Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 226 to 250 of 302

  1. Post
    Got it loaded and ready to go on ps4. Got the deluxe edition at the same price as standard. Thank you EA access. Will have a jam after dinner.

  2. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    One of many reviews. Love Star Wars games, but I'll get this on special.



    Yeah you do. Otherwise you are doing the same thing over and over.
    No, you're not doing the same thing over and over at all. And as the people here have mentioned the 3 on offer are all that is needed, and makes sense for the story as well. Between the Jedi skills, Jedi abilities ( they are different), and combat abilities there is a lot of variation available.
    Factor in the story and exploration and you've got the best SW game in well over a decade.

    Obviously your money, and if you've not seen something you like then that's fine. But if the "lack" of force powers is a primary reason I urge you to look at other reviews or game play videos, because that is not the case at all.

    As an aside - WAB as always is an idiot. Why people actually watch his videos is beyond me. He regularly fails to grasp even basic game concepts and makes moronic logic jumps based on his own literal stupidity.

  3. Post
    Ive been told not to buy it...apparently its not that good?

  4. Post
    Equity wrote:
    Ive been told not to buy it...apparently its not that good?
    Get out

  5. Post
    I hate Dark Souls type games, but I'm really enjoying this eh - it's pretty much Tomb Raider/Uncharted with lightsabers.

  6. Post
    Played it for a couple of hours. Loving it so far. A couple of minor nitpicks. I find I get lost quite often the game doesn't do a good job of telling you where to go next. I guess they didnt want to hand hold players but still something that you could turn on or off that tells you where to go would be helpful. Second thing is I wish you could use a blaster as a weapon it would have felt like a spiritual successor to star wars 1313 that way but I guess respawn wanted to focus on being a Jedi which is fine.

  7. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    I hate Dark Souls type games, but I'm really enjoying this eh - it's pretty much Tomb Raider/Uncharted with lightsabers.
    Yep me too. And this game is damn awesome

  8. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Played it for a couple of hours. Loving it so far. A couple of minor nitpicks. I find I get lost quite often the game doesn't do a good job of telling you where to go next. I guess they didnt want to hand hold players but still something that you could turn on or off that tells you where to go would be helpful. Second thing is I wish you could use a blaster as a weapon it would have felt like a spiritual successor to star wars 1313 that way but I guess respawn wanted to focus on being a Jedi which is fine.
    I was actually just about to write how good I find the level design, I always end up where I'm meant to be but I never feel like I'm being lead there. There's a good commentary on the Orange Box version of Portal where the devs are talking about how they guide players where they need to go without it feeling like they're being guided, really interesting if you haven't seen it.

    My only real gripe with the game is I don't find the loot very sexy. I understand it's not a looter but I would have preferred something other than mainly cosmetic items, maybe a few cosmetics and the rest holocrons diving a bit deeper into the history and lore of a location or something, I just find cosmetic items in a single player game to be a bit pointless (everything I have is still default apart from I changed the lightsaber from blue to green).

  9. Post
    whelp platinumed it just over an hour ago, been watching the dev stuff that came with the deluxe version. (would post the screenshot it took, but it wasn't the screen it showed the pop at so will not post it since it has minor spoilers in it)

    took 1 play-through, since i'm a sucker for looking in every corner of a map, and having maps that say if you have missed sections makes it that much easier. (3 days 22hours according to PSNProfiles, form 1st trophy to plat).

    have to say the combat was great about 90% of the time, had a ton of times where i'm not doing any other input besides block/parry and it just wasn't happening at all. fell through the world a couple of times as well and a bunch of clipping issues in some of the sections.
    the levels were well designed and love the little pop-up for when you unlock a short-cut.
    LightSaber customization was awesome, character customization was horrible. (Starkiller in TFU had better options).
    The music and sound effects are typical for Star Wars. (the hum of a lightsaber coming to life is so damn good.)
    also the story was pretty damn predictable.

    would give it a 8/10 myself, worth the play.
    good job Respawn

  10. Post
    Some of these boss fights give you that "YUSSS" feeling once beaten them....very Soulsborne in that respect.

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  11. Post
    Loving it, best SW game I've played since Dark Forces II.

  12. Post
    I finished this last night. The last bit was awesome! I loved doing the force pull or Force pushing the pesky snipers. It never gets old.

  13. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    No, you're not doing the same thing over and over at all. And as the people here have mentioned the 3 on offer are all that is needed, and makes sense for the story as well. Between the Jedi skills, Jedi abilities ( they are different), and combat abilities there is a lot of variation available.
    Factor in the story and exploration and you've got the best SW game in well over a decade.

    Obviously your money, and if you've not seen something you like then that's fine. But if the "lack" of force powers is a primary reason I urge you to look at other reviews or game play videos, because that is not the case at all.

    As an aside - WAB as always is an idiot. Why people actually watch his videos is beyond me. He regularly fails to grasp even basic game concepts and makes moronic logic jumps based on his own literal stupidity.
    Chris - you keep saying this - but many of his reviews are on point and have helped me avoid some serious bullshit.

    Differences of opinion though - I didn't find his SW review of particularly good quality, but honestly some of his critique (the mud sliding, the spam attacking) seemed well founded.

