1. Post
    The Aussie boys leave for England this week for the A tour.
    Aus. A four-day squad: Tim Paine (c) (Tasmania), Marcus Harris (Victoria), Kurtis Patterson (New South Wales), Will Pucovski (Victoria), Travis Head (vc) (South Australia), Peter Handscomb (Victoria), Matthew Wade (Tasmania), Mitch Marsh (Western Australia), Michael Neser (Queensland), Jon Holland (Victoria), James Pattinson (Victoria), Jackson Bird (Tasmania), Josh Hazlewood (vc) (New South Wales), Chris Tremain (Victoria).

Aus. A men’s one-day squad: Travis Head (c) (South Australia), Matthew Wade (Tasmania), Will Pucovski (Victoria), Peter Handscomb (Victoria), Ashton Turner (Western Australia), Mitch Marsh (vc) (Western Australia), D’Arcy Short (Western Australia), Kurtis Patterson (New South Wales), Ashton Agar (Western Australia), Michael Neser (Queensland), James Pattinson (Victoria), Josh Hazlewood (vc) (New South Wales), Kane Richardson (South Australia), Sean Abbott (New South Wales).

June 20: Australia A v Northamptonshire (50-over)

June 23: Australia A v Derbyshire (50-over)

June 25: Australia A v Worcestershire (50-over)

June 30: Aus A v Gloucestershire (50-over)

July 2: Aus A v Gloucestershire (50-over)

July 7-10 Aus A v Sussex, Arundel (FC)

July 14-17: Australia A v England Lions, Canterbury (FC)

July 23-26: Australia v Australia A, Rose Bowl (FC)

- - - Updated - - -

The Aussie boys leave for England this week for their A tour.

Aus. A four-day squad: Tim Paine (c) (Tasmania), Marcus Harris (Victoria), Kurtis Patterson (New South Wales), Will Pucovski (Victoria), Travis Head (vc) (South Australia), Peter Handscomb (Victoria), Matthew Wade (Tasmania), Mitch Marsh (Western Australia), Michael Neser (Queensland), Jon Holland (Victoria), James Pattinson (Victoria), Jackson Bird (Tasmania), Josh Hazlewood (vc) (New South Wales), Chris Tremain (Victoria).

Aus. A men’s one-day squad: Travis Head (c) (South Australia), Matthew Wade (Tasmania), Will Pucovski (Victoria), Peter Handscomb (Victoria), Ashton Turner (Western Australia), Mitch Marsh (vc) (Western Australia), D’Arcy Short (Western Australia), Kurtis Patterson (New South Wales), Ashton Agar (Western Australia), Michael Neser (Queensland), James Pattinson (Victoria), Josh Hazlewood (vc) (New South Wales), Kane Richardson (South Australia), Sean Abbott (New South Wales).

2. Post
    The Aussie boys leave for England this week for their A tour.

3. Post
    What the !!!!! How did this duplicate twice??

4. Post

Stupid A team. It is an Australian second XI. An A team should be full of up and comers. That is how we do it New Zealand. There are some up and comers in there but also lots of has beens like Ashton Agar. He is absolutely pants and resorted to shaving his head to make himself look cutting edge in case that would bamboozle the selectors into picking him.
    "We better pick this guy he is clearly a new millenium cohort with his shaved head and we will be investing in the future".

5. Post
    wrighty wrote:

Stupid A team. It is an Australian second XI. An A team should be full of up and comers. That is how we do it New Zealand. There are some up and comers in there but also lots of has beens like Ashton Agar. He is absolutely pants and resorted to shaving his head to make himself look cutting edge in case that would bamboozle the selectors into picking him.
    "We better pick this guy he is clearly a new millenium cohort with his shaved head and we will be investing in the future".
    Thefck... he shaved his head because he was balding at 20! Bit of a dickhead statement really. Check the mad receeding even on his debut. Maybe you're a fan of the combover.

Disagree. A teams are are supposed to be a mix of both, that's what we do. Are you saying we picked Rutherford/Rance etc as newcomers? The experience is for the younger guys to feed off.

