1. Post
    Got mine, no headphones though.

2. Post
    Picked mine up from PB. 2* 10000mAh power banks instead of 1* 20000 :/ No stock of the 20's for a month apparently.

3. Post
    Whats everyone doing for screen protectors?
    Iv'e just left the factory sticker on as it looks ok

4. Post
    I was a fan of glass ones til I bought polarised sunnies.
    Gonna run without but with a Spigen case.

Having issues with the watch redeeming page.
    IMEI is the serial number right?
    Comes up with "Provided serial number was not found"
    Is it because it isn't on the receipt?

5. Post
    Nah, serial number is different. Check the bottom of the box.

6. Post
    Derp, cheers it worked

7. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    Gonna run without but with a Spigen case.
    This is exactly what I currently have. Looks like it'll work well.

8. Post
    Using stock tpu case for now that came with the p30 for now, left the plastic on, hid the tab under the case lip .

Will wait for glass protector reviews, due to the phone having on screen fingerprint, wanna get one thats compatible.

9. Post
    It's fast. Battery life and charge are boss. I look forward to having a play with photos.

I'm using the stock case and have a cheap slimmer black one on the way from China.

10. Post
    Doesn't the P30 come with a screen protector pre-installed like the P20 Pro?

11. Post
    brand wrote:
    Doesn't the P30 come with a screen protector pre-installed like the P20 Pro?
    Its in between a factory scratch cover and a stick on screen protector. Its maybe a mill or so thick

12. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    Derp, cheers it worked
    Do you get to choose the model/colour of watch?

13. Post
    brand wrote:
    Do you get to choose the model/colour of watch?
    Nope.

First impressions are good, just trying to sort out where everything is coming from OOS.
    Supercharge is amazing.
    Still need to make some personal tweaks.

14. Post
    If you have come from an iPhone I find using a launcher like Smart Launcher 5 is awesome. I've used it on all my android phones for the last 5 years. So simple - gets all the Huawei clutter out of the way.

15. Post
    Evie is good too.

16. Post
    krashersmasher wrote:
    If you have come from an iPhone I find using a launcher like Smart Launcher 5 is awesome. I've used it on all my android phones for the last 5 years. So simple - gets all the Huawei clutter out of the way.
    Interesting.
    Does it let you change the icon for apps or just the general shape?
    Can see some benefits but not sure about the auto organising.
    What's this clutter though?
    Is there a way to delete the stock Huawei apps?

I miss having a notification LED that I've had since my first smartphone.

17. Post
    Oh, does it have no notification light. Lame. I hadn't noticed that yet. Grrrr. Although screen always on looks after that.

Clutter like stock huawei apps that you cannot delete. So you can't delete them, but you can hide them so you never see them.

The launcher encourages you to have just a single home screen, then use the auto catagories for all your other apps. You can also add widgets to your main page, or swipe to a widget page.

It's easy enough to just try, then delete if if you don't like it.

18. Post
    Yeah might give it a go.

19. Post
    krashersmasher wrote:
    Clutter like stock huawei apps that you cannot delete. So you can't delete them, but you can hide them so you never see them.

It's easy enough to just try, then delete if if you don't like it.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/unins...t-root-access/

20. Post
    Picked up yesterday and had a bit of a play this morning - really impressed especially considering the deal. Screen looks good, camera takes great photos.

21. Post
    Yeah I mean its just a phone with lots of Hype. I still find a lack of polish on Huawei apps myself, especially the camera one. Some other quirks too but overall solid chinese phones.

22. Post
    undead_knight wrote:
    Whats everyone doing for screen protectors?
    Iv'e just left the factory sticker on as it looks ok
    Just check out that the sticker isn't covering any thing. I remember back at my last job one of the sales manager complained about her company phone. Said the speaker was always bad so she used speakerphone but now when she gets a phonecall the screen turns black and she can't do anything.

Called it. Yep can hear something and it's pretty muffled and wait a second what's this plastic covering the speaker?

She'd left the factory sticker on which covered everything on the front. Screen protectors have cutouts for the speaker, PROXIMITY SENSOR, and others. The plastic had gotten pretty ratty and the proximity sensor was now reporting it as being covered, so it was switching the screen off.

She just decided it counted as a screen protector and ignored the instructions to remove it. And didn't want to complain about the muffled speaker. She'd had the phone for around two years by this point.

Removed the plastic, suddenly everything worked perfectly.

23. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    Interesting.
    Does it let you change the icon for apps or just the general shape?
    Can see some benefits but not sure about the auto organising.
    What's this clutter though?
    Is there a way to delete the stock Huawei apps?

I miss having a notification LED that I've had since my first smartphone.
    you can get apps that make a few pixels light up for stuff, not as bright as led but may help with transitioning

24. Post
    The screen has two layers of plastic though. The last is definitely a screen protector and has a cutout for the camera up top.

25. Post
    krashersmasher wrote:
    Lawnchair 2 (on apkmirror, play store version due any day now) is really good too, if you want the google/pixel/AOSP look and functionality