The Sekiro Accessibility Debate

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Page 7 of 11 First ... 45678910 ... Last
Results 151 to 175 of 261

  1. Post
    Bt wrote:
    This debate is cyclical. My final words are please put yourself to the challenge and finish this game blind, without using guides or walkthroughs. I guarantee after the experience you'll thank yourself for it. If you don't have highs, lows and a unique exciting experience, I'll accept that I'm the odd one and will be keen to hear your thoughts about how making it easier would enhance and not degrade the experience.
    I don't think having it easier or harder would degrade someone elses experience

  2. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    I don't think having it easier or harder would degrade someone elses experience
    That is where we disagree. Some people don't know what's best for em and throw tantrums like children refusing to eat brocolli.

  3. Post
    Indeed we do, I cannot imagine being convinced that what someone else does in their single player game has any effect on me whatsoever. Food analogies aside

  4. Post
    Crybabies & scrubs rejoice!!



    All of your dreams have finally come true lol

  5. Post
    ^ /thread

  6. Post
    omg they have ruined the game for everyone else now

    there goes all that pride and accomplishment, no point playing now


    also fkn lol 60 fps cap and no widescreen standard, I was lead to believe this game was like the works of Shakespeare

  7. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    omg they have ruined the game for everyone else now

    there goes all that pride and accomplishment, no point playing now


    also fkn lol 60 fps cap and no widescreen standard, I was lead to believe this game was like the works of Shakespeare
    Except the above is literally cheating lol

  8. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Except the above is literally cheating lol
    But whats the point in playing now knowing that someone somewhere else might be cheating

  9. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    But whats the point in playing now knowing that someone somewhere else might be cheating
    You're missing the entire point. Its not about how people play the game or if they are cheating or not. It's about the future of these games. If the devs start casualising these games they won't be the same & the experience would likely suffer. Its a slippery slope. Look at AAA mainstream games like Shadow of War, Ass Creed etc, etc. They are littered with microtransactions. Why? Because casuals lap them up.

    Look what happened to the Dead Space franchise & WoW when they started catering to casuals. They turned to shit. Nothing good comes of dumbing down games to cater to casuals.

  10. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    You're missing the entire point. Its not about how people play the game or if they are cheating or not. It's about the future of these games. If the devs start casualising these games they won't be the same & the experience would likely suffer. Its a slippery slope. Look at AAA mainstream games like Shadow of War, Ass Creed etc, etc. They are littered with microtransactions. Why? Because casuals lap them up.

    Look what happened to the Dead Space franchise & WoW when they started catering to casuals. They turned to shit. Nothing good comes of dumbing down games to cater to casuals.
    *casuls

  11. Post
    Hmm yes indeed, I'm not sure I agree that microtransactions are a result of casulisation or more recent ideas of greed (I see activision is the publisher for sekiro lol) but the dumbing down of franchises is an interesting topic that in itself had a fairly wide range of views. There is a reasonable sized part of the battlefield pc community that seem to think that franchise got dumbed down when it was put on console and that it hasn't been the same since, then there is the group of players that started at bad company 2 and think everything since that was casual and ruined (and the same thing goes for almost every single game in that franchise...)

  12. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    Hmm yes indeed, I'm not sure I agree that microtransactions are a result of casulisation or more recent ideas of greed (I see activision is the publisher for sekiro lol) but the dumbing down of franchises is an interesting topic that in itself had a fairly wide range of views. There is a reasonable sized part of the battlefield pc community that seem to think that franchise got dumbed down when it was put on console and that it hasn't been the same since, then there is the group of players that started at bad company 2 and think everything since that was casual and ruined (and the same thing goes for almost every single game in that franchise...)
    Battlefield 2 dumbed things down by adding ranks and gun unlocks wayy before BF: BC2 .

    Look what happened to the Dead Space franchise & WoW when they started catering to casuals. They turned to shit. Nothing good comes of dumbing down games to cater to casuals.
    Again, as I went over with Eva, Dead Space is just one of many examples of EA buying a studio and turning their games into turds. It's a tradition that predates the difficulty debate for EA and it's not representative of the market as a whole.

