Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 251 to 275 of 302

  1. Post
    Eldon wrote:
    Drivel? Reviewer says game is bad - another reviewer discredits reviewer - I ask for a legitimate better review source. Yes it's off topic but it's just a discussion and it's constructive.

    Thanks for your on and off topic contribution though - definitely a good thread addition. Maybe take some of your own advice and keep your comments on topic.
    He didn't even say it was bad. He recommended it still. Just pointed out some flaws. The devil.

  2. Post
    I will admit my love for the game has become strained as I've gotten further along as its ugly flaws finally reveal it themselves.

    Too many puzzles. Seems like every corner you turn theirs a damn puzzle blocking your path just padding out the game a little more.

    No sense of direction. Getting lost all the time. I think I've spent more time running around in circles wondering where the **** I go next and trying to figure out these lame as puzzles rather than progress in the actual game.

    Repetitive gameplay and combat. It does feel like your going through the motions after a while. Square square triangle X dodge dodge rinse and repeat.

    I really want to like it there is something special here buried underneath it all but I cant help but feel there were too many cooks in the kitchen on this one. It's like half the team wanted a souls esq game while the other half wanted and uncharted meets star wars experience. And this was where they ended up at as a comprimise somewhere in the middle.

  3. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    I will admit my love for the game has become strained as I've gotten further along as its ugly flaws finally reveal it themselves.

    Too many puzzles. Seems like every corner you turn theirs a damn puzzle blocking your path just padding out the game a little more.

    No sense of direction. Getting lost all the time. I think I've spent more time running around in circles wondering where the **** I go next and trying to figure out these lame as puzzles rather than progress in the actual game.

    Repetitive gameplay and combat. It does feel like your going through the motions after a while. Square square triangle X dodge dodge rinse and repeat.

    I really want to like it there is something special here buried underneath it all but I cant help but feel there were too many cooks in the kitchen on this one. It's like half the team wanted a souls esq game while the other half wanted and uncharted meets star wars experience. And this was where they ended up at as a comprimise somewhere in the middle.
    Yeah I totally agree about the puzzles and they definitely overdo it with the parkour in this game as well. Feels like you're playing Tomb Raider or Uncharted set in the SW universe.

    Also for getting lost all the time I take it you haven't played a Soulsborne/Metroidvania type game before? Thats pretty much what the level design in this game is based on. Would've been better if they gave you the ability to fast travel between shrines but I guess they wanted to pad it out more as you said. Would bve nice if they had more planets instead of having to revisit the same 4 planets multiple times.

    I actually like the combat in this game but it's nothing amazing. Its simple yet has just enough variety to keep it from becoming completely boring.

    Overall I'm still enjoying just wish it was a bit more original with its gameplay mechanics.

  4. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    He didn't even say it was bad. He recommended it still. Just pointed out some flaws. The devil.
    Yeah he thumbed it up lol, which actually has me interested in it now...

  5. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Yeah I totally agree about the puzzles and they definitely overdo it with the parkour in this game as well. Feels like you're playing Tomb Raider or Uncharted set in the SW universe.

    Also for getting lost all the time I take it you haven't played a Soulsborne/Metroidvania type game before? Thats pretty much what the level design in this game is based on. Would've been better if they gave you the ability to fast travel between shrines but I guess they wanted to pad it out more as you said. Would bve nice if they had more planets instead of having to revisit the same 4 planets multiple times.

    I actually like the combat in this game but it's nothing amazing. Its simple yet has just enough variety to keep it from becoming completely boring.

    Overall I'm still enjoying just wish it was a bit more original with its gameplay mechanics.
    i didn't feel like it really had any puzzles (in the story path), the only real puzzles to me were figuring out how to unlock/reach some of the secret areas/echos. I felt the levels were extremely straight forward.

    the wall running i think was overused, yes we know you made Titanfall and loved that part of it.

    the number of force powers for the game was fine, he's a padawan that didn't complete his training and has been in hiding as a "normal" human for years. (it even has a line of dialog in the game on the third planet that mentions one thing that angered me the most). Force jump/speed would have easily broken the game, hence why force slow breaks after one attack.

    i'm still debating if i should delete it or wait and see if they do any new content for it at some point.

  6. Post
    Nearing the end, it's my GOTY so far.

    Things others haven't gelled with (the puzzles, the level design, the combat) have been great for me. I even roll played the difficulty as I went along; started on Knight, then to Master and now to Grand Master when I had perfected the previous one.

    Story is great: Cal is a believable Jedi in training and the flaws exposed in the crew and their ties to the world are impactful and deep.

    There are some pretty major marks off in the technical dept...disappearing ground resulting in death loops, sound glitches and many frame drops, yet still heart of the game elevates it above.

    Final thoughts to come post finishing it over the weekend, good times.

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  7. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    ACG is really good (Angry Centaur Gaming)
    Thanks mate, having a look.

  8. Post
    Finished today, GOTY for me for sure.

  9. Post
    Eldon wrote:
    Thanks mate, having a look.
    Don't think he's done Fallen Order yet, but he's really good.

