1. Post
    I just talked with some Huawei reps -for the pre-order bonus we are only getting one version of the smartwatch which is the one with the green strap...

2. Post
    brand wrote:
    I just talked with some Huawei reps -for the pre-order bonus we are only getting one version of the smartwatch which is the one with the green strap...
    Yeah, I thought that was pretty clear? I've just ordered a leather strap for it.

3. Post
    Galent wrote:
    Yeah, I thought that was pretty clear? I've just ordered a leather strap for it.
    It wasn't to me because they have three different models of the 46mm on the "more about the GT watch" and the promo material for the offer had the "classic" watch shown.

They also told me there was only ONE person handling all the redemptions so things could take a while...
    Last edited by brand; 14th April 2019 at 12:25 am.

4. Post
    They are still not letting me cancel and saying I have to go back to the shop I purchased it from. I argued that it was an open term contract and they said they can't cancel it from there. She wouldn't budge. So annoying.

5. Post
    Whats wrong with the contract they put you on?

6. Post
    There is no contract. I double checked when getting it. I'm on the $40 plan and they said at the shop I can cancel at any time.

7. Post
    There is an update available for both the P30/Pro but I had to install the HiSuite software to get it and it is so slow -86% downloaded and it has been 2 hours (on fibre).

krashersmasher wrote:
    They are still not letting me cancel and saying I have to go back to the shop I purchased it from. I argued that it was an open term contract and they said they can't cancel it from there. She wouldn't budge. So annoying.
    Which shop did you get it from?

8. Post
    brand wrote:
    There is an update available for both the P30/Pro but I had to install the HiSuite software to get it and it is so slow -86% downloaded and it has been 2 hours (on fibre).

Which shop did you get it from?
    Noel Learnings Silverdale

9. Post
    I don't know why you are having this issue.

I cancelled on the same day I signed up -looking through the bill 2D sent me they didn't even charge me a day on the plan:

Name:  2D.PNG
Views: 197
Size:  28.8 KB

10. Post
    That sux.
    I called up late last night and was able to cancel no issues.

Anyone using Always On Display worried about burn-in?
    Still trying out ways to see if I have a notification without touching the device.
    Switched to Nova Launcher to be able to change app icons but need to pay for Prime to hide the bloatware and get back app badges.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

11. Post
    brand wrote:
    I don't know why you are having this issue.

I cancelled on the same day I signed up -looking through the bill 2D sent me they didn't even charge me a day on the plan:

Name:  2D.PNG
Views: 197
Size:  28.8 KB
    It all depends on which certain person you end up talking to.

12. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    Anyone using Always On Display worried about burn-in?
    After the update the always on display now moves up and down the screen.

My biggest grip right now is I can't work out how to change the font colour on the icons. The default white lettering is unreadable against light background wallpaper.

Also themes are an entirely separate app rather than integrated into the UI.
    Last edited by brand; 15th April 2019 at 1:51 pm.

13. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    It all depends on which certain person you end up talking to.
    He can't have gotten the same person every time -2D must have written something in their notes or there is something else going on...

14. Post
    brand wrote:
    He can't have gotten the same person every time -2D must have written something in their notes or there is something else going on...
    Most probably

15. Post
    What's the phone like guys? battery life any good compared to the rest of the P family?

16. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    What's the phone like guys? battery life any good compared to the rest of the P family?
    I'm getting 24-36hrs with moderate to high usage. Super charging can go 0 to 100% in just over an hour.

17. Post
    How much screen on time?

18. Post
    Today I've used 25% with a little over two hours screen time. This is with Bluetooth/NFC/4G running.

19. Post
    brand wrote:
    After the update
    9.1.0.124?

20. Post
    krashersmasher wrote:
    Hopefully you haven't actually opened the phone? Unless you want to spend more energy and time arguing this you may have to cut your losses and just return it.

- - - Updated - - -

AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    9.1.0.124?

Yes

21. Post
    brand wrote:
    Hopefully you haven't actually opened the phone? Unless you want to spend more energy and time arguing this you may have to cut your losses and just return it.
    lol, of course I have openned the phone. I'll get it sorted one way or another.

22. Post
    krashersmasher wrote:
    Ask to change to prepay and to be billed the outstanding balance of $660ish

Anyone found a way to stop the killing of apps?
    Last edited by undead_knight; 15th April 2019 at 5:51 pm.

23. Post
    Yeah, good idea. I'll try that.

Power usage...I've had it on 10hrs, 3.3hrs screen time, and it's still got 57% battery and it reckons it will last another 27hrs. Pretty impressive actually.

You can stop killing apps under 'Optimise Battery Usage' - 'App Launch' and then go an manually tell it to stop turning off your important shit. It's bit of a pain, but you can actually control it all.

24. Post
    krashersmasher wrote:
    Yeah, good idea. I'll try that.

You can stop killing apps under 'Optimise Battery Usage' - 'App Launch' and then go an manually tell it to stop turning off your important shit. It's bit of a pain, but you can actually control it all.
    Its how mine ended up being cancelled without my knowledge. It did screw up trying to pay the bill in store, was probably user error though..

Ive done the battery optimise and the other one and its still ending apps. Maybe I'll try a restart, yea that'll fix it

25. Post
    Am I missing something or can the always on display not be customised? I seem to only be able to schedule the time it runs. Would like to put notifications on.