Page 5 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
Results 101 to 125 of 148

  1. Post
    Owed $4.5k contractor/LL life

  2. Post
    Hypno wrote:
    Bill of 460, attempted to pay it last night and IRD have taken it twice from my account today
    :popcorn:

  3. Post
    Hypno wrote:
    Bill of 460, attempted to pay it last night and IRD have taken it twice from my account today
    Screw them, they can have mine in Feb

  4. Post
    detonator7 wrote:
    IRD are like: "If you underpaid your Kiwisaver tax then here's a bill to have it corrected. If you overpaid your Kiwisaver tax then it's your fault LOL THNX"


    Yeah, assholes.

    If youre not sure, may as well just leave it at the lowest rate and pay the difference at end of year.

  5. Post
    Got the email today. Nice refund, courtesy of decreased work hours. Yay?

  6. Post
    Still haven't got anything, am paranoid that they're leaving me until last because they really need to go through things with a fine tooth comb. :/

    - - - Updated - - -

    detonator7 wrote:
    IRD are like: "If you underpaid your Kiwisaver tax then here's a bill to have it corrected. If you overpaid your Kiwisaver tax then it's your fault LOL THNX"
    Very much the same with child support. You underpay? You get penalties! You overpay? Whoops, no backsies.

  7. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Still haven't got anything, am paranoid that they're leaving me until last because they really need to go through things with a fine tooth comb. :/
    I was a bit like that finally got notification yesterday that the assessment had been completed, logged on and checked when I got home from work 0.48 cent refund. I knew it should be correct but in the back of my mind there was this little voice telling me that IRD will manage to **** it up some how.

  8. Post
    im still waiting on my boss hoping he or his accountant will cover it...

  9. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    im still waiting on my boss hoping he or his accountant will cover it...
    Wishful thinking imo

  10. Post
    just got stung for 900 dollars. it would be nice if they would spell out on the paperwork WHY they think i've under paid. people might swallow it a bit easier then. after a lot of looking up tax rates and crunching numbers it turns out if been on 17.5 RWT for the last 9 years or so when i should have been on 30. thank **** they only stung me for the previous year!

  11. Post
    Got a $23 bill, but they waived it, so as good as a $23 return to me

  12. Post
    Had to pay GST for the first time ever this cycle. $16 to pay. Bastards.

  13. Post
    JRS wrote:
    just got stung for 900 dollars. it would be nice if they would spell out on the paperwork WHY they think i've under paid. people might swallow it a bit easier then. after a lot of looking up tax rates and crunching numbers it turns out if been on 17.5 RWT for the last 9 years or so when i should have been on 30. thank **** they only stung me for the previous year!
    Brb, sending this post to the IRD fraud department...

  14. Post
    Yeah I'd not make too much noise about it, legally they are permitted to audit the last 7 years...

  15. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Yeah I'd not make too much noise about it, legally they are permitted to audit the last 7 years...
    They won't not for the tiny amounts involved. This is only happening because their new computer system automates the process.

    They don't have complete interest details for years prior to 2019 so you would have to personally offend someone at IRD enough for them to spend time investigating you...

  16. Post
    My assessment is I owe a lot. In a years time I'm going to owe a hell of a lot.

    I need to get an account to try and figure out how I can owe less.

    Stupid success

  17. Post
    IRD now chasing $80mill in unpaid tax from property speculators flipping houses

    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12245128

  18. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    IRD now chasing $80mill in unpaid tax from property speculators flipping houses

    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12245128
    This I don't get. Doesn't it become tax exempt if they hold the property for two years? Is that really so hard for investors?

  19. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    This I don't get. Doesn't it become tax exempt if they hold the property for two years? Is that really so hard for investors?
    It was 2 years, now it's 5 years

  20. Post
    To add some context.

    The 2018 tax year was the first year in which bright line income would have been returned under the old 2 year test.

    The latest possible filing date for 2018 tax returns just passed.

    IRD have details of every property transaction that went through a major real estate agency.

    They have been sharpening their knives waiting for this moment...

    IRD will chase the most blatant cases first and hit them hard to scare everybody else into complying.

  21. Post
    So got mine through. $300 tax refund, yay! Oh wait, they took it to offset the $310 WFF overpayment. *sigh*

  22. Post
    Got paid out this week - early christmas! I heart IRD.

  23. Post
    $200 owed for income, $1800 overpaid for WFF, $2k bill

    I rang them when applying for WFF, provided details of income/children, then the money started showing up the following week, didn't realise I was being overpaid to that extent.

  24. Post
    They're pretty good at letting you pay it off over time. Don't even have to start until next Feb. Shit, I'm still paying off the last child support payment I technically owed my ex at $50 a fortnight with no penalties.

  25. Post
    THey tried to give me a refund because I donated some money to the stroke foundation. If I wanted that refund I wouldn't have given money to them in the first place. IRD are retarded like that. One time they sent me a bill for $3.5k for WFF even though at the time I didn't even have children. Worse, when I called them about it the shitty lady kept telling me I had to pay it. She seemed to think I was lying, so I told them to give me the name of my kids if they thought I had some. She kept going on and on, extremely aggressive. Probably the rudest person I have dealt with in my life.