  14. Post
    Eldon wrote:
    Chris - you keep saying this - but many of his reviews are on point and have helped me avoid some serious bullshit.
    +1

  15. Post
    He's a feckless over-reactionary dipshit. He has a complete lack of integrity imo.

    A lot of my issues with his are that he constantly shits on what he calls "mainstream reviews" because they differ from his. Like any opinion he doesn't share must have be paid for.

    The main issue, is that he is actually not smart enough to review games. How many times has he shit on a game, game mechanic, or game loop because he's failed to grasp it? Fallen Order is a prime example. His inability to understand the balance in the combat caused him to shit on it about not having enough force powers, like it was meant to be Force Unleashed 3, which is a completely different genre. Something he does not seem to grasp.

    Add to this the fake persona he delivers or at least starts his videos with, is bottom rung crap from a creator lacking the talent to think of anything better. Just like almost all "reaction" channels where people over-react to things because they think it makes it more compelling.

  16. Post
    People have different opinions Chris, you just have to learn to live with it. Every thread I've seen your name it's pretty much you telling people why they're wrong and you're right. I made a comment about the Witcher tv series looking like it's taken some inspiration from the look of the games and you were straight in there to tell me how wrong I was, I didn't reply because I don't really care what you think of my opinions on the look of a tv series, but I'm wondering, don't you ever get tired of it? Give it a rest mate.

  17. Post
    ^ Right on.

  18. Post
    Don't turn this thread into an argument please guys.

  19. Post
    Yeah Chris .

  20. Post
    ChrisB wrote:

    As an aside - WAB as always is an idiot. Why people actually watch his videos is beyond me. He regularly fails to grasp even basic game concepts and makes moronic logic jumps based on his own literal stupidity.
    Preach. Can't stand him let alone take his shtick seriously.

  21. Post
    GiantMartianTripod wrote:
    People have different opinions Chris, you just have to learn to live with it. Every thread I've seen your name it's pretty much you telling people why they're wrong and you're right. I made a comment about the Witcher tv series looking like it's taken some inspiration from the look of the games and you were straight in there to tell me how wrong I was, I didn't reply because I don't really care what you think of my opinions on the look of a tv series, but I'm wondering, don't you ever get tired of it? Give it a rest mate.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with his actual opinion. Did you actually read what I wrote?
    And I beg you to find any post where I tell someone I am objectively right and they are wrong. Go on. Because for years I have been highlighting that that is not a thing and any informed opinion is just as valid as another persons. Literally for years.

  22. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    He's a feckless over-reactionary dipshit. He has a complete lack of integrity imo.

    A lot of my issues with his are that he constantly shits on what he calls "mainstream reviews" because they differ from his. Like any opinion he doesn't share must have be paid for.

    The main issue, is that he is actually not smart enough to review games. How many times has he shit on a game, game mechanic, or game loop because he's failed to grasp it? Fallen Order is a prime example. His inability to understand the balance in the combat caused him to shit on it about not having enough force powers, like it was meant to be Force Unleashed 3, which is a completely different genre. Something he does not seem to grasp.

    Add to this the fake persona he delivers or at least starts his videos with, is bottom rung crap from a creator lacking the talent to think of anything better. Just like almost all "reaction" channels where people over-react to things because they think it makes it more compelling.
    I agree he's over-reactionary, I agree he's got a persona that he uses for entertainment. I disagree with the estimation on the SW combat as it did look repetitive and spammy and far worse than games like Jedi Academy - but haven't played it so can't make a particular call there (although agree that he's not a technically proficient player - something he admits). I don't think he lacks integrity, he's supported games many of his followers expected him to shoot down, and shot down others that he thought he'd like, or that gifted him keys. I think he's better than most at articulating the reasons for his grades and ratings.

    Can you recommend to me a better reviewer that's fair? Honest request.

  23. Post
    Annoying to come to this thread and see the drivel posted above jeeze take it elsewhere.

    Really wish there was fast travel annoying to know where the last chest is and its a boring trek through the same stuff.

  24. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    Annoying to come to this thread and see the drivel posted above jeeze take it elsewhere.

    Really wish there was fast travel annoying to know where the last chest is and its a boring trek through the same stuff.
    Drivel? Reviewer says game is bad - another reviewer discredits reviewer - I ask for a legitimate better review source. Yes it's off topic but it's just a discussion and it's constructive.

    Thanks for your on and off topic contribution though - definitely a good thread addition. Maybe take some of your own advice and keep your comments on topic.

  25. Post
    Eldon wrote:
    I agree he's over-reactionary, I agree he's got a persona that he uses for entertainment. I disagree with the estimation on the SW combat as it did look repetitive and spammy and far worse than games like Jedi Academy - but haven't played it so can't make a particular call there (although agree that he's not a technically proficient player - something he admits). I don't think he lacks integrity, he's supported games many of his followers expected him to shoot down, and shot down others that he thought he'd like, or that gifted him keys. I think he's better than most at articulating the reasons for his grades and ratings.

    Can you recommend to me a better reviewer that's fair? Honest request.

    ACG is really good (Angry Centaur Gaming)