Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456

1. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    They're pretty good at letting you pay it off over time. Don't even have to start until next Feb. Shit, I'm still paying off the last child support payment I technically owed my ex at $50 a fortnight with no penalties.
    You wont be charged any penalties, but you will still be charged use of money interest.

2. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    She seemed to think I was lying, so I told them to give me the name of my kids if they thought I had some. She kept going on and on, extremely aggressive. Probably the rudest person I have dealt with in my life.
    My experience with them was awesome. Apart from the phone overlord the young lady that helped me was extremely nice and extremely helpful. My payment was on hold as due to its size (subtle brag) it needed human review - which she did while I waited on the phone.

3. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Yeah I'd not make too much noise about it, legally they are permitted to audit the last 7 years...
    IRD are timebarred from increasing your tax assessment after 4 years not 7, unless its intentionlly misleading or the return omits particular income, in which case there is no limit to how far back they can go.

You might be getting confused with how long you need to keep records for.

4. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    THey tried to give me a refund because I donated some money to the stroke foundation. If I wanted that refund I wouldn't have given money to them in the first place. IRD are retarded like that. One time they sent me a bill for $3.5k for WFF even though at the time I didn't even have children. Worse, when I called them about it the shitty lady kept telling me I had to pay it. She seemed to think I was lying, so I told them to give me the name of my kids if they thought I had some. She kept going on and on, extremely aggressive. Probably the rudest person I have dealt with in my life.
    I don't understand. Why would they bill you for WFF? Its supposed to be around the other way.

5. Post
    Still waiting for mine, only worked here for a few months of the tax year so should be reasonable. Hook us up phatty style, c'mon IRD

6. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    I don't understand. Why would they bill you for WFF? Its supposed to be around the other way.
    The only way he'd have a bill for WfFTC is if he got paid WfFTC fortnightly during the year and understated his income when advising the IRD initially.
    When you file your tax returns the IRD will do a washup and calculate if you've been paid too much during the year or not.
    It happens quite often as people always understate their income or never advise the IRD if they get pay rises, a new job etc.

That or the IRD got Bobs confused with another nimby of the same name and dob.

7. Post
    Well that's what I mean. I literally had no kids at the time, so they must have mixed with me up with someone else. It did work it out in the end but that was truly a bizarre experience.

8. Post
    $1104.91 refund over here

9. Post
    Haven't heard anything about mine yet.

10. Post
    I owe $4K

Next year it will be... Edit: I'm not sure. A lot. My income for the next couple of years is weird.

11. Post
    How long do transactions take to reflect on IRD?

12. Post
    Between the tax refund and WFF my wife got a 10K refund

13. Post
    i hate provisional tax :|

14. Post
    Well i had $1.60 to pay

15. Post
    Got $650. Might use it to get a new phone.

16. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    Oh snap! Same here. Sat on my arse for half a year living off my redundancy payout. So I ended up overpaying tax and due a WFF payout.

17. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    GP ChCh meet confirmed, Manc putting up the bar tab, double confirmed.

18. Post
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    i hate provisional tax :|
    Same. I've noticed they're updating mine for the last 3 days, every time with a seemingly random sum unrelated to the previous tax year.
    Guess the new automatic website still not 100%

19. Post
    IRD have announced new interest rates that apply from 29 August 2019:

• underpaid tax is increasing from 8.22% to 8.35%
    • overpayments of tax is decreasing from 1.02% to 0.81%.

It makes total sense in an environment of decreasing interest rates that IRD would increase their underpayment rate.

It makes even more sense that they increase the underpayment rate while decreasing the overpayment rate because its not like those rates are supposed to be related in any way...

20. Post
    Partner got a refund of about $34 a couple of weeks or so ago. Then over the weekend got another letter saying they made a mistake and missed including a small amount of interest income and she now has to pay back about $30 of it.

21. Post
    I never heard from them. Weird, I should have owed them money this year. Logged into my account, shows nothing. Are they still processing?

22. Post
    Supposed to be done by the end of July so presumably you'll hear today, unless they've had to extend.

23. Post
    brand wrote:
    IRD have announced new interest rates that apply from 29 August 2019:

• underpaid tax is increasing from 8.22% to 8.35%
    • overpayments of tax is decreasing from 1.02% to 0.81%.

It makes total sense in an environment of decreasing interest rates that IRD would increase their underpayment rate.

It makes even more sense that they increase the underpayment rate while decreasing the overpayment rate because its not like those rates are supposed to be related in any way...
    Didn't even know they paid interest on tax overpayments. I certainly have never gotten any interest, despite a couple decades of tax refunds.