP, but no rush at all when they owe you money!

20. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Yup.

When I was checking the numbers for someone else, I noticed that IRD is being really dodgy in not showing the ACC Levy deducted then deducting it at the final step resulting in a bill that didn't seem right. The ACC Levy should've already been deducted in PAYE, I couldn't figure out why they were deducting it on the return. AND I couldn't seem to find a calculator to tell me what the ACC Levy is supposed to be.
    I wondered this too....I had used the basic IRD tax on income calculator and it suggests my mrs has paid more tax than she needs and would be due a refund...like >1k difference. But she has just got a bill for $460....Does this calculator exclude the ACC component? Looking at the IRD break down, she underpaid RWT, but that is only about $200.....

21. Post
    Huskie wrote:
    Yep, $212 bill here...

22. Post
    Gawd damn it, I have $500+ income tax to pay, I started a new job late last year and thought I was on a automatic tax deduction process.

Well my PC upgrade can wait

23. Post
    I got just over $3. Yay!

24. Post
    $130 odd refund. Better than a bill so I'll take it!

25. Post
    Got a $270 bill. I guess it's from when I changed jobs last year and got my leave paid out. Stink.