Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    The extra 10 minutes don't impress at all. Still looks like an utterly basic AAA action adventure game, that's scripted to hell and back. That part where he's climbing on the side of an AT-AT just needed the stereotypical Unsharted hand holds breaking to complete the generic picture.

2. Post
    Yeah it does look very linear & scripted but it still looks pretty fun to me. The combat looks good & there looks like enough variety in gameplay to keep it interesting.

My only gripe is I'm not a fan of the CGI movie look. Would much better prefer if they went for a more realistic live action look.

3. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    The extra 10 minutes don't impress at all. Still looks like an utterly basic AAA action adventure game, that's scripted to hell and back. That part where he's climbing on the side of an AT-AT just needed the stereotypical Unsharted hand holds breaking to complete the generic picture.
    Cool, but have you listened to the impressions of people that actually, you know, played it?

It's factually wrong to say it's a basic, scripted adventured game.

4. Post
    If a game has any scripts in it, Eva will hate it.

5. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Cool, but have you listened to the impressions of people that actually, you know, played it?

Indeed, impressions have been very positive and the game has been said to be somewhat of a very non-linear Metroidvania. The level designs are semi-open and you can travel to different planets, unlock new abilities that allow you to traverse to places you couldn't before in another planet. Pretty cool.

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

6. Post
    That entire AT AT bit is just one big script lol. Fun to watch but yeah.

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    If a game has any scripts in it, Eva will hate it.
    Script_Dogs 3

8. Post
    Valeo wrote:

I'm well aware that it's a Star Wars reskin of Tomb Raider 2013 rather than Unsharted. It looks like a big highly derivative yawn fest to me, bro. I might check it out when it's <$20 or goes into Origin Access Basic.

9. Post
    This is gonna be a great game imo, might type of jam. Not everything has to be open world, skill tries.

10. Post
    jords wrote:
    This is gonna be a great game imo, might type of jam. Not everything has to be open world, skill tries.
    Not everything needs to be a linear disposable rental title with no replay value either.

This game has skill trees BTW
    . Oh LOL, the camp fires from TR2013 are right there.

11. Post
    Tomb Raider 2013 was heaps of fun, one of the few games over the last 5 years ive bothered to complete. Star wars is also sweet, so this should be good.

12. Post
    Coffeeshop wrote:
    Tomb Raider 2013 was heaps of fun, one of the few games over the last 5 years ive bothered to complete. Star wars is also sweet, so this should be good.
    Agreed, TR reboot was great even though I did not like Shadow as much.

13. Post
    Played through TR2013 and the sequel this year, slowly making my way through the newest one (that's Shadow right?)

Saying this game is a TR reskin is a great thing, since they're fantastic games. Star Wars games have always been great (except you Kinect game, you can **** off), this one shouldn't be any different. Cant wait

14. Post
    The game informer interviews were good.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

15. Post
    Deathbat wrote:
    Played through TR2013 and the sequel this year, slowly making my way through the newest one (that's Shadow right?)

Saying this game is a TR reskin is a great thing, since they're fantastic games. Star Wars games have always been great (except you Kinect game, you can **** off), this one shouldn't be any different. Cant wait
    2013, Rise, Shadow,

16. Post
    Eva dislikes, = pre-order for me

17. Post
    Thine jocks hath been jizzed.

18. Post

19. Post
    Holy Moly, the previews are super positive.

Grandmaster difficulty sounds punishing: aggressive AI, parry window similar to Sekiro but still maintains 1-2 hit kills on stormtroopers: no saber sponge malarkey.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

20. Post
    Will probably sub to EA access for a month just for this. Loving how you don't have to pay full price for a lot of games anymore that you normally would stop playing after a 3-5 days once you finish the story.

21. Post
    When I see people saying it's very metroidvania in its level design I think of some of the levels from Titanfall 2 and it has me pretty excited to see what kind of level designs they come up with to traverse using Jedi powers. I'll wait until reviews start dropping but I'm quietly confident that Respawn can do a Guerrilla Games and make a successful jump from first person shooters to 3rd person action. I just hope it has a good story with strong writing and memorable characters.

22. Post
    After reading the below, and watching some gameplay vids, this game has gone front of the queue on my watchlist.

With Souls bonfires and Sekiro’s combat, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is evidently borrowing a lot from the designs of FromSoftware.
    We recently returned from a trip to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order developer Respawn Entertainment. Alex played the game and was happy to report that it exceeds all expectations.

But he was also surprised to see how much of Fallen Order is influenced by other games, chiefly FromSoftware’s work. The game’s structure is more akin to Soulsborne, with interconnected areas on each planet that you find yourself going through in different ways.

Then there’s the meditation spots, which are essentially the game’s version of bonfires. There, you’ll be able to upgrade your character’s skills, and restore your health and healing items. Like Souls, mediating brings back all the enemies you killed.

More interestingly, dying will cost you your XP, once again just like many FromSoftware games. Respawn, however, has a bit of a different approach to the retrieval process Soulsborne fans know very well. When you return, you’ll find that the enemy that killed you is marked.

All you need to do is hit them once to gain back your lost XP. You don’t even need to kill them, and the game will even boost your health and Force power slightly as a bonus for diving back in.

23. Post
    This sounds amazing. Star Wars + Soulsborne formula =

It obviously won't be the case, but it would be hilarious if it was as hard as the Soulsborne games & only had 1 difficulty level so all the cry babies could start bitching and moaning again lol.

Day 1 for sure

24. Post
    Jedi have always been portrayed as virtually unstoppable when facing standard troops it'll be interesting to see how they balance the power fantasy of being a Jedi with the gameplay of a souls game. Some of the vids they've shown the standard troopers still look like they're about as much threat as a wet paper towel, so I imagine there'll be a mix of easier mobs to have fun with and harder encounters with enhanced enemies that will be a bit more challenging.

25. Post
    The more I see of this game and its features the more it sounds like God of Dark Souls: Star Wars edition
    And I love it!