  13. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Battlefield 2 dumbed things down by adding ranks and gun unlocks wayy before BF: BC2 .



    Again, as I went over with Eva, Dead Space is just one of many examples of EA buying a studio and turning their games into turds. It's a tradition that predates the difficulty debate for EA and it's not representative of the market as a whole.
    BF Vietnam dumbed it down first by giving a class an LMG and a rocket launcher (at launch)

  14. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    BF Vietnam dumbed it down first by giving a class an LMG and a rocket launcher (at launch)
    Hah, the good ol' M60! Made everyone switch teams it was so OP, don't think we'll see a gun that powerful again.

    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Crybabies & scrubs rejoice!!



    All of your dreams have finally come true lol
    It does look silly at the values he sets it to, but a 5% tweak to both settings rather than 75% he uses looks like it could make for an effective easy mode judging on that video.

    Slowing the game down more could also help disabled gamers with their inputs.

  15. Post
    Leave the disabled gamer argument out, it isn't relevant.

    https://gamerant.com/sekiro-corrupte...-quadriplegic/

  16. Post
    You could also argue the default game is the easy mode since there's also the bell demon lol

  17. Post
    Default Game = Easy Mode
    Bell Demon = Normal Mode
    Bell Demon and No Kuro's Charm in NG+ = Hard Mode


  18. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Leave the disabled gamer argument out, it isn't relevant.

    https://gamerant.com/sekiro-corrupte...-quadriplegic/
    Lol, because all disabilities are the same and all disabled gamers are the same, right?

  19. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Lol, because all disabilities are the same and all disabled gamers are the same, right?
    No, because it isn't relevant. 99.99% of people can play without issue, including the disabled. This is a crap argument.

  20. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Default Game = Easy Mode
    Bell Demon = Normal Mode
    Bell Demon and No Kuro's Charm in NG+ = Hard Mode

    Haha, yes, agreed!

  21. Post
    Bt wrote:
    No, because it isn't relevant. 99.99% of people can play without issue, including the disabled. This is a crap argument.
    You're using one disabled gamer to represent thousands of different types of disability and you're calling my argument crap?

  22. Post
    To my way of thinking the two issues of

    - accessibility options to help users that may have disabilities (e.g - color blindness, or use of the Microsoft adaptive controller to help with a physical disability) - being able to interface with the hardware if you will.

    - accessibility of content due to game difficulty.

    are separate and different.

    I have no problem with developers having accessibility options for people with disabilities, but I do not agree that developers should have to or should be pushed to have an "easy mode".

    The games where I can't be bothered investing in learning the mechanics or meeting the challenge or just don't have the skill; but that I still want the story content of - I just watch play-through of, which are generally widely available these days. Personally I would not want developers that would otherwise not offer difficulty options to bring down the bar to meet me.

  23. Post
    To my way of thinking the two issues of

    - accessibility options to help users that may have disabilities (e.g - color blindness, or use of the Microsoft adaptive controller to help with a physical disability) - being able to interface with the hardware if you will.

    - accessibility of content due to game difficulty.

    are separate and different.
    They're one and the same for people with cognitive disabilities. Disability is much, much more than just physical obstacles. For some, it's not about having a 'I can't be bothered' attitude, it's that its completely impossible to make the reaction times possible over and over again for an extended period of time due to disability.

  24. Post
    I subscribe to Monolith's viewpoint. Accessibility seems to be something people push often which I don't necessarily agree with.

    By making 'x' accessible it can sometimes remove the 'magic'. I believe this is one of those times.

  25. Post
    Bt wrote:
    I subscribe to Monolith's viewpoint. Accessibility seems to be something people push often which I don't necessarily agree with.

    By making 'x' accessible it can sometimes remove the 'magic'. I believe this is one of those times.
    So you think that people with cognitive disabilities should be locked out of having their enjoyment of the game...because magic?

    I gotta say, some of the arguments I've heard here are the most nonsensical I've ever heard.