1. Post
    krashersmasher wrote:
    Yeah, good idea. I'll try that.

Power usage...I've had it on 10hrs, 3.3hrs screen time, and it's still got 57% battery and it reckons it will last another 27hrs. Pretty impressive actually.

You can stop killing apps under 'Optimise Battery Usage' - 'App Launch' and then go an manually tell it to stop turning off your important shit. It's bit of a pain, but you can actually control it all.
    Call up and say that you're porting to another provider and you'd like them to confirm what the final outstanding balance owing on your handset will be and that porting will cancel your pay monthly contract with 2Degrees. Once they confirm it port the number to prepay with anyone else and be done with it.

2. Post
    Therk wrote:
    Am I missing something or can the always on display not be customised? I seem to only be able to schedule the time it runs. Would like to put notifications on.
    I saw a video today that said it was not customisable

Finally started using mine today. Holy-****ing bloatware batman. Coming from a Nexus device it's really noticeable and a little frustrating that I can't axe it all. Loving the phone otherwise.

3. Post
    OK I can't really see a reason for the "always on display" -it shows time, date, battery and that's about all.

The update was suppose to fix notifications but doesn't seem to do anything unless I am missing something.

4. Post
    brand wrote:
    OK I can't really see a reason for the "always on display" -it shows time, date, battery and that's about all.

The update was suppose to fix notifications but doesn't seem to do anything unless I am missing something.
    I'm going to update this afternoon for this exact reason, I'll let you know if it works for me. The lack of notifications on the AOD is really irking me.

5. Post
    AOD shows notification icons for me on the latest update.

6. Post
    Galent wrote:
    Jelly.
    You have the Pro?
    No icons for me on 9.1.0.124
    Might have to keep the watch instead hehe

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

7. Post
    Galent wrote:
    That's interesting because you have the Pro right? Maybe it works for the Pro but not the standard?

8. Post
    Yeah it's the Pro on 9.1.0.124

9. Post
    EzyE wrote:
    That's interesting because you have the Pro right? Maybe it works for the Pro but not the standard?
    Sadface

10. Post
    brand wrote:

What version are you running now? .124?

11. Post
    Running P30 standard, just updated to .131 using HiSuite, now have notifications on AOD

12. Post
    EzyE wrote:
    Running P30 standard, just updated to .131 using HiSuite, now have notifications on AOD
    My HiSuite is not showing .131 -it says I have the latest version .124

13. Post
    I was surprised to see 131, was expecting 124. Can't find anything online about 131 either.

14. Post
    Changelog for 24 shows that it adds display of third party app for AOD.

I'm on the 'not pro' and 24 and I get notifications on the AOD.

15. Post
    Anyone here use Accubattery, mines already showing down to 3491mAh health, was at 35xxmAh on day 1. :/

16. Post
    huntakillaz wrote:
    Anyone here use Accubattery, mines already showing down to 3491mAh health, was at 35xxmAh on day 1. :/
    It takes a few cycles for a battery to "settle down"

17. Post
    No .131 for me either

18. Post
    Woohoo! Got it working.
    I got curious and just restarted my phone
    Still not as quick to decipher as a coloured LED but it'll work.
    Now have scrolling wallpapers too.
    I wonder what else is also working properly.

19. Post
    After much delay, finally picked up my phone. Oddly, it would say Connected (No Internet Access) if directly connected to my home WiFi. Connected OK if I used my other phone to WiFi Share the same home network, or even data hotspot as well. Turns out it was locking me out due to "parental control limit" on my Fritzbox - I set up my own router and did not set up this feature. Also profile was standard as per all my other devices - had to change to unrestricted > back to standard and now operates fine on it's own. Was very puzzling - never had such issues with the last 10+ phones I've had.

Now to load all my apps and data on it!

Any neat tips / tricks that surprised anyone? I've had Huawei in the past and loved it but it has been a while and I'm sure they've added a lot of features I don't know about x)

20. Post
    I stumbled across across "Scheduled power on/off" -I haven't tried it yet but if this phone can turn itself off and on that is a feature I haven't had since the Nokia days.

However the settings are a real rabbit warren -don't bother going through each menu just use the search.

21. Post
    Huskie wrote:
    Any neat tips / tricks that surprised anyone?
    Enable developer mode, turn animation/effects off or to x.5. Phone is now instantly faster.

22. Post
    undead_knight wrote:
    Enable developer mode, turn animation/effects off or to x.5. Phone is now instantly faster.
    Oh thanks! I forgot about this. Done now

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

23. Post
    krashersmasher wrote:
    I'm using the stock case and have a cheap slimmer black one on the way from China.
    Which slim case is it?
    Though grippy, the stock is a bit too shiny for me.

24. Post
    Double tapping your knuckle to screen shot then swiping up to share is super helpful.

25. Post

Attached Images