Agar is a pretty decent domestic cricketer, good batsman, handy enough bowler.

6. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Thefck... he shaved his head because he was balding at 20! Bit of a dickhead statement really. Check the mad receeding even on his debut. Maybe you're a fan of the combover.

Disagree. A teams are are supposed to be a mix of both, that's what we do. Are you saying we picked Rutherford/Rance etc as newcomers? The experience is for the younger guys to feed off.

Yes a mix of both, but they have the wrong mix ie too many experienced guys. I consider the likes of Mitch Marsh at this age to be a stalwart due to how long he has been around the 1st team set up. Wade too. And Agar is the king of hasbeens if he was a New Zealand bowler he would be ranked well below Marty Kain. And not even mentioned in the same breath as our premier spinners like Ajaz Patel.
    Even amongst Australian spinners I would have well down the pecking order. If he isn't in there for having a fancy shaved head then he is in there for some other prank reason. if I were him I would work on my batting and become Australia's answer to Moeen Ali because he will never play again at international level based on his bowling prowess alone. Why are you defending him. He is a prank player. I understand you defending Kiwi domestic guys because you are proud of all New Zealand players. Why go to bat for Agar.

7. Post
    Sorry N if the above is argumentative I got a shitty telling off from some manager throwing their weight around at work. Apologise. Felt agitated for most of the evening.

8. Post
    Ben Oliver, the man who (with Justin Langer) led the renaissance of Western Australia cricket, will take over as national male and female team supremo with former champion Olympic rower Drew Ginn OAM to oversee Australia's state and pathway programs.. including umpire development, talent identification plus sports science and medicine.

The dual high-profile CA appointments represent a restructure of the previous High Performance role as announced in the wake of Pat Howard's departure last November.

Is CA simply exchanging one bloke for another without a cricket background to run our national sport?

9. Post
    <N> wrote:

Agree. Remember he bowls on the spin unfriendly WACA. Agar has always stood up when chosen to wear Aussie colors (A). For some unfathomable reason CA chooses him in Baggy Green squads but never plays him.

Wrighty what is this nonsense about him shaving his hair at 20. He is 25 and shaved it last year to my knowledge. Like a lot of slow bowlers Agar is prematurely bald.
    Last edited by BaggyGreens; 18th June 2019 at 1:20 pm.

10. Post
    "We better pick this guy he is clearly a new millenium cohort with his shaved head and we will be investing in the future
    ".

I agree Wrighty there should be a couple more emerging players. Other than Will Pucovski there are none of them. Main reason is there are several of our Baggy Greens returning from injury via the A tour.. namely.. Hazlewood and one or two batsmen. Kurtis Patterson and Tim Paine are Test incumbents that missed WC spots. With the Ashes soon the two need some place to prepare and the A tour was considered the best solution.
    Last edited by BaggyGreens; 18th June 2019 at 1:43 pm.

11. Post
    BaggyGreens wrote:
    What the !!!!! How did this duplicate twice??
    Yeah, it's a pain ay, Same thing has happened to me a few times, you can get rid of your first post where it doubled up... just Edit - Delete - Delete Post.

Hope those Aussie squads get much better weather in England than the crappy weather we're having at the ODI WC, teams are having to practice indoors a lot.

12. Post
    BaggyGreens wrote:
    "We better pick this guy he is clearly a new millenium cohort with his shaved head and we will be investing in the future
    ".

I agree Wrighty there should be a couple more emerging players. Other than Will Pucovski there are none of them. Main reason is there are several of our Baggy Greens returning from injury via the A tour.. namely.. Hazlewood and one or two batsmen. Kurtis Patterson and Tim Paine are Test incumbents that missed WC spots. With the Ashes soon the two need some place to prepare and the A tour was considered the best solution.
    cheers - thanks for that info/answer

13. Post
    signman wrote:
    Yeah, it's a pain ay, Same thing has happened to me a few times, you can get rid of your first post where it doubled up... just Edit - Delete - Delete Post.

Hope those Aussie squads get much better weather in England than the crappy weather we're having at the ODI WC, teams are having to practice indoors a lot.
    thanks for heads up. I tried deleting and it duplicated instead?????