  10. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Don't think he's done Fallen Order yet, but he's really good.
    Is that Karik?

  11. Post
    Just finished this. Was pretty enjoyable overall and I liked the story and combat for the most part. I thought it was a good length and wasn't as short as some people have said but they probably played on the easier difficulties. All the backtracking get a bit tedious at times and Battlefront 2 is still a much better looking game imo.

    Now onto the platinum if I can be ****ed exploring all those planets again lol.

  12. Post
    i'm enjoying this game but it's not GOTY material - Sekiro is superior in every aspect.

  13. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    i'm enjoying this game but it's not GOTY material - Sekiro is superior in every aspect.
    I enjoyed sekiro in the beginning but just didnt find it compelling like this, i just wanted more of the doll maker guy. And sadly didnt get enough of him

  14. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    i'm enjoying this game but it's not GOTY material - Sekiro is superior in every aspect.
    100% agree. Sekiro is easily my GOTY

  15. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Is that Karik?
    The very same

  16. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    The very same
    Dude is definitely a good reviewer, has a broadcast-quality voice too.

  17. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Dude is definitely a good reviewer, has a broadcast-quality voice too.
    Yeah, I definitely take his word on things.

  18. Post
    I love this far more than Sekiro: and I really enjoyed my time with FROM's game.



    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  19. Post
    I have been a fan of games in the series since the time of Kyle Katarn. I still remember The Phantom Menace. I played both Battlefronts, to be honest I consider both parts to be bad games. My opinion is: Write about Fallen Order that it's the best game in the Star Wars universe, it's like writing nothing.

  20. Post
    Bejbe wrote:
    I have been a fan of games in the series since the time of Kyle Katarn. I still remember The Phantom Menace. I played both Battlefronts, to be honest I consider both parts to be bad games. My opinion is: Write about Fallen Order that it's the best game in the Star Wars universe, it's like writing nothing.
    There's been some really good Star Wars games. Don't be such a grinch.
    Rouge Squadron, Rougue Leader, KOTOR, Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast, all the Lego Star Wars, Force Unleashed...

  21. Post
    now that I've had some time to cool-down form the game and digest a little more of it, i have to say it is my third favorite 3rd person action star wars game.

    1. Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
    2. The Force Unleashed
    3. Jedi Fallen Order

    it's not even in my top ten favorite Star Wars games.

    1. X-Wing VS TIE Fighter
    2. TIE Fighter
    3. Knights of the Old Republic
    4. Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
    5. Knights of the Old Republic 2
    6. Star Wars Galaxies
    7. The Force Unleashed
    8. The Old Republic
    9. Battlefront 2 (original)
    10. X-Wing

    thinking about it, it might not be in my top 15 either. its still a game i would recommend people play, but its not the greatest thing in Star Wars gaming.
    The combat is fine with how basic it is, and the set pieces look pretty damn good. but the lack of customization options for Cal is a major disappointment, the very basic overall story and lots of little bugs (graphical/game-play wise etc) and lack of New Game Plus. and those load times if you die omg.

    the last maybe 10mins of the game are amazing, but it doesn't make up for alot of the downsides.

    I kinda want to see what this was suppose to be before EA came in and said how about making Star Wars.

  22. Post

    Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

    THOROUGHLY enjoyed my time with it, and it's a game so maybe that should be enough and for me it largely is - was a gift so no money lost - and I couldn't play anything else til I finished it. Hats off to Respawn for releasing a fun single player experience without micro transactions or DLC.

    A week or so after finishing it I can't help but feel Fallen Order is lacking a certain amount of depth and polish across the board - the Star Wars IP made it feel engrossing and in some parts completely cinematic (loved the opening and closing), but otherwise she was a pretty tame beast - can't say the skill system or in particular loot system were remotely deep or inspiring.

    Finally gave Sekiro a go after Fallen Order and I have to admit outside of those epic cinematic moments, Sekiro is better in every way /shrug

  23. Post
    iRoN wrote:

    A week or so after finishing it I can't help but feel Fallen Order is lacking a certain amount of depth and polish across the board - the Star Wars IP made it feel engrossing and in some parts completely cinematic (loved the opening and closing), but otherwise she was a pretty tame beast - can't say the skill system or in particular loot system were remotely deep or inspiring.

    Finally gave Sekiro a go after Fallen Order and I have to admit outside of those epic cinematic moments, Sekiro is better in every way /shrug
    Yeah fully agree. Good game but nothing special. Its lack of innovation made it feel like a dozen other games just with a SW skin. I liked it overall but did feel a bit meh at times. Sekiro is way better imo. Hopefully the next game will be more polished and innovative.

  24. Post
    https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/12/st...e-damn-ending/

    Whoever designed the trailer needs a kick up the arse. It's sorta like most of the movie trailers these days giving away most of the story.

  25. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/12/st...e-damn-ending/

    Whoever designed the trailer needs a kick up the arse. It's sorta like most of the movie trailers these days giving away most of the story.
    Yeah thats pretty shit. I thought it was an awesome surprise. I'd be pissed if it had been spoilt for me.