Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Finally finished the game now. Was quite enjoyable, thought wish it was a tad longer. Played it on Jedi Master and 100%. Thinking whether I should pick up Sekiro now.

Also, enjoyed this "review". recently stumbled across her channel. It's great

2. Post
    Weegee wrote:
    Finally finished the game now. Was quite enjoyable, thought wish it was a tad longer. Played it on Jedi Master and 100%. Thinking whether I should pick up Sekiro now.

Also, enjoyed this "review". recently stumbled across her channel. It's great
    Awsome!

3. Post
    Jeebus she kind of tears the game a new one....digging her channel.

Bumped the difficulty up to GM for the last part of the game, I think it may have been a bad decision, frustration ensued...but we got there.

Awesome, imperfect, impactful and emotive.

Great ride, made me empathize with the Jedi like never before.

Glad I did all the 'suggested' detours along the way, they provided some of the best environmental storytelling in the game (the crash site particularly).

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

4. Post
    Found a cheap copy of this on FB Marketplace, so nabbed it. Bearing in mind that I'm not a massive fan of overly hard games like the Soulsborne titles, any tips before I get started? Normal difficulty?

5. Post
    Start off at normal first and see how you like it. and remember the level layout is confusing as heck! lol

6. Post
    Downloaded and about to start playing today

7. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Found a cheap copy of this on FB Marketplace, so nabbed it. Bearing in mind that I'm not a massive fan of overly hard games like the Soulsborne titles, any tips before I get started? Normal difficulty?
    I would suggest normal as well if you struggle with Soulsborne games. You could try Jedi Master first and see how you go. Don't worry about Grand Master it's hard af lol.
    Last edited by Ins0mn1ac; 8th December 2019 at 1:50 pm.

8. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I would suggest normal as well if you struggle with Soulsborne games. You could try Jedi Master first and see how you go. Don't worry about Grand Master it's hard af lol.
    can you change difficulty during the game or do you have to start over?

9. Post
    Yup, You can change difficulty at any time.

10. Post
    This game messed up my PC...

As soon as I launched the game I noticed the audio drop out.

Did some tests after multiple system restarts and now Spotify has no sound at all and This Star Wars game has no sound at all. Everything else works fine including direct audio files, movies and web site audio but game audio and Spotify app audio is not working at all after launching the game for the first time.

Doing a system restore hopefully that fixes it

11. Post
    Dem PC problems lol. Just play on console and avoid all the usual PC bullshit just trying to get a game to run properly lol

12. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

Did some tests after multiple system restarts and now Spotify has no sound at all and This Star Wars game has no sound at all. Everything else works fine including direct audio files, movies and web site audio but game audio and Spotify app audio is not working at all after launching the game for the first time.

Got the latest drivers installed?

13. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Start off at normal first and see how you like it. and remember the level layout is confusing as heck! lol
    Yeah, i'm already stuck on the first major area, NFI where to go to get to the unexplored areas. It's all zip lines with no obvious way to get back up, and disconnected areas where you can't easily see how to get from one to the other. Frustrating already.

14. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Yeah, i'm already stuck on the first major area, NFI where to go to get to the unexplored areas. It's all zip lines with no obvious way to get back up, and disconnected areas where you can't easily see how to get from one to the other. Frustrating already.
    You can’t get everywhere on your first go through any planet. Need to upgrade BD-1 and your force powers to access areas. Just get to where you can get to and move on. It’s designed to make you go back at least twice.

15. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

Seeing as your audio works in other programs, check the Windows volume mixer.

16. Post
    Volume sliders are maxed out for all options in the volume mixer.

It's very weird, I tried a system restore but it fails each time.

Audio is working for all games Except Star Wars, Audio is not working for Spotify and Audio is not working for Windows notifications (that ping sound Windows makes on pop ups). This is using my speakers or USB headset.

If I plug a 3.5mm jack headset in, then I get ALL audio perfectly, but USB audio has the above issues.

I've reinstalled Audio drivers and tried with them uninstalled but it stays the same.

Also tried repairing windows files, but no corrupt files were found.

I think it's time for a fresh install of Windows

17. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Lol yea that aspect of the game knocked off a couple of points to a 6 or 7/10 you got to redo the same shit a number of times purposefully put in to pad the game out. Game needed fast travel. Wait till you travel to the other planets.

18. Post
    On the plus side, the game does look amazing. The HDR is one of the best implementations I've ever seen - so good that if HDR is off the game now looks like it's bland and has no colors, once you enabled HDR in this particular game you won't be able to go back, I wish all HDR games had this quality).

I think hard difficulty so far is perfect, you still deal loads of damage to droids, but it requires good timing on parries and dodging. Reminds me a bit of Bloodborne.

19. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    On the plus side, the game does look amazing. The HDR is one of the best implementations I've ever seen - so good that if HDR is off the game now looks like it's bland and has no colors, once you enabled HDR in this particular game you won't be able to go back, I wish all HDR games had this quality).

I think hard difficulty so far is perfect, you still deal loads of damage to droids, but it requires good timing on parries and dodging. Reminds me a bit of Bloodborne.
    Are you playing on Jedi Master or Grand Master? I thought Jedi Master was the perfect balance between fun and challenge.

20. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Are you playing on Jedi Master or Grand Master? I thought Jedi Master was the perfect balance between fun and challenge.
    Jedi master

21. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    I'll give ya 30 bucks

22. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    You can’t get everywhere on your first go through any planet. Need to upgrade BD-1 and your force powers to access areas. Just get to where you can get to and move on. It’s designed to make you go back at least twice.
    Yes, fresh, non-slightly-drunk eyes helped today. Just been on the Wookie planet, and am enjoying it. The platforming and light puzzles are pretty cool. I know people have criticised those aspects, but I'm digging them. What has also been a refreshing change, is not having to smash everything up in case that terracotta pot had some ammo in it.

For me, it just reinforces why games like Dark Souls etc should have easier difficulty levels. Shows that it can be done, and still caters to those wanting the hardcore difficulties.

23. Post
    I'm itching to get back to this!! Stupid work!

24. Post
    I've been overseas for a while and want to get back and play also.

25. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    For me, it just reinforces why games like Dark Souls etc should have easier difficulty levels. Shows that it can be done, and still caters to those wanting the hardcore difficulties.
    Dark Souls could do it by just adjusting enemy health and damage through difficulty settings. But I can understand why they did not. The series starts out as a niche small title meant for Japan only. The only reason it exploded into the series it became was due to western gamers importing the game and putting videos/streams on the internet. I guess they wanted to keep the difficulty with the original design philosophy - additionally because of the way multiplayer works, there would be technical hurdles to overcome because different players can have different difficulties set.

I don't think this star wars game has any multiplayer elements and so the game has a wider scope for the player to make adjustments to their game.