Poms had a heatwave last summer.. looks back to normal for them this summer. Means our A and Ashes boys will be facing typical dim and moist conditions.

14. Post
    wrighty wrote:

From the 4 day outfit I see Paine, Hazlewood as Ashes certs.. with Harris, Patterson, Head, Pattinson and Holland probables.. Pucovski, Marsh, Handscomb and Tremain possibles.

15. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Sorry N if the above is argumentative I got a shitty telling off from some manager throwing their weight around at work. Apologise. Felt agitated for most of the evening.
    That person sounds like an absolute tosser... one of my mates is high-up in management & was telling me too many people get a job as a manager more through who they know rather than actually having the skills to do the job properly, so because they're not very good at their job they tend to try & Bully people.

16. Post
    BaggyGreens wrote:
    thanks for heads up. I tried deleting and it duplicated instead?????

Poms had a heatwave last summer.. looks back to normal for them this summer. Means our A and Ashes boys will be facing typical dim and moist conditions.
    When you get to the Delete Post part look directly above & you'll see a small circle with Delete Message by it, click inside circle where a black dot will appear, then click Delete Post & it should get rid of your post.

17. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    I'm hardly going in to bat for him, I think what I said was fairly accurate. Having a go at a guy for shaving his head for going bald was strange, implying there was an ulterior motive behind it.

I feel like Aus have tried most of their promising spinners and all fared worse than Agar.

18. Post
    signman wrote:
    That person sounds like an absolute tosser... one of my mates is high-up in management & was telling me too many people get a job as a manager more through who they know rather than actually having the skills to do the job properly, so because they're not very good at their job they tend to try & Bully people.
    Thanks sign man!

19. Post
    <N> wrote:
    I'm hardly going in to bat for him, I think what I said was fairly accurate. Having a go at a guy for shaving his head for going bald was strange, implying there was an ulterior motive behind it.

I feel like Aus have tried most of their promising spinners and all fared worse than Agar.
    Sure it was strange. Half my posts are either tongue in cheek or hyperbole designed to spark a conversation. I did owe you an apology though,

20. Post
    @BaggyGreen

If you would be so inclined would love a post ranking in order all of Australias FC spinners starting with Lyon at the top.

interested as to where Agar sits.

21. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    @BaggyGreen

If you would be so inclined would love a post ranking in order all of Australias FC spinners starting with Lyon at the top.

interested as to where Agar sits.
    Wrighty call me Baggers or Baggy. Should be able to get that from Cricinfo. Will take a look. I can tell you Agar wont sit very loftily as he plays most of his cricket on the WACA.. which as you may know is a slow bowler's graveyard. Agar has been a CA "project" player.. meaning it has invested a lot into his career.. CA rates him.
    Last edited by BaggyGreens; 20th June 2019 at 1:37 pm.

22. Post
    Wrighty I could not find an itemised record of slow bowlers. So I will give you a comparison between Agar and another WAussie slow man.. Bradley Hogg. He played 70 FC matches.. 122wts @37.7 whereas Agar has played 40 - 109 - @39.3. Fairly similar and Hoggy had a successful limited overs career.. domestically and internationally. He is still playing the old fellar.. at 42/43. Or was last year.

23. Post
    Hi Baggers

Was more thinking maybe do a top of your head list using your own judgement as to who was ranked where, Interesting to know Agar has so many FC scalps however and compares well to Hogg.

Here is my top Australian spinners I have seen in tests in my lifetime. I didn't see much of Warne as I was overseas for a bit but have him at number one partly on what I have read as well as seen

1 Warne
    2 Lyon
    3 Peter Taylor
    4 Hauritz
    5 Marcus North

Daylight

6 Sleep
    7 Mathews
    8 Krezja (spelling)
    Daylight
    9 Agar

Apologies to Hogg and the other leggie Aussie had who couldn't get much game time ahead of Warne. Both I didn't see much of.

24. Post

25. Post
    https://www.cricket.com.au/news/full...hts/2019-06-21

Well Wrighty Agar had a good start with the ball for Oz A overnite.